This thread currently has 4,174 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
The Singing Fisherman
August 19, 2014, 4:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
I love my football club and want them to succeed and get back into the football league like I'm sure every town fan does. I understand the football in the first 3 games hasn't been brilliant but apart from 1 silly mistake in the middle of the park leading to our only goal against us. I think we have been solid at the back and hopefully with more of our attacking players coming back our fortunes and performances on the pitch will change soon. We are only 3 games in and still unbeaten. Go on a good run in the next few games and the first 3 will be a distant memory. How about backing the lads at every opportunity and try get more positive vibes back at the park. I sit in the upper and a bunch of old farts behind me just complain all game and it gets right on my mammaries. All I hear is "Rubbish and get him off" I'm sure it does the players confidence loads of good. Not! Anyone would think it was the end of the season and we had no chance of promotion. We have loads of games left to change it round and defo more chance now we have players coming back. I think the negativity coming from some fans is a little wrong and premature considering the recent luck with injury's etc. If you want your team to do well and succeed how ever you dislike the manager etc. Surly getting behind your team and trying to create a positive atmosphere around the place is going to help more with motivating the players than shouting negative comments all the time when things aren't going to plan so early in the season. So to all thous grumpy victor meldrews out there smile and try to be more positive for a change it's not all that bad!Positivity breeds success. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
August 19, 2014, 4:44pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
I love my football club and want them to succeed and get back into the football league like I'm sure every town fan does. I understand the football in the first 3 games hasn't been brilliant but apart from 1 silly mistake in the middle of the park leading to our only goal against us. I think we have been solid at the back and hopefully with more of our attacking players coming back our fortunes and performances on the pitch will change soon. We are only 3 games in and still unbeaten. Go on a good run in the next few games and the first 3 will be a distant memory. How about backing the lads at every opportunity and try get more positive vibes back at the park. I sit in the upper and a bunch of old farts behind me just complain all game and it gets right on my mammaries. All I hear is "Rubbish and get him off" I'm sure it does the players confidence loads of good. Not! Anyone would think it was the end of the season and we had no chance of promotion. We have loads of games left to change it round and defo more chance now we have players coming back. I think the negativity coming from some fans is a little wrong and premature considering the recent luck with injury's etc. If you want your team to do well and succeed how ever you dislike the manager etc. Surly getting behind your team and trying to create a positive atmosphere around the place is going to help more with motivating the players than shouting negative comments all the time when things aren't going to plan so early in the season. So to all thous grumpy victor meldrews out there smile and try to be more positive for a change it's not all that bad!Positivity breeds success. Utm

I don't believe it....
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
kingster72
August 19, 2014, 4:46pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Optimism and positiveness in most fans has been in short supply since we dropped into the conference.  We can't beat part-time clubs and understandably we want to get out of this league asap.  I have always been a positive fan, but like others, now cannot bear the thought of us messing up again!  Even 3 games in, we should have 7 points and we have just 3, but from the way we've played (in the last 2) there is no reason to think we live up to being faves for the league with Hurst and Fenty leading the club.  The next 2 games are must wins and I hope we do have 9pts come Monday eve, this will in some way, help us feel slightly positive again.  Here's hoping?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
grimsby pete
August 19, 2014, 4:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2014, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

Much easier to get behind a team that comes out looking like it wants to attack and create some belief.

The Paul Hurst mentality is of someone who knows that their time is up. It's anti the press and anti the fans. Every home game should be gung-ho from the start to put the fear of God into teams like Dover - instead we get the 'don't under-estimate them' 'it was a good point all things considered' crap that everyone is fed up with.

Surly/surely it's time that the custodians of this club realise that to get the fans behind them is to be positive not negative in both attitude and deed because it strikes me that most fans are just sat there waiting for shitto happen. Give the fans something to cheer and they will cheer, some (like me) might come back and we might get back to a situation where BP becomes a fortress again. Unless and until, I fear it won't.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
The Singing Fisherman
August 19, 2014, 5:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Much easier to get behind a team that comes out looking like it wants to attack and create some belief.

The Paul Hurst mentality is of someone who knows that their time is up. It's anti the press and anti the fans. Every home game should be gung-ho from the start to put the fear of God into teams like Dover - instead we get the 'don't under-estimate them' 'it was a good point all things considered' crap that everyone is fed up with.

Surly/surely it's time that the custodians of this club realise that to get the fans behind them is to be positive not negative in both attitude and deed because it strikes me that most fans are just sat there waiting for shitto happen. Give the fans something to cheer and they will cheer, some (like me) might come back and we might get back to a situation where BP becomes a fortress again. Unless and until, I fear it won't.

I understand it works both ways. But surely we will get more of a true idea how the season is going to pan out once all our attacking players are back. Just think it's a little earlier to take the negative stance just yet. Hopefully a good wkd this one coming and things will feel a little different. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
Mariner21
August 19, 2014, 5:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
But it's not just 3 f**king games it's since Scott and Hurst have been here and more recently Paul on his own!!!  It's the same old shite every game we haven't moved forward for at least 2 and a half years.  The clocks ticking and i can't see any improvement whatsoever while ph is in charge
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
Mariner21
August 19, 2014, 5:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
Yeah he's turned us from mid table non league hopers into play off no hopers we need someone who will take  us that next level I  can't see it within Paul Hurst
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
Stevie Saunders
August 19, 2014, 5:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Next two games are must win!
Interesting... why are they must win??

Hyperbole and gross exaggeration I believe

Point at Gateshead and win v Alfreton and the bunting will be out in Cleethorpes.. trust me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
BrickTop
August 19, 2014, 5:55pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +231
Quoted from pizzzza

I don't believe it....

Beat me to it.  

"You take sugar?"
"No thank you turkish, I'm sweet enough"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all thous Victor meldrew's out there

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.