September 21, 2014, 9:22am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from chicaneuk
Also think Sean Pearson was lucky early in the game when he bought down Styche with a clumsy and deliberate foul when Styche was making a run on goal. I think some referees might have red carded that, but as this ref was so utterly useless (and for once, to our benefit) he completely missed it. Did rather sour the mood after as Styche then nearly got into a punch up with Macca (they were both face to face in the goal mouth at one point, and had each other by the throats) and various other incidents before being loudly booed off by us when he was subbed towards the end of the second half

It was a tactic to unsettle the town players, bit like Brodie and what he'll do when he comes.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 67
Hagrid
September 21, 2014, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 507
Grimsby were a very decent side, they controlled the game for long periods and in their number 22 - they had the best player on the park.      Comment from kiddys forum
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 67
Maringer
September 21, 2014, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
A decent performance at the back from Toto, then? That's good to hear after his recent dodginess in defence!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 67
MeanwoodMariner
September 21, 2014, 10:10am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from aldi_01

Sadly there seems to be an ever growing amount of balderdash being soured by some fans who simply don't want hurst.

This has reached new levels this week. Some posters even said they would rather have lost, or at least had mixed feelings about the win, because it means Hurst won't get sacked! Simply staggering. Particularly when you consider that there has been no indication that the board are even close to pulling the trigger. We have clearly dropped more points than we would have wished but we're by no means out of the promotion shake up and given Hurst's superb track record over several years (at several clubs) of getting his teams in to the top 5 I wouldn't back against him doing it again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 67
September 21, 2014, 10:15am
Guest User
Toto now on 4 yellows. If he gets another one before Christmas then he will get a 1 match ban.
Reply: 14 - 67
MuddyWaters
September 21, 2014, 10:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

This has reached new levels this week. Some posters even said they would rather have lost, or at least had mixed feelings about the win, because it means Hurst won't get sacked! Simply staggering. Particularly when you consider that there has been no indication that the board are even close to pulling the trigger. We have clearly dropped more points than we would have wished but we're by no means out of the promotion shake up and given Hurst's superb track record over several years (at several clubs) of getting his teams in to the top 5 I wouldn't back against him doing it again.

He's only ever managed solo at Grimsby Town and we are the only club he's managed solo or otherwise at this level. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to prove me wrong but I simply don't believe he has the nous or the charisma (to attract a decent striker) to get us out this league.

More than that, I am extremely concerned about how long GTFC remains financially sustainable (at Blundell Park) as long as we stay in the Conference.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 67
Tangerine Chris
September 21, 2014, 10:36am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Toto is on 5 yellows, so a ban is imminent

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 67
highcliff mariner
September 21, 2014, 10:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
One shot on target, one goal. I think luck was on our side today. We have to get better sooner rather than later.

Some may feel ,and i am one , that we have been  unlucky in lots of ways ,including the injuries, this season . I  could  not  get there ,or near a commentary yesterday , but when tondour interrupted the mudrats commentary  , as i headed homewards on the M62 to tell us Town was one up , i punched the air. Now if we rode our luck a little i dont know .Three points at Kidddy will do for me
I thought myself that the time for PH to go (if we was to get another in)  was after the playoffs , After the excrement hes had off some of us so far this season i'm starting to warm to him.
UTM
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 67
MeanwoodMariner
September 21, 2014, 10:41am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He's only ever managed solo at Grimsby Town and we are the only club he's managed solo or otherwise at this level. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to prove me wrong but I simply don't believe he has the nous or the charisma (to attract a decent striker) to get us out this league.

More than that, I am extremely concerned about how long GTFC remains financially sustainable (at Blundell Park) as long as we stay in the Conference.

I've no problem with people having doubts about him, it's the people willing him to fail that annoy me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 67
GyMariner
September 21, 2014, 10:43am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +681
Gold Stars: 7
When do the MP highlights go up

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.