Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
The fact is we have played 13 games,

WON 5   DRAWN 4   LOST  4

We are 13th in the league,

Will we get promoted,?

You do the maths, I am going to bed.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
October 1, 2014, 12:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from grimsby pete

Will we get promoted,?

Depends how well we do in the remaining 33 games!  

I think the play-offs should be achievable though disappointing not to take a point tonight, regardless of how rubbish we were.

As Hurst mentioned in his interview, you need to get something out of games where you play poorly and this was another where a point was dropped. Weren't playing nearly well enough to get a win but a draw should have been achievable.

That said, many more performances like tonight and I think we can start waving goodbye to any chance of promotion this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
DocTower
October 1, 2014, 3:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Fact , we had a good crowd last night , how many will be there next Tuesday ?  
I turned  up expecting something better than what was served up . Will I risk it ? I don't know yet , maybe after a day or two I will decide . Too many false dawns , living on hope . Forget those 2 freak results which keep getting brought up , papering over the cracks . We need renovation of some magnitude .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
Maringer
October 1, 2014, 3:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I'm a season ticket holder so I've got no choice. I'll just keep on going in the hope that we can't possibly be that awful twice in one season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
Garth
October 1, 2014, 4:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from 43[b
]I'm a season ticket holder so I've got no choice.[/b] I'll just keep on going in the hope that we can't possibly be that awful twice in one season.

Same here, but until we get some reinforcements in to help our cause up front and out wide left we are going to just tick over inconsistently i`m afraid with possible falling gate receipts, and thats the time it will get sticky
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
RonMariner
October 1, 2014, 4:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,011
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Maringer

As Hurst mentioned in his interview, you need to get something out of games where you play poorly .

Or better still, stop playing poorly so often..................
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
Maringer
October 1, 2014, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

Or better still, stop playing poorly so often..................

Well, duh!

In other breaking news, I understand that football managers are telling their players to try and score as many goals as possible and are trying to get their defenders and keepers to keep clean sheets as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
grimsby pete
October 1, 2014, 11:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I do not think our result at Dartford will effect the gate next Tuesday,

If we lose a lot will say I am not paying to see that rubbish again,

If we win they will say, Flash in the pan , I am not paying to see that rubbish again,

We need to win 4 or 5 games on the trot before we get anything like 4,000 for a home game,

Apart from Lincoln of course.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
Maringer
October 1, 2014, 11:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
We'll not get anything like 4,000 for a home game (other than a derby) regardless.

Just looked at the results from the middle of the 2011/12 season when we were unbeaten in months and hanging around the top of the table, and we were only attracting the same number of fans as we did for the Welling game the other week. Just a few hundred more than last night, even.

I don't think even plenty of victories and scoring goals makes all that much difference to the attendance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
petethemariner
October 2, 2014, 12:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
There is a degree of truth in that Maringer, but isn't it true that we need a gate
in the region of 3500 just to break even? If things continue at home as they have
we will be well short of that, with the financial consequences that follow.
I know us old enough to remember go on about it, but i can remember when Lawrie Mac
took over the club - we averaged something like 2500, he captured the imagination of the
public and there were regular gate in excess of 10,000, often 15000 - i'm not suggesting
for one moment we could go that far but with the right man in charge who instills hope
we could easily achieve  4000 IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.