Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Quick question.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 167 Guests

Quick question.

This thread currently has 1,794 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
August 20, 2014, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
It does my head in when we have these sort of discussions about he is a great signing or he is a positive signing.

We have these claims at the start of every season.

No one knows until the end of the season whether the singings have impoved the squad or not.

If we go up, great they have. If we are still in this shite league next season then no they haven't.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
pontoonlew
August 20, 2014, 1:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 171
I'd say the signings are positive and not many people would argue against. The fact is you can sign all the players you like, it's what you're telling them to do out there on the pitch that matters. Hurst's tactics still smack of defense before attack to me, signing certain players doesn't particularly change that.

Though if he does utilize those players better, things can change quickly. Just from experience of Hurst, I don't trust that he will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
mike_d
August 20, 2014, 1:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
It'd help though if the players he's signed could actually play before you criticise how he deploys them defensively, wouldn't it?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Dan
August 20, 2014, 3:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
To be honest, I don't want Hurst to go. BUT, the team we had last season would have gone up if we could actually score goals. We've replaced like for like in defence and midfield and kept the same ineffective strike force. This is a problem.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Maringer
August 20, 2014, 3:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Dan
To be honest, I don't want Hurst to go. BUT, the team we had last season would have gone up if we could actually score goals. We've replaced like for like in defence and midfield and kept the same ineffective strike force*. This is a problem.

*Except for the signing of Pittman and possibly Arnold up front as well as (hopefully) the future arrival of another attacker or two.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
oldun
August 20, 2014, 4:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from arryarryarry
It does my head in when we have these sort of discussions about he is a great signing or he is a positive signing.

We have these claims at the start of every season.

No one knows until the end of the season whether the singings have impoved the squad or not.

If we go up, great they have. If we are still in this shite league next season then no they haven't.

eh up arry. I have seen him play in the past and have seen him play pre-season and he looks the business for me. however I agree, there are no guarantees that a signing will work out, only time will tell. I am looking forward to seeing him play and hoping he comes good. What else are we supposed to do? You sound a bit like my dear old mother used to be. I would call round to see her and say something like "fine day today mum" to which she would reply "yeh, but rain is on its way later" . Did my head in, bless her

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Quick question.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.