Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don't know if you still visit John, but......
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 370 Guests

Don't know if you still visit John, but......

This thread currently has 4,654 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 2:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
If you do ever pass this way, I can assure that the levels of frustration amongst the BP faithful are as high as I've ever known. I sat in an area that is not my normal area last night and to me the most damning quote I heard was 'We've stopped looking like a League club in the Conference, we look like we'll be here forever'.

Two things that struck me from that were, one, that it hit the nail on the head and two, that a new stadium is pointless. Performances like that are not a new phenomenon - many games last season relied on hit and hope to LJL and hope that we get lucky. It wasn't that we didn't know the opposition either. We all know that Clayton has the turning circle of a multi thousand ton oil tanker yet we never exploited it.

It was my first game of the season last night but those around me said we'd only really performed against Alfreton and Chester. Well sorry, if you want to get of this league, games against Southport, Nuneaton and Dover are 'must-win' - nothing less. The sort of games that were a given for the likes of Luton last season, Mansfield the season previous etc.

What does the manager do at half-time? I know it's a leading question but everyone around me could see that it needed a change, system or personnel or both.

My question to you is this : Do you really believe that Paul Hurst WILL take GTFC back to the league? I don't need to add my opinion, that's clear but there are a large number of fans, full-time/part-time/stay-aways who are getting mighty fed up with the sort of intransigent crap that was served up last night. No-one said promotion back to the league would be easy but it's looking further away than ever, especially with a squad that won't be here in 12 months time, and that's a pretty unpalatable truth.
Private Message
maxfox44
October 1, 2014, 2:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Nothing to add to the above post.  Just a standing ovation!

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
blasty
October 1, 2014, 3:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
Quoted from MuddyWaters
If you do ever pass this way, I can assure that the levels of frustration amongst the BP faithful are as high as I've ever known. I sat in an area that is not my normal area last night and to me the most damning quote I heard was 'We've stopped looking like a League club in the Conference, we look like we'll be here forever'.

Two things that struck me from that were, one, that it hit the nail on the head and two, that a new stadium is pointless. Performances like that are not a new phenomenon - many games last season relied on hit and hope to LJL and hope that we get lucky. It wasn't that we didn't know the opposition either. We all know that Clayton has the turning circle of a multi thousand ton oil tanker yet we never exploited it.

It was my first game of the season last night but those around me said we'd only really performed against Alfreton and Chester. Well sorry, if you want to get of this league, games against Southport, Nuneaton and Dover are 'must-win' - nothing less. The sort of games that were a given for the likes of Luton last season, Mansfield the season previous etc.

What does the manager do at half-time? I know it's a leading question but everyone around me could see that it needed a change, system or personnel or both.

My question to you is this : Do you really believe that Paul Hurst WILL take GTFC back to the league? I don't need to add my opinion, that's clear but there are a large number of fans, full-time/part-time/stay-aways who are getting mighty fed up with the sort of intransigent crap that was served up last night. No-one said promotion back to the league would be easy but it's looking further away than ever, especially with a squad that won't be here in 12 months time, and that's a pretty unpalatable truth.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
grimsby pete
October 1, 2014, 3:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I wish John would come back on here and talk to us,

I bet he is still reading The Fishy but maybe wants to keep his thoughts to himself,

Well John we are not happy , well some of us,

Some are pleased to see us win one lose one because all will turn out alright given time,

How much time does Hurst want,   this season?   next season ?   5 years ?

Please do something John even if it's only a boot up Pauls backside.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
GrimRob
October 1, 2014, 3:32pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Problem is there are too many Dear John threads. The range of views is about as consistent the the GTFC team - world beaters one minute, dross two days later.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 32
carrot top
October 1, 2014, 3:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
The club are lucky that the supporters are still loyal, but I can assure JF that the loyalty will not continue if more pathetic performances like last night are served up. I felt cheated last night by the lack of desire and stubbornness not to change things when everybody around me knew what was wrong. Most clubs in this league would die for having 3K plus gates week in week out

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
kingster72
October 1, 2014, 3:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Surely its time for a Lord Fenty press release asking us all to back the manager and stick with the club he has ruined over the last 10 or so years.  My trust for JF wnet long ago, my faith in PH ended towards the end of last season when he failed.  My team will always be GTFC, but it is so difficult supporting them with so many weak links making endless poor decisions on and off the pitch.  I know of people who have wanted to invest in the club, but will not whilst JF is involved, because of this, we will continue our downward spiral.  I don't just want Hurst out, but Fenty too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 1, 2014, 4:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob
Problem is there are too many Dear John threads. The range of views is about as consistent the the GTFC team - world beaters one minute, dross two days later.

People generally are consistent optimists like you Rob or pessimists like me! You must have noticed though that the number of what might be called blind optimists in the nicest sense has gone downhill this season.

The club needs optimists but before too long they will be an endangered species.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
Garth
October 1, 2014, 4:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from kingster72
Surely its time for a Lord Fenty press release asking us all to back the manager and stick with the club he has ruined over the last 10 or so years.  My trust for JF wnet long ago, my faith in PH ended towards the end of last season when he failed.  My team will always be GTFC, but it is so difficult supporting them with so many weak links making endless poor decisions on and off the pitch. I know of people who have wanted to invest in the club, but will not whilst JF is involved, because of this, we will continue our downward spiral.  I don't just want Hurst out, but Fenty too!

Would be nice if you could just name one or at least their initials
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from GrimRob

There are a growing number of posters on here and a growing number of fans who attend that are unbelievably consistent in either backing or dissing the current manager. Truth is, with our budget, we should beat Welling, Alfreton and Chester, add Nuneaton, Dover and Southport to that list - the only club of our type that we have played dismantled us. That's the truth - and it hurts!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don't know if you still visit John, but......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.