3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
October 18, 2014, 7:19pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Just wanted to congratulate the team on an excellent win today. 3 wins (yes, I'm counting Lincoln because I love it when we beat them) in a week and an intriguing FA Cup tie to come.

Well done to the Shop for grabbing the winner and two goals from open play. Does that put him on 6 goals now?

3 points off the play-offs, 9 points off top spot, things are looking up.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
HackneyHaddock
October 18, 2014, 7:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Hear Hear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
wigworld
October 18, 2014, 10:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
7 goals for LJL now, joint seventh highest goal scorer in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 22
KingstonMariner
October 19, 2014, 12:09am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I've given him some stick, but fair play to him today and this week generally.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
October 19, 2014, 12:17am
Guest User
Quoted from wigworld
7 goals for LJL now, joint seventh highest goal scorer in the league.

More than last seasons total league tally. If he could get 12 + then that would be fantastic for a target man.
Reply: 4 - 22
chicaneuk
October 19, 2014, 8:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Agreed. Have to give it to PH and the team. I've been a bit down about town for the last month or two but it's been a great week for the club, the manager, and the players. Just hope we can keep this head of steam now and get ourselves comfortably into the playoffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
BIGChris
October 19, 2014, 8:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Lenny played well but Nsiala, Magney, McKeown, Mackreth Thomas and Disley had good games. Toto defensively was immense but dithered on the ball a few times, Mackreth saw more of the ball and did well and Dizza put in the kind of performance he is capable of but which,imo has been missing this season.
Torquay remain the best opposition i have seen this season. Great support no smoke bombs, friendly home fans but over zealous and heavy handed stewarding with no threat of trouble or violence. Once again the reputation Town got from Burton nearly 5 yrs ago means fans are treated as thugs by would be storm troopers
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Richard Cranium
October 19, 2014, 9:51am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
Quoted from BIGChris
Lenny played well but Nsiala, Magney, McKeown, Mackreth Thomas and Disley had good games. Toto defensively was immense but dithered on the ball a few times, Mackreth saw more of the ball and did well and Dizza put in the kind of performance he is capable of but which,imo has been missing this season.
Torquay remain the best opposition i have seen this season. Great support no smoke bombs, friendly home fans but over zealous and heavy handed stewarding with no threat of trouble or violence. Once again the reputation Town got from Burton nearly 5 yrs ago means fans are treated as thugs by would be storm troopers
Spot on Chris

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
barralad
October 19, 2014, 10:15am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Well as this seems to be the proper "just Back" thread here's my 10 pennorth.

Torquay started really well and could have had three goals in the first 10 minutes (although we too could have scored). Their dead ball delivery (particularly from corners) was excellent all game.
Brown made an incredible reflex stop from a full blooded drive by Bowman (for reflex read "couldn't get out of the way") which earned him a pat on the back from the Torquay striker.
Lennie's first goal was a snap shot which completely surprised their keeper but it took a few seconds for (most of) the Town fans to realise he'd scored.
Torquay's equaliser came from an almost carbon copy of Halifax's goal the other week. The bloke stood next to me asked me why they didn't put the 6 foot plus Doig into the wall instead of the five foot Brown BEFORE the ball went over Brown's head, over the wall and into the net.
Town were though causing far more problems to Torquay attacking-wise and the goal from Disley to restore the lead was a cracker. At pace counter attacking and a great ball in from I think MacReth although anyone with better vision than Mr Magoo can correct me, and Dis's finish was excellent.
Torquay's equaliser came from a deep corner which was headed down and over McKeown with the keeper being somewhat impeded by a defender on the near post.
The winner was pure Lennie-hit first time the poor keeper who must hate his guts couldn't keep it out. No way back for the home side.
Best chant of the game was the Town fans view that the Torquay keeper was man of the match-he had a 'mare.
I didn't see the scuffle but in the interests of fairness the lad was allowed back in and shook hands with the steward.
Best Town player? Difficult to say macca made early crucial saves and a good late punch but must take some responsibility for the wall which failed for their first equaliser. Toto and the ever impressive Magnay stood out at the back. Lennie ran himself into the ground as did Brown. MacReth had his best game in a Town shirt for me and the much maligned Disley put in a shift.
Torquay's bar was very friendly and busy. The whole Town seems to be a bit too genteel for football to be honest....
Great support from the fans-again which the players-particularly Magnay really do appreciate..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Mariner Ronnie
October 19, 2014, 10:45am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from barralad
Well as this seems to be the proper "just Back" thread here's my 10 pennorth.

Torquay started really well and could have had three goals in the first 10 minutes (although we too could have scored). Their dead ball delivery (particularly from corners) was excellent all game.
Brown made an incredible reflex stop from a full blooded drive by Bowman (for reflex read "couldn't get out of the way") which earned him a pat on the back from the Torquay striker.
Lennie's first goal was a snap shot which completely surprised their keeper but it took a few seconds for (most of) the Town fans to realise he'd scored.
Torquay's equaliser came from an almost carbon copy of Halifax's goal the other week. The bloke stood next to me asked me why they didn't put the 6 foot plus Doig into the wall instead of the five foot Brown BEFORE the ball went over Brown's head, over the wall and into the net.
Town were though causing far more problems to Torquay attacking-wise and the goal from Disley to restore the lead was a cracker. At pace counter attacking and a great ball in from I think MacReth although anyone with better vision than Mr Magoo can correct me, and Dis's finish was excellent.
Torquay's equaliser came from a deep corner which was headed down and over McKeown with the keeper being somewhat impeded by a defender on the near post.
The winner was pure Lennie-hit first time the poor keeper who must hate his guts couldn't keep it out. No way back for the home side.
Best chant of the game was the Town fans view that the Torquay keeper was man of the match-he had a 'mare.
I didn't see the scuffle but in the interests of fairness the lad was allowed back in and shook hands with the steward.
Best Town player? Difficult to say macca made early crucial saves and a good late punch but must take some responsibility for the wall which failed for their first equaliser. Toto and the ever impressive Magnay stood out at the back. Lennie ran himself into the ground as did Brown. MacReth had his best game in a Town shirt for me and the much maligned Disley put in a shift.
Torquay's bar was very friendly and busy. The whole Town seems to be a bit too genteel for football to be honest....
Great support from the fans-again which the players-particularly Magnay really do appreciate..

Watch this space, someone will come in for magnay come January at this rate

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Real Just Back Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.