Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 360 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 8,450 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 13, 2014, 5:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
They looked a top four side. We looked a mediocre mid table side. We let them waltz into a 2-0 lead and they controlled the game from there. We had 2 or 3 chances but as usual, squandered them all.

On todays showing, we are a nothing side going nowhere and i hope that bucket of ice going over Hursts head contains his P45.
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
September 13, 2014, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Really, really disappointing, and sadly all too predictable. We are pathetic.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
Chrisblor
September 13, 2014, 5:27pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
I didn't think Torquay were THAT good. Both goals came through awful defending on our part and they didn't test McKeown too much otherwise. LJL & (the anonymous) Hannah both missed very good chances in the second half.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
Jarmo.Is.God
September 13, 2014, 5:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Magnay was the only bright spark today, very good player, despite everyone up neilsons and Brown's backside, they was both useless today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
jonnyboy82
September 13, 2014, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Again we take 45 minutes to start a game which is something has been around since paul has been here.

we sit 14th in the league and again it just seems to be high then low we never seem to be able to show we mean business and I don't get the impression paul believes we mean business either.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
Garth
September 13, 2014, 5:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Too upset to comment on that display, change the Ice bucket for a p1ss bucket
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
September 13, 2014, 5:36pm
Guest User
We all knew that we needed a striker and we could not rely on Lenny Ross and Pitman as they were all not going to score enough goals to mount a challenge. Neil Aspin please
Reply: 6 - 43
Tangerine Chris
September 13, 2014, 5:37pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
After that performance, it is very hard to take any positives from the game.  I hope Hurst dips into the loan market and very quickly.

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
jimgtfc
September 13, 2014, 5:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Only one team wanted the win today. Credit to Torquay, they looked a very good side, their winger (ajala?) and their centre forwards were superb and caused our back 4 no end of problems. Their midfield dominated ours and knew when to press on and when to drop off. Their back 4 stifled any attacks we produced and their keeper pulled off a worldy  to deny toto, would have been interesting had that gone in.

As for us, well...

Thought either McKeown or toto could have done more for the first goal, seemed to leave to each other. Pearson didn't look his usual self, missed the odd header and tackle. I've never had much faith in Bignot, never does much wrong but we'll look better with Magnay back at rb, who I though was the correct shout for mom. Good defensively and offers a threat going forward. Central midfield was awful today. Worst game I've seen brown have, showed no composure on ball and looked to be trying to hard at times if that makes sense. Neilson and Paddy at least tried to create things to little avail mainly due to a poor final ball. Lennie worked hard as usual but carried little threat.

Last point, I actually feel like I contributed more to the game today than Craig Disley and Ross Hannah did combined

UTM

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
Tinymariner
September 13, 2014, 5:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I said it before the Lincoln game but why change a winning side. Disley does not fit into this side. We were playing good passing football with Neilson running riot in front of a good pairing of Brown and Clay.
This is not good enough and now we definitely need some reinforcements.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.