Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Try to keep the negativity away now??
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 402 Guests

Try to keep the negativity away now??

This thread currently has 3,013 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
JMT
August 25, 2014, 11:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
We've seen what everybody being positive can do today, Lenny happily proving his haters wrong with his celebration.. Clay being bloody fantastic
if we keep the atmosphere positive and keep away the negatives i'm sure the team will preform.
Logged Offline
Private Message
acko338
August 26, 2014, 9:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
1- 0 or 7-0, both wins, but the way Town played over the two matches MUST surely put a smile on even the worst doubters. Tests will follow when we play the fancied teams or if a team digs in ten at the back and we find if we have learnt a Plan "B".

Movement and speed of passing will potentially be where we can overcome the trench merchants away from their homes - we now have several players who seem happy to take on opponents at speed and play good through balls to running players - this will drag even mass defenses out of their comfort zones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Marinerz93
August 26, 2014, 11:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Gatesheed were a fancied team  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 26, 2014, 12:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I posted this on the Great Weekend thread.

Just looking back to January 2011 which was the time we scored 7 against Mansfield followed by 6 against Histon, after those two results we only got 27 points from the next 24 games. So for once I am on the side of the manager in being cautious. It was a sensible comment in interview to say he was pleased but not excited.

My perspective is that Hurst is beginning to grow up as a manager and if the players keep getting the points he may become a bit more positive if not adventurous! The real test will come in the tight matches where he needs to change the game with a new tactic or substitution.

For now let's enjoy two great days. There have been enough grim ones to last us a lifetime.

Seems to me that we should be "realistically" happy and save the "over the moon" happy for later.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
MeanwoodMariner
August 26, 2014, 12:28pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8

Seems to me that we should be "realistically" happy and save the "over the moon" happy for later.

What you say makes complete sense from a professional point of view but I would say that weekends like this are as good as it gets as a fan so feel free to go mental! For a few more days at least it feels like we can beat anyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Getyourfactsright
August 26, 2014, 9:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
What I noted was that the Gateshead faithful sung their hearts out behind us. Very annoying when it's not your own..

Irrelevant of going goals down they didn't shut up.

Hope we can forget where we've been for a while and back our lads come what may.

Encouragement can make a player show where without that may not be the case.

Worth a try and let's build on things. There will be bumps along the way and that's when we most need the fans.

A best John UTM
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
cod_head_doug
August 26, 2014, 9:07pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
As I was driving back from Gateshead I had BBC Newcastle on the radio. The two old boy pundits suggested that the entire Grimsby team should be drug tested regarding the way we played and how we took the heed apart. It made me giggle. Then after seeing the demolition of Alfreton on Monday it got me thinking. So I don't know what you are putting in tea Paul, but whatever it is, keep right on !

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
acko338
August 26, 2014, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
They've all been to Specsavers, and can see each other now, and pass to the right players in the right positions..... SIMPS !!!!!!!!!!

Take it one game at a time, and sub the booked players, so they don't get sent off and suspended ! - surprised no one has mentioned that yet??

I think that Brown could possibly beat Pearson to the first bookings suspension??

Big priority is to keep the players fit, not run them into the ground.

Anyone know how Nathan Arnold is recovering??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
August 26, 2014, 9:28pm
Guest User
Couldn't agree more with John tbh, some really excellent points IMO.

Perhaps some imagine I'm only saying it to agree but nothing could be further from the truth.

Reply: 8 - 21
chaos33
August 26, 2014, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from 120797
Couldn't agree more with John tbh, some really excellent points IMO.

Perhaps some imagine I'm only saying it to agree but nothing could be further from the truth.

I understand what he's saying, but, in all fairness, Gateshead haven't been where we've been, lost what we've lost, fallen from the height we've tumbled from and endured some of the difficulties and non-performances we have. This is their level if everyone is honest and probably always will be. We're not comparing like with like.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Try to keep the negativity away now??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.