3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
August 31, 2014, 10:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
Having just watched it several times over, the first for "dissent" looked very very harsh.

Shop was walking back to our area, it looks like he muttering to himself, & then claps. Ref thinks about it & then calls him back & books him.

The 2nd. booking is a joke.  Shop is shoulder to shoulder with their player on the half way line, he goes down, foul, & then gets the yellow card out. He wasn't clean through, there are plenty of Town defenders back.

Since when has a shoulder charge been a foul. & a booking?

As for Mariners Player, what is going on? Only half a game at a time, & I must agree about the commentator. I know it's a difficult job, but please, it's awful.

What's happened to John Moore?
Logged Offline
Private Message
bobbyturtle
September 1, 2014, 12:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Part Time Mariner
September 1, 2014, 7:20am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +2
Wheres the Second half. Can't find it anywhere on Mariners Player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 1, 2014, 7:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from bobbyturtle

Couldn't agree more

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
oldludensian
September 1, 2014, 8:36am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
The first was for persistent back chat, so what you saw on Mariners Player didn't represent he'd been nibbling at the ref prior to then. From where I was stood I didn't have a clear view of the second yellow and MP is a fairly shite standard but it actually looked like he had his right arm across the player - that would've been another yellow but the whole thing could have been avoided if he'd kept his trap shut previously, as should Pearson and McKeown as has been stated on other threads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
September 1, 2014, 8:43am
Guest User
Nibbling away at some refs does pay dividends though. In Sunday league at least, you get to know which ref will let you get away with certain challenges, who will wilt under a bit of verbal pressure and who won't take any nonsense at all. Not exactly dark arts but we are often talking fine margins.
Reply: 5 - 22
barralad
September 1, 2014, 8:49am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from oldludensian
The first was for persistent back chat, so what you saw on Mariners Player didn't represent he'd been nibbling at the ref prior to then. From where I was stood I didn't have a clear view of the second yellow and MP is a fairly shite standard but it actually looked like he had his right arm across the player - that would've been another yellow but the whole thing could have been avoided if he'd kept his trap shut previously, as should Pearson and McKeown as has been stated on other threads.

I thought it had been confirmed that the first was for persistent infringements....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
chrissy
September 1, 2014, 9:02am

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
The problem with refs at this level is they are very inconsistent,

If they booked every player for doing what John Lewis was doing during his short time on the pitch,

He would end up booking everybody thus finishing the match early because of the lack of players left on the pitch.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
bradzmilne
September 1, 2014, 9:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Regardless of what the first yellow was for as we can argue that until the cows come home. The second was mental behaviour, the shop must of ran 20 yards? and knocked/pushed/tickled someone over. It can't have been much more than 5 minutes after his first yellow. For me if you do that you're asking for trouble. The interesting thing was though, Hursty seemed to be telling the shop to go win the ball from deep about 30 seconds before he walked. On a completely seperate note though, i think that JPP will scored 20+ goals this year if he stays fit - looks a class act

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
MuddyWaters
September 1, 2014, 10:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from bradzmilne
Regardless of what the first yellow was for as we can argue that until the cows come home. The second was mental behaviour, the shop must of ran 20 yards? and knocked/pushed/tickled someone over. It can't have been much more than 5 minutes after his first yellow. For me if you do that you're asking for trouble. The interesting thing was though, Hursty seemed to be telling the shop to go win the ball from deep about 30 seconds before he walked. On a completely seperate note though, i think that JPP will scored 20+ goals this year if he stays fit - looks a class act

Just showed very poor judgment for me. If a ref books you for backchat then you've already got his back up - there's no need to give him the opportunity to show you a second yellow and then, ultimately, change the course of the game causing three dropped points.

Andy Scott, in interview, says that Town are bossing the game and the sending off changes that. PH and Lennie know what the standard of refereeing is like in this league, why do we shoot ourselves in the foot? LJL has played over 200 professional games, doesn't he realise that 10 men don't win very often?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sending off on Mariners Player

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.