7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
September 21, 2014, 12:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +681
Gold Stars: 131
Same here. Wanting town to loose is wrong,, i dont like Hurst , he will not get us out of this league, and will also be an also ran. we need someone to get us out this league, and he is not the man to do this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 67
MyDogsThoughts
September 21, 2014, 12:32pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
My first game of the season yesterday: thought we tried to play football and on the ground, looking good until we got towards their penalty area where we seemed to over elaborate or make to wrong pass. We went a little more direct when young Oates came on and Kidderminster were not ready for that, or expecting it. Kidder played high balls all game and gave us an aerial bombardment at times with some very tall guys all over the pitch. Good result with some fine defending and a well taken goal by the keen, awkward and strong Oates. Midfield ran their socks off and we controlled the game for long periods, an all round good performance. Obviously my first look at quite a few players and unfair of me to pick up anyone from just one game or part of one, none of them looked poor though: first home game next Saturday for me, looking forward to it.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 67
MeanwoodMariner
September 21, 2014, 12:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from TAGG

Can't read all posts but only seen one wanting Town to lose.
You may be happy with a top 5 finish but I and a lot of others aren't. We need a Manager in who looks to win the league outright not like Husts who is satisfied with the lottery of the playoffs and thinks that success.

Sick of this nonsense. Hurst is trying to win the league and I would fuccking love us to win the league. I have the club badge tattooed on my arm and crave league football just as much as anyone else. But it is wilful ignorance to not recognise that there are at least 5 other sides competing for top spot, several of which have bigger budgets than us and have more advantageous geographical locations. We should absolutely be challenging with them for promotion. But on what basis do you demand that we win it and consider anything else failure? Budget? Attendances? Bristol Rovers kick our bottom on both counts. Don't try to paint me as someone who cares less or doesn't mind if we lose in the playoffs. I am as passionate as any other Town fan but I will not apologise for the fact that I am capable of taking in to account more factors than just how much I hate being out of the league. UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 67
Theimperialcoroner
September 21, 2014, 12:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,134
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from mariner91
4 bookings already seems excessive even for a centre back.

Depends how many tackles you make Matt, that's a normal amount of bookings for a Pointon CB.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 67
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 21, 2014, 12:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

This has reached new levels this week. Some posters even said they would rather have lost, or at least had mixed feelings about the win, because it means Hurst won't get sacked! Simply staggering. Particularly when you consider that there has been no indication that the board are even close to pulling the trigger. We have clearly dropped more points than we would have wished but we're by no means out of the promotion shake up and given Hurst's superb track record over several years (at several clubs) of getting his teams in to the top 5 I wouldn't back against him doing it again.

I believe one person said they would have preferred a loss. Personally I am delighted we got 3 points but that does not stop me from believing PH is not the great manager some people think. He has had one season with a very decent budget so a play off place was the least that he should have achieved but the side never was strong enough or well organised enough to go further.

To his credit Hurst re-jigged the squad this season and has signed some reasonable players. Once again he has had a pretty good budget to work with. He has had bad luck with injuries but nevertheless we are a mid-table side that has just fluked a game we could just as easily have lost over another mid-table side with a much smaller budget. Those are the relevant facts.

To go on from this win to say Hurst is the THE man to take us forward is a foolish step in my view because he is responsible for the play and the players that have put us where we are. Nobody else did. Nobody else failed to finish off the squad with a proper striker. Nobody else plays around with team selection but waits forever to change tactics during a game. If we go up I will be over the proverbial and more than happy to give PH the praise. Until that happens I will express my doubts about his ability to manage a promotion team.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 67
BIGChris
September 21, 2014, 12:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from mariner tommy

He is on five, he got yellows against-
Gateshead, Alfreton, Aldershot, Halifax and Kiddy.

UTM

Toto was not cautioned at Aldershot.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....29-detail/story.html
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 67
barralad
September 21, 2014, 1:13pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from BIGChris

About time we heard from you.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 67
MrsMariner
September 21, 2014, 1:27pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1739
Toto now on 4 yellows. If he gets another one before Christmas then he will get a 1 match ban.

That's being optimistic the rate he's going he'll have 10 bookings by Christmas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 67
Stevie Saunders
September 21, 2014, 1:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Football is all about winning - end of!
We had only shot on target and scored
We had 15 shots and 7 on target and lost 2-0 to Torquay

Doesn't make sense really, other than luck play a huge part in any sport

I would NEVER want us to lose so a manager is under even more pressure but up until the goal I was listening to (and the stats would bear this out) another disjointed, fractured, unconvincing Town display.
As such I was as fed up as many Fishy posters and wondering if we were just not able to 'click' this season and whether we will 'click' under PH... I seriously believe this squad is stronger than last season.

and then Mr Oates strikes and we all feel happy...bloody football as Mr Ferguson once said

I would still plead with PH to
1) Start thinking about the problems we can cause oppostion - ditch 4-5-1 bo*locks as it doesn't suit us
2) Drum into the players how sh*t we are at set piece delivery - it has to improve cos it's a huge source of goals in lower league footy
3) Free Neillson up every game so he picks ball up in dangerous areas and not in cul de sacs on the wings

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 67
moosey_club
September 21, 2014, 2:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,180
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from forza ivano
Fair assessment by barra.be interested to see the goal again.did Oates drop his shoulder and 'do' gowling ? Coz certainly gowling for the first time in the match was left floundering and it was a very very good turn n finish. The difference between the teams? We scored from our one moment of quality whilst gash missed john lewis style after their moment of brilliance from the impressive thompson

Nowhere near the team and he still gets a bashing... ...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.