Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I don't think......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 149 Guests

I don't think......

This thread currently has 2,428 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 5:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 233
That I've ever seen a player fall over as much as Lenny. He was either slipping or tripping every time he got near the ball last night and he was so off balance with his shot off the best chance that it was a wonder the ball went in the right direction. Just for balance, I thought Mackreth, Parslow and Hannah were equally poor.
Private Message
gtfc82
October 1, 2014, 5:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
I wondered if the Telegraph's reporter was actually at the match, as he gave Mackreth the MOM. He apparantly "frightened" Southport with his pace! Complete rubbish! Mackreth did what he always does...either get blocked off trying to run down the flank or taking the ball infield and getting nowhere!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 1, 2014, 5:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
" I don't think......"

Oh I wouldn't say that.

Anyway I agree with what you don't think.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
jungleland
October 1, 2014, 5:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
Mom by mile for me was magnay .. Mackreth was garbage was very obvious clay & brown were avoiding passing to him .. As for Lewis falling over well I give up with him   Who really thought when he was one on one with the keeper he would score  not even hurst I bet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
MeanwoodMariner
October 1, 2014, 6:18pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from jungleland
Mom by mile for me was magnay .. Mackreth was garbage was very obvious clay & brown were avoiding passing to him .. As for Lewis falling over well I give up with him   Who really thought when he was one on one with the keeper he would score  not even hurst I bet

It's hard to describe John Tondeur's voice as he commentated on that chance. I don't remember the exact wording but it was something inoffensive along the lines of "John-Lewis has just the keeper to beat. He shoots. The keeper's saved it". But the tone of his voice effectively said, "I guarantee you he won't score this. He shoots. I flipping told you".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
RoboCod
October 1, 2014, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Sounds like the same voice that he uses to say "and there's a break on here...', slightly strained while trying to sound calm, mixed with alarm, exasperation, and the inevitability of following up with a muted "and it's a goal..."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Stevie Saunders
October 1, 2014, 6:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Magnay MOM - great call...I agree

My overwhelming feeling about GTFC is one of complete frustration It was obvious from about 20mins in it was going to be uninspired - we started sloppily and it just got no better

Not crap - box to box we are pretty good - but there is no spark at all around the box

Buckley was brilliant in his summing up - not fast-paced enough which allowed them to get back in numbers; it was like a training match for their defence which is crazy for a team in bottom four, which hadn't scored for 4 games, had six defenders out (allegedly) and hadn't won away for 14 months!!!

95% of our problem is up front and final third

Barnet: Akinde/McDonald
Woking: Rendell (top scorer)
Halifax: Boden
Wrexham: Moult/Jennings/York/Bishop/Holman

GTFC:
LJL - can't hit a cow's a*se...(general play good - but it isn't enough)
Hannah - would he get in any of the above teams?
Oates - on loan and raw
Pittman - injury-prone
Arnold - sicknote

Not rocket science to see what the issue is - is we hadn’t scored 13 goals in 2 matches we'd have scored 11 goals!!

Would think Fenty and board are getting twitchy...unless Hurst's brief is play offs in which case we are only 5pts off with 33 games left....UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
chaos33
October 1, 2014, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from RoboCod
Sounds like the same voice that he uses to say "and there's a break on here...', slightly strained while trying to sound calm, mixed with alarm, exasperation, and the inevitability of following up with a muted "and it's a goal..."

No, he says "and there's the goal". Like it was inevitable. Which, of course, it probably was.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
RoboCod
October 1, 2014, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
That's very true, he does. It's a sad state we are in and have been in for so long that we hear that resigned tone in his voice when the opposition attack so bloody often.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
chaos33
October 1, 2014, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
I know

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I don't think......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.