Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Next two games are must win!
Interesting... why are they must win??

Hyperbole and gross exaggeration I believe

Point at Gateshead and win v Alfreton and the bunting will be out in Cleethorpes.. trust me

Negative , going for a point at gateshead . That's what some people are trying to get across.

I won't be happy for a point at gateshead and until that mentality changes this club will be down here for years to come

For gods sake it's gateshead with 800 poxy fans in the ground

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Marinerz93
August 19, 2014, 6:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I respect what you are trying to say The Singing Fisherman but people need to vent their frustrations and it is better that they do it on the fishy than at the game.

Not everyone who boos the players or complains at the match reads or posts on the fishy.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
denni266
August 19, 2014, 6:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Its not 3 games ,its been since christmas,, and if you look at the wider view, we are no better off league wise than when neil woods was in charge .. same league different year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
DocTower
August 19, 2014, 6:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223

I understand it works both ways. But surely we will get more of a true idea how the season is going to pan out once all our attacking players are back. Just think it's a little earlier to take the negative stance just yet. Hopefully a good wkd this one coming and things will feel a little different. Utm

Really admire your enthusiasm and optimistic view , I really hope you prove every doubter wrong .UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 19, 2014, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
I love my football club and want them to succeed and get back into the football league like I'm sure every town fan does. I understand the football in the first 3 games hasn't been brilliant but apart from 1 silly mistake in the middle of the park leading to our only goal against us. I think we have been solid at the back and hopefully with more of our attacking players coming back our fortunes and performances on the pitch will change soon. We are only 3 games in and still unbeaten. Go on a good run in the next few games and the first 3 will be a distant memory. How about backing the lads at every opportunity and try get more positive vibes back at the park. I sit in the upper and a bunch of old farts behind me just complain all game and it gets right on my mammaries. All I hear is "Rubbish and get him off" I'm sure it does the players confidence loads of good. Not! Anyone would think it was the end of the season and we had no chance of promotion. We have loads of games left to change it round and defo more chance now we have players coming back. I think the negativity coming from some fans is a little wrong and premature considering the recent luck with injury's etc. If you want your team to do well and succeed how ever you dislike the manager etc. Surly getting behind your team and trying to create a positive atmosphere around the place is going to help more with motivating the players than shouting negative comments all the time when things aren't going to plan so early in the season. So to all thous grumpy victor meldrews out there smile and try to be more positive for a change it's not all that bad!Positivity breeds success. Utm

And breath

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
Vance Warner
August 19, 2014, 7:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
A shame that any attempt at unifying fans and creating a bit of positivity on this board gets hijacked by the moaning brigade. If we'd won the first 3 games would this board be full of praise for the team and endless repetitive threads about how great we are? Not sure if it's human nature / football supporters nature or Grimsby nature but a lot of people prefer moaning than praising the team - if you need evidence look at how busy this board is after a defeat compared to after a win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
barralad
August 19, 2014, 7:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from ackomariner

Negative , going for a point at gateshead . That's what some people are trying to get across.

I won't be happy for a point at gateshead and until that mentality changes this club will be down here for years to come

For gods sake it's gateshead with 800 poxy fans in the ground

I don't often agree with 80s but I do believe he is right when he says that if Town "went for it" on Saturday and ended up getting beaten convincingly the Fishy on Saturday night would require an X certificate (one for the more mature in age amongst us).

As for your last comment, when league positions are decided on the size of crowds I'll join your argument. Gateshead are a side who, despite some underhand tactics know how to play the game. With a better start to last season they could well have found themselves starting this campaign in the Football League...

I would dearly love 3 points on Saturday but would accept a point if it were offered now...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2014, 7:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

As for your last comment, when league positions are decided on the size of crowds I'll join your argument. Gateshead are a side who, despite some underhand tactics know how to play the game. With a better start to last season they could well have found themselves starting this campaign in the Football League...

We could do with some underhand tactics. No, hold on, let's just start with tactics for now........
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
August 19, 2014, 8:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
I love my football club and want them to succeed and get back into the football league like I'm sure every town fan does. I understand the football in the first 3 games hasn't been brilliant but apart from 1 silly mistake in the middle of the park leading to our only goal against us. I think we have been solid at the back and hopefully with more of our attacking players coming back our fortunes and performances on the pitch will change soon. We are only 3 games in and still unbeaten. Go on a good run in the next few games and the first 3 will be a distant memory. How about backing the lads at every opportunity and try get more positive vibes back at the park. I sit in the upper and a bunch of old farts behind me just complain all game and it gets right on my mammaries. All I hear is "Rubbish and get him off" I'm sure it does the players confidence loads of good. Not! Anyone would think it was the end of the season and we had no chance of promotion. We have loads of games left to change it round and defo more chance now we have players coming back. I think the negativity coming from some fans is a little wrong and premature considering the recent luck with injury's etc. If you want your team to do well and succeed how ever you dislike the manager etc. Surly getting behind your team and trying to create a positive atmosphere around the place is going to help more with motivating the players than shouting negative comments all the time when things aren't going to plan so early in the season. So to all thous grumpy victor meldrews out there smile and try to be more positive for a change it's not all that bad!Positivity breeds success. Utm

Don't tell me - you also go to the away games with Getyourfactsright, right?

"Negativity a little premature" - weve been on the slide for 10 years!

If you think our fans are bad you should have read the Luton fans sites till they eventually got it together.

There are always a few moans and groans at every ground in the country from Old Trafford down, but I think the fans have been incredibly lenient towards the "board" and team considering the circumstances.

I think that may change though unless there really is an upturn soon, which to be fair is probable when we get a full team out.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
lee65
August 19, 2014, 9:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
I don't support those who moan at games for no apparent reason, but I do wish that the club (JF /PH etc.)would give a little more credit to the 90% of fans who attend in very decent numbers to support our beloved team, bearing in mind the standard of entertainment on offer lately.
Sure I'd like to see 5000 in the ground, but 3500+ paying £18 per game is no mean feat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all thous Victor meldrew's out there

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.