TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 19, 2014, 7:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Maringer

LJL doesn't have a terrible first touch. Full stop.

He's no Gianfranco Zola, but don't try to make out he can't control the ball because it's not true. He's a 5th division striker with reasonable ball control for this level but his weakness is that he's not a natural goalscorer. As is often said, if he was, he wouldn't be playing for us.

It's an illusion that LJL has good touch or control. What he does have is the strength to keep his body between defenders and the ball with his back to goal even though it might bounce off him and a weaker player would be dispossessed. When he has to control the ball going forward or on the run he is poor.

To some extent this explains why the attacks tend to be one dimensional - throwing the ball up to LJL with his back to goal works for him and he sometimes releases another player. Playing the ball through or over the top for him to go after to shoot or cross usually doesn't.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 156
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2014, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

I don't have the time or inclination to reply to all of your contributions.  73% of 600-ish still represents a small proportion of Town's "Fan Base"....

Such a shame!   73% of 5000 would be quite a lot though!
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 156
cleethorpes_mariner
August 19, 2014, 8:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't and never have seen myself as representative of any clique or faction. I just have a belief, shared by several on here, that the club is not yet capable of getting out of this league.

What is noticeable is your obsession with retaliating to almost every post I make on here whilst ignoring others that make similar points. You state 300 members, well over 600 have voted on the PH in or out poll, of which 73% (last time I looked) voted out. So perhaps my views are shared by more than you prefer to admit.

Not necessarily accurate because if you use chrome in incognito mode you can vote more than once so it could be one user with a day to spare constantly voting for Hurst out,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 156
oldun
August 19, 2014, 8:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from northbankmariner
i would be very dissapointed if hurst didnt publicly back any of his players, not especially LJL, i dont see it as taking a swipe at the fans just re-inforcing the fact that despite what we all think it is down to him, and him alone to pick the team, hey if it was that easy we would all have coaching badges and employed proffesionally, but it isnt and while we are all the greates manager sat in the stands or on our computer manager games, the reality is it isnt that easy, but we have to give him credit and our support as manager right now, as well as each and every one of our players.

Spot on northbank
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 156
ackomariner
August 19, 2014, 8:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3

Not necessarily accurate because if you use chrome in incognito mode you can vote more than once so it could be one user with a day to spare constantly voting for Hurst out,

I don't think so though , do you?

Three quarters want him gone, that's a big margin and nobody can deny that really.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 156
Quagmire
August 19, 2014, 8:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from barralad

I don't have the time or inclination to reply to all of your contributions.  73% of 600-ish still represents a small proportion of Town's "Fan Base"....

I'm pretty sure that if 73% of 700ish voted in favour of keeping Hurst that the rose-tinted brigade would be lording that fact over the 'moaners'.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 156
ackomariner
August 19, 2014, 8:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

I'm pretty sure that if 73% of 700ish voted in favour of keeping Hurst that the rose-tinted brigade would be lording that fact over the 'moaners'.

Exactly, just as there making excuses already  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 156
barralad
August 19, 2014, 8:26pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from pontoonlew

You are a classic example of a person who is so narrow minded that they're not able to accept there might actually be a problem. 25 goals in 23 goals for a side who should be trying for a title is not good enough but you seem happy to accept that 'Hurst is in charge i'll support all his decisions'. It's a forum, people have opinions and if Hurst isn't doing the business then this is the place people will vent their frustrations. If people are paying for watch a match they are entitled to come on a message board and say what they like.

You are also a classic example of people who think anybody who questions LJL's place in the team is 'relentlessly criticising' or 'Bullying' (I cannot quite describe to you how pathetic you sound saying that). You are making that up in your head, go and actually READ the posts. As often said, Lenny has a place in this squad but I do not feel he has earned a place in the starting 11 and I feel Hurst had him in mind when he failed to get a goalscorer in. I feel better players than LJL have been dropped (and in fact let go from the club) and I can't help thinking that's down to Hurst's tinted view of LJL. Perhaps he does just rate LJL but how long does it need to go on with the team turning in under par performances with a distinct lack of goals before he swallows his pride and TRIED something new?

It's a messageboard Barralad and people pay very very good money to watch the football produced. If they support the side at the game and come on here & feel something isn't right, they are 100% entitled to that opinion.

Your whole focus when you post on here is narrow minded criticism of one player who wears the colours of GTFC (and the manager). Most of the time you only mention other players in connection with how badly done to they have been in relation to LJL.

I certainly don't need a lesson from you in respect of freedom of speech. As it is a "message board" I have always assumed that that gives ME the right to say what I think and challenge opinions that I don't necessarily agree with or does saying what you like only apply to your side of the fence? How you respond to my "challenge" is of course up to you.

I support Hurst as manager of GTFC because I follow the somewhat quaint notion that he is employed as a professional football team manager. I on the other hand am a recently retired civil servant whose direct involvement with football ended on the "Ploggers" 20 or so years ago. I don't believe that I know better than someone who is paid to do the job. I also am not party to what goes on behind the scenes at B.P. I'm not always happy with what goes on on the pitch but generally I can keep a sense of perspective when posting on here or writing an article about a match I've been to. Perhaps you should try it-you might actually like it...

To someone with your narrow focus it may appear that my comments are pathetic but before you go too far down the road of criticism on that point I suggest you re-read your continued references to "favourites" and conspiracy theories. As I said-belongs in the school playground...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 156
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2014, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ackomariner

And the Red Cross monster is busy too
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 156
ackomariner
August 19, 2014, 8:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

And giving negative marks  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 156
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst takes a swipe at fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.