cod_head_doug
September 17, 2014, 10:09pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from kingster72

Yes the 456 die hards applauded the manager off the pitch, but stick with Hurst and they'll be just 456 at BP soon. 3 wins out of 10 is not good enough, a draw when we've put in a good display is not enough.  The difference between winning does not rely on injured players coming back, or loanees coming in, but Hurst going out!

I disagree, if Paul Hurst is such a bad manager answer me this, how did we manage the two great victories over Gateshead and Alfreton ?
With the limited squad available last night it was a good point and was nearly three. On the other hand we could have lost it, such are the fine margins between victory and defeat. I too am disappointed that we are not at the top of league, but I am a realist, so far this season we have seen the highs with the two great victories with a full squad to choose from and the lows, drawing with dover, etc with a depleted squad. I hope you were at Halifax to see the effort and commitment from the players, it will come good, just keep the faith

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 102
Stevie Saunders
September 17, 2014, 10:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
I don't know if it was this thread where someone referred to posters who get excited when we win as 'smug twa*s' but I find that really offensive and typical of some of the ignorant and disrespectful attitude from a few regulars.
No doubt the response will be "it's a forum mate and I'm entitled to my opinion" and I agree - but there is no reason to be so vitriolic and abusive.
95% of the time my cup is half full with Hurst, GTFC and sticking with the team through thick and thin; two play off places, a Wembley visit in past two seasons is above par in my book.
I admit my patience has been tested in the past few games and I have begun to doubt if we are going to do the business this year (the business being play offs minimum) and have 100% respect for those who want Hurst to be sacked as long as it's well thought out, rational and presents a good argument.
But to slag posters off as 'smug twa*s' when they come on Fishy to express their pleasure at a good point gained at one of the top teams in Conference - the league (or 'hell hole' as it is so calmly referred to), we play in cos we have been 'like a pub team' for several seasons (if that's the language you want) - then that is bang out of order.
The poster who made a derisory comment about 456 people who went last night being 'the number at BP if things continue' is not only similar to the ranting of a right-wing nutjob but also a complete slap in the face to those loyal, devoted fans who made the journey to watch a team who needs all the support it can get.

Before anyone starts... I'm not in tears as I write this, don't have a dummy to spit out, couldn't care less if someone accuses me of wearing rose-tinted glasses, won't be leaving the Fishy if I get criticised, and will be looking forward to Saturday and (dare I say it) three points at Kiddy

Perhaps some posters are incapable of being rational and respective - it's a shame cos it's the club we all love (I think?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 102
chaos33
September 17, 2014, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from cannylad68
To gain promotion from any league, you have to win away games against the top teams in the league.
Whilst due to circumstances, last night was a good result, statistics say that we need 3 points from these games.

That may be so, but I'll tell you what you need more than that for promotion - to win your f***ing home games. We've already lost our unbeaten status in less than a month and have failed to beat either of two lesser sides in Nuneaton and Dover. That's much more of a fundamental flaw IMO. For instance, it's no good turning over Barnet or Wrexham at their place if you're then going to lose to Telford, Southport and Altrincham, and draw with Dover and Dartford etc. More than anything, for me, we need to be winning all, or nearly all of our home games and improving significantly on last season, and starting in 2 weeks against Chester. Takes immense pressure off you away, and you'd be surprised how the 'on the road' results crop up positive when you're not under so much pressure.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 102
jonnyboy82
September 17, 2014, 10:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from cod_head_doug

I disagree, if Paul Hurst is such a bad manager answer me this, how did we manage the two great victories over Gateshead and Alfreton ?
With the limited squad available last night it was a good point and was nearly three. On the other hand we could have lost it, such are the fine margins between victory and defeat. I too am disappointed that we are not at the top of league, but I am a realist, so far this season we have seen the highs with the two great victories with a full squad to choose from and the lows, drawing with dover, etc with a depleted squad. I hope you were at Halifax to see the effort and commitment from the players, it will come good, just keep the faith

if paul is such a good manager answer me this.....

Why are we still in this league !!

I am still waiting for it to come good nearly 4 years later.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 102
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2014, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from cod_head_doug

Whoopie! We got a point at part time Halifax! We are the club that punched above its weight at Championship level not so long ago, yet now we are happy if we get an away point from mid table 3 leagues lower. As previous, I get no pleasure from defeat, I just want to see progress from our lowest ebb, yet I see none, a reduced budget yet still 3000 loyal fans propping up a club with over 3 million debt, benign or otherwise.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 102
Stevie Saunders
September 17, 2014, 10:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Dear Old Codger

Whoopie! We got a point at part time Halifax!
Yes, a club higher than us and in the same league

We are the club that punched above its weight at Championship level not so long ago
Yes, but we don't now

Yet now we are happy if we get an away point from mid table 3 leagues lower.
Yes, a club higher than us and in the same league

As previous, I get no pleasure from defeat
Really?

I just want to see progress from our lowest ebb
Agree

Yet I see none
Not strictly true - two play off spots and a Wembley final

A reduced budget yet still 3000 loyal fans propping up a club with over 3 million debt, benign or otherwise.
Remarkable isn't it that these loyal fans support their club so passionately and GTFC hasn’t gone the way of Darlington, Rushden etc despite not being able to attract investment and still remaining remarkably competitive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 102
TAGG
September 17, 2014, 10:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from barralad

I suggest you listen next time we win....such is the fickleness of "some" fans.

Do we have any Poles on here?

I do listen win lose or draw.
It would be good if the Trust guys start listening and putting forward the concerns of the majority of the fans.  
It may be that I dont get in or around the Directors box every game that I don't hear a good word to be said about Hurst
Hurst will never get this club promoted.

Send me some lines for the typo  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 102
friskneymariner
September 17, 2014, 11:05pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
My mates missus is Lithuanian thats near Poland.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 102
oldun
September 18, 2014, 7:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475

Why didn't they want to come? Why is this forward thinking and ambitious club not incredibly attractive to players who can't get a game where they are?

That's a fair question and I don't know the answer, but those at the club will know and I am sure they did their best to sign PH's targets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 102
oldun
September 18, 2014, 7:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475

Why didn't they want to come? Why is this forward thinking and ambitious club not incredibly attractive to players who can't get a game where they are?

That's a fair question and I don't know the answer, but those at the club will know and I am sure they did their best to sign PH's targets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done players and gaffer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.