September 2, 2014, 10:12am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
September 2, 2014, 10:12am
Guest User
Confirmed, he's been recalled.

He's done well for us but perhaps this will lead to a chance to move Nsalia over to his best position and will give Paul Walker or Paul Bignot a chance against Welling. It will also help our own players develop by giving them game time. Not being disrespectful but you'd want to put a young lad like Walker in against a side like Welling, at home. Personally, I don't rate Bignot.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....74-detail/story.html
Reply: 11 - 42
Hagrid
September 2, 2014, 10:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 527
gutted really like boyce
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
Maringer
September 2, 2014, 10:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,405
Gold Stars: 184
I'm happy to see Nsiala move to the centre as I'm not convinced he's good enough at right-back. I think Bignot is a perfectly competent performer so I reckon he'll start next game with Walker perhaps on the bench.

A pity about losing Boyce, who I rate as a defender, but that's the way things go. Deputy Doig will be finding himself back on the bench as cover now, I expect. On the other hand, as Magnay can cover a centre-half in case of injury, Doig could perhaps be left out with Walker and possibly Winfarrah there to cover the full-backs positions. As Welling are expected to be one of the weaker teams, this would perhaps give us another attacking space on the bench on Saturday.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
Garth
September 2, 2014, 10:30am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Good commanding player in this league, but we move on with adequate replacements
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
jimgtfc
September 2, 2014, 10:33am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
In a strange sort of way I'm not disappointed, I'm actually pleased that we're going to see Toto in his natural position. I think we've got a real player there and to see him play right back seemed a bit of a waste although he played well there. I liked Boyce but he wasn't our player and I'd be happy going forward with a Pearson Toto partnership and either Bignot or Walker at full back until Aswad is back at left back with Magnay switching to right back.  

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
Grimal
September 2, 2014, 10:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,857
Gold Stars: 9
Sorry to see him go back to Scunny,It's a good job we have cover in that department. Would be nice to see him here again soon but on a permanent move. He's been an excellent loan signing on both his stints at our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
cmackenzie4
September 2, 2014, 10:36am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
I like Boyce, just hope with him going it doesn't interrupt the team to much, we don't seem to be having much luck at the minute.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
BottesfordMariner
September 2, 2014, 10:37am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
on the OS now.

Would have been great to keep him as he's proved in both his spells here what a good player he is. Tbh i think he is as good as some the the players the Iron have. Scunny are within their rights to recall if they have injuries- wouldnt you expect us to do the same in the circumstances. Knowing our luck he will get in their side and impress and stay there (like Pond did)

That said i think we have enough numbers at the back to cover.

RB Walker, Magnay, Bignot, Nsiala
LB Magnay, Winfarrah (Thomas to come back)
CB Pearson, Nsiala, Doig, Humble

Will PH want to bring someone else in? I would think not unless we get injuries/suspensions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
Garth
September 2, 2014, 10:37am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Do you think he was homesick?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andrew Boyce

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.