2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Tangerine Chris
August 26, 2014, 7:28am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
For anyone who is interested, he was out training on pitch before the team came out yesterday, and he said he should be back to full fitness and available for selection next Saturday.

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
August 26, 2014, 8:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 44
Good to have another option, if we can create chances like yesterday Ross will score goals in this side. Obviously Lennie and Pittman are first choice, but I wonder if this knocks Connell further down the pecking order, and with Arnold who can play up top to come back and Neilson who looked dangerous playing off LJL late on yesterday we've certainly got options in the final third.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
mariner91
August 26, 2014, 8:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,631
Gold Stars: 260
Wouldn't be surprised to see Connell leaving within the next two weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
MeanwoodMariner
August 26, 2014, 9:20am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from mariner91
Wouldn't be surprised to see Connell leaving within the next two weeks.

Quite possibly. Personally I'd love him to stay as we'd have such a variety of attacking options it's incredible.

LJL has power, strength, can hold the ball up, strong in the air
Pittman is quick and powerful
Hannah, I believe, is the best finisher at the club
Connell is capable of dropping deep and is probably the best technically of our forwards

Keep em all I say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Garth
August 26, 2014, 9:30am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Quite possibly. Personally I'd love him to stay as we'd have such a variety of attacking options it's incredible.

LJL has power, strength, can hold the ball up, strong in the air
Pittman is quick and powerful
Hannah, I believe, is the best finisher at the club
Connell is capable of dropping deep and is probably the best technically of our forwards

Keep em all I say.

We were looking for another forward now there is no need  Connell fits the bill,  if injuries or a change of tactics is required he still has the nouse and class to operate alongside Arnold as a completely different attacking alternative if required along with Hannah, those three would have given Alfreton some problems yesterday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
grimsby pete
August 26, 2014, 10:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
The way we are playing at the moment,

We will have more than one 20+ striker in the team by the end of the season.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
jimgtfc
August 26, 2014, 10:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 44
I think it might come down to whether or not Connell wants to stay here to potentially be 3rd or 4th choice striker, he's only here on non contract terms (or week to week or whatever it is) so he can walk away whenever he wants or we can release him. Personally I'd like to see him stay because there's still a class player in there who could score goals, he'd have scored yesterday, but then again I think I'd fancy my chances against Alfreton!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
August 26, 2014, 10:40am
Guest User
From what I've seen of Alan Connell, he looks like a declining footballer and I'd let him go. Am I right in thinking he hasn't scored ANY goals in his last 44 appearances?! He looks lightweight, weak and has lost a yard of pace (not that he had too many yards to lose). His link up play has been awful, he doesn't look like scoring but who knows? Perhaps if he gets one, he'd be a different player? Shame as he's only 31 but he looks a shadow of the player he was four years ago.
Reply: 7 - 11
SamTheMariner
August 27, 2014, 9:27am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Ross will benefit from being in this setup l. He pressurized people last year by himself, but with everyone doing it, he will be great. The only problem with him is unlike Pittman, Hannah needs his chances created for him. If we create as many as we are at the moment that won't be an issue

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
mike_d
August 27, 2014, 11:28am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Really depends if he can figure out how to stay onside. Hopefully with the rest of the team pressing this will mean the oppositions defensive line is further up so he's not able to go beyond it so much.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ross Hannah

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.