4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
August 23, 2014, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Today's win wasn't great, it was fantastic.

Fantastic because;

1.  Our attack was relentless,
2.  We took our opportunities,
3.  We hassled Heed when they had possession,
4.  Players who have been slated have stepped up and delivered,

This is what we have been crying out for since we have been down here.  We now need to go on a winning run to consolidate the hard work that the players have done today.  A fantastic win and well done, especially to LJL.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
grimsby pete
August 23, 2014, 7:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Yes, I hope all those calling Hurst and LJL will come on here and say sorry,

I will start, well I have always said Hurst needs more time and be able to have a fully fit squad before we mention the S word,

I have always said LJL works hard but can not hit a barn door,

Well LJL has proved me wrong , keep it up Lenny and I am sorry for doubting you mate.

As for Paul, I have no need to say sorry but I will for the ones who wanted you out.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 23, 2014, 7:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I'm pleased for the fans and for a club that deserves so much better than crappy Conference level football. They were owed that performance.

Maybe today will convince the manager and the players that if they are positive on the pitch, make that move to attacking play and give the punters something to cheer,  they will get all the support they could desire.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
pontoonlew
August 23, 2014, 7:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from grimsby pete
Yes, I hope all those calling Hurst and LJL will come on here and say sorry,

I will start, well I have always said Hurst needs more time and be able to have a fully fit squad before we mention the S word,

I have always said LJL works hard but can not hit a barn door,

Well LJL has proved me wrong , keep it up Lenny and I am sorry for doubting you mate.

As for Paul, I have no need to say sorry but I will for the ones who wanted you out.

Pete it's a message board, people are entitled to their opinions on players and management. They shouldn't be sorry for having those opinions after one superb result. Just as the season wasn't over after 3 games, the season isn't made by one. Our best chance of getting a good result on Monday is to stay focused and not to get too carried away.

Today's result was a culmination of a few things, mainly us having a lot more players to choose from. I personally wanted to see how we got on with our full squad to choose from because I was fairly excited by the signings and the result today was superb. But take todays result for what it is and not use it to try & 'get one over' other posters because we all know how quickly things change.

However use it to 'get one over' Gateshead all you like, because they bloody deserve it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
cmackenzie4
August 23, 2014, 7:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Well said Dave, my son and me are still buzzing, wasn't expecting this result today at all.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
August 23, 2014, 8:02pm
Guest User
pontoonlew I'm proud but also slightly disappointed in you too.

Not least because you said in the match thread...
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1408800031/s-120/#num130
Quoted from pontoonlew
Well in to him and well in to everybody on that pitch right now. Absolutely superb half of football, probably the best we've played in a long long time!

Proving a lot of us wrong today.

Honest truth, I was gonna give you credit for being a bigger man than many others for saying that !
But then just as I was about to, noticed you slipped back into "Can't accept it cos I'll look weak" mode.

FFS just forget about quibbling over proving yourself to be right or wrong or whether Cook scored at Barrow.
Just get with the program !
No I don't mean blindly be an obedient yes man, just don't feel you need be a rebel for no real reason !  

Ultimately it's not about who's right or wrong...
Truth is, no-one really gives a flying intercourse or gets any credit even if they are !

It's about OUR club and how we can ALL be WINNERS TOGETHER UTD !
Do you get it ?...

You've suprised us once, will you be that hero & suprise us all again !?
I know you can do it ! Will you ?....
Come on mate, just lay down that pointless defensive posturing and join the real winning team !

i.e. NOT Fenty/happy clapper/rose tint Utd FC v Anti-Fenty/negative/rebel City.

I mean EVERYONE united together as the REAL GTFC !  

Same goes for anyone else who can admit they perhaps got over-gloomy or jumped the gun far too early too.
All welcome, jump on board !  

Bottom line is we're stronger together (hmmm that rings a bell !)
Reply: 5 - 39
denni266
August 23, 2014, 8:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
i will also say well done to the team for today, it was not expected . and if they where not fired up for this game they would never be..But one game does not make a season and the next few games will tell. imo Hurst still is not the man to take us out this pit and upwards. not changing my stance after just one game . . for the sake of the club i hope he proves me wrong , time will tell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
lew chaterleys lover
August 23, 2014, 8:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from 120797

Honest truth, I was gonna give you credit for being a bigger man than many others for saying that !
But then just as I was about to, noticed you slipped back into "Can't accept it cos I'll look weak" mode.

FFS just forget about quibbling over proving yourself to be right or wrong or whether Cook scored at Barrow.
No I don't mean blindly be an obedient yes man, just don't feel you need be a rebel for no real reason !  

Truth is, no-one really gives a flying intercourse or gets any credit even if they are !

Do you get it ?...

Come on mate, just lay down that pointless defensive posturing and join the real winning team !

Same goes for anyone else who can admit they perhaps got over-gloomy or jumped the gun far too early too.

If there were league placings for sanctimonious twaddle you would be romping away with the title.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
pontoonlew
August 23, 2014, 8:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
It's the wrong night to have a petty debate over what was discussed last week, the team don't deserve to be reading one after such a fine performance. What i'd say is you accuse people of 'jumping the gun' over raising concerns after 3 games (when in truth it was concerns spread over the course of a year) yet suggest everybody 'jumps on board' after one win.

I think the best mentality is keep our feet on the ground and see how things go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 23, 2014, 8:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 120797

Do you get it ?...

The first move is always from the players on the pitch. Today the team performed, the attitude was positive the selection was good, the squad was bigger and the luck that all teams need was with us. If the side continues to perform as well and the results come in and we are challenging for top spot the fans will be behind the team in droves. It works that way round. Quite honestly for its size this club has had amazing support from the fans, now it is time for payback and this is the first instalment.

One swallow and all that ........... This is an excellent result that deserves praise but it isn't promotion and ultimately that is the acid test. So let's calm down and just enjoy it as a one off. Perhaps on Monday we may have the second instalment to enjoy as well.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today's win wasn't

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.