Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from arryarryarry
"Good luck to Rhys Oates.

Bad luck to Grimsby Town.

I hope the lad scores a bucketful of goals, but that Grimsby lose every single game he plays in. And the ones he doesn't play in, too.

I won't forget being chased around Cleethorpes when I was 15 years old. VVankers. First-ever away game, too."

Comment on 'tarks board

i dont agree with fighting at football, but that last comment is hilarious !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
grimsby pete
September 22, 2014, 4:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from arryarryarry
"Good luck to Rhys Oates.

Bad luck to Grimsby Town.

I hope the lad scores a bucketful of goals, but that Grimsby lose every single game he plays in. And the ones he doesn't play in, too.

I won't forget being chased around Cleethorpes when I was 15 years old. VVankers. First-ever away game, too."

Comment on 'tarks board

Only a few male masturbators !!!!!

I am sure Barnsley have got one or two at least.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
MeanwoodMariner
September 22, 2014, 7:18pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete

Only a few male masturbators !!!!!

I am sure Barnsley have got one or two at least.

They certainly have. I remember being 13 or 14 and we beat Barnsley 1-0. Coming out the ground a fat Barnsley fan in his 40s walking past the other way grabbed me by the throat and dumped me on the floor. Terrifying moment for a kid. I hope that guy is dead but I'm not dumb enough to believe he was representative of all their fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
mariner tommy
September 22, 2014, 7:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Les Brechin
It was the power with which he hit the shot that really made that goal. It was past the keeper before he could dive. If he hit it any softer then I reckon the keeper would probably have saved it. I'd love to know how fast that ball was traveling when it left his boot.

I have measured it with a stopwatch five times, and my average time for five measurements was 0.45 sec from when kicked to entering the goal.
If you count it as being almost on the penalty area line then it travelled 18 yards in 0.45 seconds.
That equates to 81.82 mph.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
grimsby pete
September 22, 2014, 8:12pm

Exile
Quoted from mariner tommy

I have measured it with a stopwatch five times, and my average time for five measurements was 0.45 sec from when kicked to entering the goal.
If you count it as being almost on the penalty area line then it travelled 18 yards in 0.45 seconds.

UTM

You can not just use a stopwatch Tom,

To get an accurate speed you have to take into consideration all  of the following,

Altitude of the ground

Wind Speed  + or -

Curvature of the earth

Was the film you was looking in HD or not,

It's not as easy as you think mate.  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
mariner tommy
September 22, 2014, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Cheers Pete, I'll bear that in mind !!

But in this instance it's near enough for me.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
grimsby pete
September 22, 2014, 8:18pm

Exile
Quoted from mariner tommy
Cheers Pete, I'll bear that in mind !!

But in this instance it's near enough for me.

UTM

Near enough is not good enough Tom,

It's got to be spot on.  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
mariner tommy
September 22, 2014, 8:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Story of my life Pete !!

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
lee65
September 22, 2014, 8:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
[quote=91691]

Watched MoTD 2 last night, and they were showing some "bullet" shots, and a couple by Henry and Shearer were high 70's mph, so you are definitely in the right ball park Tommy in my view

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
mariner tommy
September 22, 2014, 9:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from lee65
[quote=91691]

Watched MoTD 2 last night, and they were showing some "bullet" shots, and a couple by Henry and Shearer were high 70's mph, so you are definitely in the right ball park Tommy in my view

Thanks Lee
Not suggesting it's spot on, but somewhere close
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rhys Oates

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.