Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gone!!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 217 Guests

Gone!!!

This thread currently has 3,914 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
marinernige
August 19, 2014, 9:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
I don't post very often these days, but always enjoyed the banter on the fishy. Its now become very dull with the same all sh@t and so much negativity nowadays.

Whilst everybody is entitled to their opinions it seems that's only acceptable here if you agree with those that are shouting loudest and fail to see anything but the negative.

We're three matches in and after reading the posts here it seems the season is over. Its true to say we've not had a great start but we've not lost yet either.  Its also true to say we've been unlucky with lots off injuries, suspensions and illness.

Anyway I'm really bored with the fishy now and so won't be wasting my time posting or even reading this now.
I'm a s/t holder, and will continue to support my team home and away. If we all keep the faith and stick together in getting behind the team who knows the future of our beloved football club may actually be positive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
August 19, 2014, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I had a break of a few months over the summer to avoid the silly season. Perhaps worth coming back in a month or two when we'll have a better idea of whether or not we really have a lot to moan about!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
NorthseaMariner
August 19, 2014, 9:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
I agree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
pontoonlew
August 19, 2014, 9:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Just me who thought Hurst had been sacked then?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
ginnywings
August 19, 2014, 10:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Your choice Nige but a forum is to express all views, whether you agree with them or not. Those like myself who are critical of the team and management are cast as negative Victor Meldrews, when in fact i care deeply for the club and think it is not being managed properly. It isn't just the last 3 games either. I felt Hurst should have been removed with Scott or at least at the end of the season.

That is just my view and doesn't make it right, wrong, indifferent or negative. If you feel the board is too negative for you, then so be it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
Nelly GTFC
August 19, 2014, 10:12pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from pontoonlew
Just me who thought Hurst had been sacked then?  
YES, first thing I thought!  

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
Marinerz93
August 19, 2014, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings
Your choice Nige but a forum is to express all views, whether you agree with them or not. Those like myself who are critical of the team and management are cast as negative Victor Meldrews, when in fact i care deeply for the club and think it is not being managed properly. It isn't just the last 3 games either. I felt Hurst should have been removed with Scott or at least at the end of the season.

That is just my view and doesn't make it right, wrong, indifferent or negative. If you feel the board is too negative for you, then so be it.

The post above sums up for me what is great about the fishy and if people wish to leave the board for a time that's their choice.  

However, saying this board is too negative and won't be posting any more seems even more negative.  A couple of wins and a hat trick by LJL and every body will be talking about automatic promotion and LJL being top scorer, what will happen then, will the negative posters leave stating it's too positive for them  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
chaos33
August 19, 2014, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
And all this because some people don't understand the difference between 'negative' and 'critical'.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
August 19, 2014, 10:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

The post above sums up for me what is great about the fishy and if people wish to leave the board for a time that's their choice.  

However, saying this board is too negative and won't be posting any more seems even more negative.  A couple of wins and a hat trick by LJL and every body will be talking about automatic promotion and LJL being top scorer, what will happen then, will the negative posters leave stating it's too positive for them  

They'll stop posting as much won't they ?

Probably understandable as fans tend to focus more on "fixing problems".

What worries me is the lack of constructive solutions. (especially the "support" (see being supportive) one)
More often than not it's just pure frustration which leads to over-reactive hysteria.

Put it this way....
I've yet to see anyone say "Well I criticized LJL but thought he had a good match on Saturday"

If there's no balance, fairness and people are just sticking to their guns or agendas, I can see why the OP says "agree with those that are shouting loudest and fail to see anything but the negative."
Reply: 8 - 37
August 19, 2014, 10:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
And all this because some people don't understand the difference between 'negative' and 'critical'.

Critical (or negative) is fine just so long as you're offering constructive solutions.

While I couldn't disagree with most of yours more, I give you credit at least you're offering them constructively.
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gone!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.