This thread currently has 5,055 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GorgeousGeorge
September 30, 2014, 10:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
Hopefully I haven't earnt the badge of serial moaner, I do try and keep things constructive and avoid knee jerks?  A quarter of the season gone and we are still as hit and miss as we were the same time last year.  In my opinion we have the players to be looking down on the rest of this league, we certainly have the support and despite its relic status we have the stadium.  We are where we are (sorry for the business cliche), again in my opinion, because we don't have the right person at the helm to get the consistent performance out of a very good set of parts.

I don't bankroll the club any more than Joe average supporter, I have no real concept of how to run a successful football club and I certainly don't have the funds to support yet another managerial failures sacking.  You do John but my question is this, have you got the appetite?

I'm not going to spit the dummy and declare that I'll never set foot in BP again, I won't hurl abuse at Mr Hurst, all I'm going to do is carry on supporting my club in spite of my feelings that we can do better, much better.  I live in hope that the person with the financial resource to recruit the right person to deliver the success that his investment and commitment deserves, can do exactly that.

John, we're better than this.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
September 30, 2014, 10:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Agree, time to trade in the flash car for a flash manager John.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
OneLove
September 30, 2014, 10:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
amen!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
jonnyboy82
September 30, 2014, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge
Hopefully I haven't earnt the badge of serial moaner, I do try and keep things constructive and avoid knee jerks?  A quarter of the season gone and we are still as hit and miss as we were the same time last year.  In my opinion we have the players to be looking down on the rest of this league, we certainly have the support and despite its relic status we have the stadium.  We are where we are (sorry for the business cliche), again in my opinion, because we don't have the right person at the helm to get the consistent performance out of a very good set of parts.

I don't bankroll the club any more than Joe average supporter, I have no real concept of how to run a successful football club and I certainly don't have the funds to support yet another managerial failures sacking.  You do John but my question is this, have you got the appetite?

I'm not going to spit the dummy and declare that I'll never set foot in BP again, I won't hurl abuse at Mr Hurst, all I'm going to do is carry on supporting my club in spite of my feelings that we can do better, much better.  I live in hope that the person with the financial resource to recruit the right person to deliver the success that his investment and commitment deserves, can do exactly that.

John, we're better than this.

UTM

excellent post..

Well put and at the end of the day we all want success.

John has got to show his intent and im afraid its time for him to do something about our very inconsistant season.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
grimsby pete
September 30, 2014, 10:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I love my club and I will always support them,

I will be at Dartford cheering them on,

BUT

Have we the right man to take us out of this league,

Well the results tell me we are a good team but not a promotion team,

What do you want Mr Fenty, a conference team or a league team.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
September 30, 2014, 10:47pm
Guest User
Surely the trust is the voice of the fans and has a say on matters about the football club and that the overwhelming majority all believe that a change of manager is for the best?
Reply: 5 - 45
barralad
September 30, 2014, 10:51pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 1739
Surely the trust is the voice of the fans and has a say on matters about the football club and that the overwhelming majority all believe that a change of manager is for the best?

Really?.......

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
ackomariner
September 30, 2014, 10:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
See you've got the Red Cross brigade after you Johnny  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
September 30, 2014, 10:52pm
Guest User
Hurst talked about the play-offs as an aim. I am sorry but when we have a better budget than 4 of the 5 teams in the top 5 and we are aiming for the play-offs then there is something up. Maybe my ambitions are being set to high of hoping for the football league and we should be happy with conference football and the occasional cup run.
Reply: 8 - 45
MuddyWaters
September 30, 2014, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from barralad

Really?.......

Surely there are no positives from tonight? So many games last season, 4 already this, same tactics from moderate opposition to stifle and rob.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I think it's time now John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.