Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How i feel..(sensible mode)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 365 Guests

How i feel..(sensible mode)

This thread currently has 3,401 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
October 2, 2014, 10:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Are any a bit surprised fenty hasn't pulled the trigger yet ?

We are a big club in this league and were we are at the minute is unacceptable but for me its not just about now its about moving forward with belief and taking us to the league , I just 100% cant see paul hurst even remotely taking us up..

It stems back to us winning 7 games in our last 22 league matches and stumbling again into the playoffs and yet again failing.

If you look closely at it we are inconsistent and the form is no were near playoff form never mind promotion, I just wish john would man up and say it is not acceptable and show he gives a intercourse because I know it will not end up with a positive outcome with paul still in charge by Christmas, yes we might be lingering around 6th or 7th place and dropping up and down a few places here and there but to be honest it will all be to late by then..

We will win two on the bounce then draw two then people will point out its all rosy and we are unbeaten in 4 then it will be doom and gloom when he changes the side and we lose two on the bounce again then draw two, you see its the pattern paul has made and it will unfortunately suck you right in and give you the false hope we all crave and in the end spit you right out.

Im sorry but until changes are made maybe even higher up then I am seriously thinking about just packing it now, I have given thousands of pounds to the club I love with very little expected in return just a bit of happiness here and there, travelled up and down the country so in no way do I feel anymore I owe it to myself to sit back and watch things continue  , I just want that buzz back you know looking forward to a game and that has just gone and it is quite sad, I have given this club my money and optimism while in this hell hole and I just don't think truth be told it deserves it anymore...

I have always supported john in his time because I genuinely believe he loves this club and the decisions he makes he believes are right for us , he has put money in and I have never questioned him as a man and anyone who puts money in like he does who am I to judge but now im getting quite annoyed at the way he thinks doing nothing is right for us, he has been a backer of paul in his time here and there is no shame in showing some fight and saying this is not acceptable.

We cant accept the false hope and the amazing performance which then lead on to a garbage run, yes this is non league and I know we have no right to go up but for god sake were is the fight and the belief from the top which filters down to us the fans,  now I feel like we have kind of accepted it as a club and for me that boils down to the mindset of the manager who is always happy to scrape wins and draws here and there , im sick to death of his negative tactics and negative comments which again filters its way to us.

You may see this as paul hurst bashing but it genuinely is not, its just a fan who is sick and tired of the mindset of the club.

So john PLEASE PLEASE save our season and do something before it is to late.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
October 2, 2014, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from jonnyboy82

We are a big club in this league and were we are at the minute is unacceptable but for me its not just about now its about moving forward with belief and taking us to the league , I just 100% cant see paul hurst even remotely taking us up..

It stems back to us winning 7 games in our last 22 league matches and stumbling again into the playoffs and yet again failing.

If you look closely at it we are inconsistent and the form is no were near playoff form never mind promotion, I just wish john would man up and say it is not acceptable and show he gives a intercourse because I know it will not end up with a positive outcome with paul still in charge by Christmas, yes we might be lingering around 6th or 7th place and dropping up and down a few places here and there but to be honest it will all be to late by then..

We will win two on the bounce then draw two then people will point out its all rosy and we are unbeaten in 4 then it will be doom and gloom when he changes the side and we lose two on the bounce again then draw two, you see its the pattern paul has made and it will unfortunately suck you right in and give you the false hope we all crave and in the end spit you right out.

Im sorry but until changes are made maybe even higher up then I am seriously thinking about just packing it now, I have given thousands of pounds to the club I love with very little expected in return just a bit of happiness here and there, travelled up and down the country so in no way do I feel anymore I owe it to myself to sit back and watch things continue  , I just want that buzz back you know looking forward to a game and that has just gone and it is quite sad, I have given this club my money and optimism while in this hell hole and I just don't think truth be told it deserves it anymore...

I have always supported john in his time because I genuinely believe he loves this club and the decisions he makes he believes are right for us , he has put money in and I have never questioned him as a man and anyone who puts money in like he does who am I to judge but now im getting quite annoyed at the way he thinks doing nothing is right for us, he has been a backer of paul in his time here and there is no shame in showing some fight and saying this is not acceptable.

We cant accept the false hope and the amazing performance which then lead on to a garbage run, yes this is non league and I know we have no right to go up but for god sake were is the fight and the belief from the top which filters down to us the fans,  now I feel like we have kind of accepted it as a club and for me that boils down to the mindset of the manager who is always happy to scrape wins and draws here and there , im sick to death of his negative tactics and negative comments which again filters its way to us.

You may see this as paul hurst bashing but it genuinely is not, its just a fan who is sick and tired of the mindset of the club.

I think it is becoming clear that the club hasn't yet hit the bottom of its downward curve, ghastly as it may seem.

Ive said many times that there simply isn't the nous or drive from the very top to make the most of our status even at this very low level.

Mr. Fenty may have had great plans and ambition when he took it on, but I think he has got comfortable with just keeping us alive. Some may say that is fair enough, but most fans want hope and a sense that we are going to see better days ahead and that feeling just isn't there.

I think the proposed new stadium has scuppered everything; I now wish it had never been mentioned unless all the agreements had been signed and delivered.

I think our best hope is that our better players dig the club out of a hole by going on a long winning run, because I haven't got any faith whatsoever we would even act properly to try to bring the right man in if Hurst ends up being sacked.

For what it is worth, if that did happen and for the reasons above I would go back to Buckley for the remainder of the season - we have some decent players and I think  he would be able to get the best out of them.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
ackomariner
October 2, 2014, 10:54am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
You two sum up exactly how I feel tbh, and Johnny being sensible   never.

The only thing I wouldn't want is what you said in your last paragraph lew. But other than that, sums things and feelings up perfectly for me

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
grimsby pete
October 2, 2014, 10:54am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
When gates drop to below 3,000 for more than 2 games on the trot,

Will be the time John pulls  the trigger,

That could be sooner rather than later,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Rick12
October 2, 2014, 11:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I like Hurst as a man and want him to do well but feel he lacks something in his demeanour to do well here.I know its not all about the passion as managers who have been successful will testify and players as well eg some need a kick up the bum whereas others need a quiet talking to.
      Ultimately  though the club have to take stock at some point of whether the club is where it should be and we are going in the right direction eg way were playing etc etc and in fairness to Hurst has been unlucky this season with injury's for which I sympathise. I want him to be the man that leads us back into the league but my mind says he probably wont be the one(hope he can prove me wrong).

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
DocTower
October 2, 2014, 12:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Hurst has had a very easy ride , fans have not turned on him during the game . You hear calls for him to change a player or system out of frustration but no chants of Hurst out . Is this because we know nothing is going to happen whatever , or we have just got dragged down with the whole set up .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
gtfc98
October 2, 2014, 12:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Sensibly put, but is there really a need for ANOTHER thread on this?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
gtfc98
October 2, 2014, 12:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Sensibly put, but is there really a need for ANOTHER thread on this?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
GrimRob
October 2, 2014, 1:52pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
2 good wins followed by 1 bad defeat. I'd take that pattern all season, it's 2 points a game average - promotion form. I doubt it could be bettered by anyone else available.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 21
Mariners_15
October 2, 2014, 1:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GrimRob
2 good wins followed by 1 bad defeat. I'd take that pattern all season, it's 2 points a game average - promotion form. I doubt it could be bettered by anyone else available.

You really are bordering on a little bit delusional now mate..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How i feel..(sensible mode)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.