3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimsby2012
August 20, 2014, 1:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Just been on the BBC website for the latest footy news when i came across Good old Charlie on the Home page. It's an article about him and past/present English footballers playing abroad.
Quite a good read. Wish he still was here.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28259902

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
August 20, 2014, 2:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Nice article and it will be interesting to see if he does well enough out on loan to get himself into the Elche first team next season. The right attitude to want to play matches, which some young players in this country don't seem interested in doing.

He doesn't have a bad word to say about GTFC either, which gives some perspective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
moosey_club
August 20, 2014, 3:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Just been on the BBC website for the latest footy news when i came across Good old Charlie on the Home page. It's an article about him and past/present English footballers playing abroad.
Quite a good read. Wish he still was here.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28259902

Yeah, i liked the way he was shaping up, never mind....if he was still here he would still be behind another loanee in the pecking order so best for him that he moved on.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Maringer
August 20, 2014, 3:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Yeah, i liked the way he was shaping up, never mind....if he was still here he would still be behind another loanee in the pecking order so best for him that he moved on.

And you know this, how? As I'Anson was playing pretty regularly before he left, I'd imagine he'd have been playing pretty regularly over the past 2 seasons as well, probably even enough to establish himself as a first choice defender.

But, hey, no reason for you not to have another dig at Hurst. Heaven knows, there haven't been enough of those on this board over the past week or two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
pontoonlew
August 20, 2014, 3:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from Maringer

And you know this, how? As I'Anson was playing pretty regularly before he left, I'd imagine he'd have been playing pretty regularly over the past 2 seasons as well, probably even enough to establish himself as a first choice defender.

But, hey, no reason for you not to have another dig at Hurst. Heaven knows, there haven't been enough of those on this board over the past week or two.

I'm afraid there's about to be another one. It was known I'anson was offered a petty wage by us to stay, almost entirely the reason he cleared off, I can tell you that is a fact. The way he asserted himself with us, showed commitment to actually come over and play for us was commendable. He played well and looked a very good prospect.

Then for Hurst last year to rip the guys abilities to shreds in the fans forum when I'anson had just made 6 appearances in a league far greater than Hurst has ever achieved was totally embarrassing & unwarranted. The fact I'anson doesn't mention the managers at Grimsby, just the club shows to me how he must feel about Scott & Hurst. I know if a manager had said something like that about me I wouldn't have had that much restraint not to have a dig back.

As a club we should be proud of what he is achieving and all the luck in the world to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
MuddyWaters
August 20, 2014, 4:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from pontoonlew

I'm afraid there's about to be another one. It was known I'anson was offered a petty wage by us to stay, almost entirely the reason he cleared off, I can tell you that is a fact. The way he asserted himself with us, showed commitment to actually come over and play for us was commendable. He played well and looked a very good prospect.

Then for Hurst last year to rip the guys abilities to shreds in the fans forum when I'anson had just made 6 appearances in a league far greater than Hurst has ever achieved was totally embarrassing & unwarranted. The fact I'anson doesn't mention the managers at Grimsby, just the club shows to me how he must feel about Scott & Hurst. I know if a manager had said something like that about me I wouldn't have had that much restraint not to have a dig back.

As a club we should be proud of what he is achieving and all the luck in the world to him.

Although I know some of this is true from a friend of a friend I can't say any more #gettingmyfactsright

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
oldun
August 20, 2014, 4:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
My god, we would rather support players who are no longer here than get behind those that are. Good luck to him but he is not relevant to the present squad and will have no effect on our efforts to get promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
August 20, 2014, 4:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
Then for Hurst last year to rip the guys abilities to shreds in the fans forum

Can you elaborate here ?

Not trying to pick you apart, just genuinely interested cos I don't remember.
Reply: 7 - 22
oldun
August 20, 2014, 4:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from 120797

Can you elaborate here ?

Not trying to pick you apart, just genuinely interested cos I don't remember.

If I recall correctly, he said something along the lines that Charlie had the worst left foot he had seen in a footballer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Maringer
August 20, 2014, 4:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I remember reading about Hurst's apparent comments on here and wondering what all that was about. Seemed a very odd thing to say about a player who had left the club some time before and I did wonder if he was being serious about it? I do wonder why there was any bad blood there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charlie I'Anson On BBC Football website

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.