Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 243 Guests

Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!

This thread currently has 8,454 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
October 19, 2014, 11:50am
Guest User
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Completely agree with the storm in a teacup comment.

Understand your "wait to the end of the season" stance but I disagree with it. I think we should absolutely enjoy the individual wins as we go along. I got carried away with the bank holiday euphoria and have no regrets about it despite the drop in form that followed.

You final point about him staying away from the Fishy I am undecided on. I think you may be right but I think that is a sad indictment of the Fishy rather than JF. It's essentially an admission that as a forum we are collectively not mature enough to cope with him being involved. This episode has shown that some fans are so quick to get themselves enraged at the gentlest of ribbings that he probably should leave all of us clowns to squabble among ourselves.

I just think he leaves himself open to misinterpretation, in my opinion a man in his position should stick to prepared statements released via official channels. But if he continues to post occasionally, I won't lose sleep over it.
Reply: 30 - 64
Garth
October 19, 2014, 12:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from chaos33
Look  people are just missing the point. Everybody should post. It's obviously me. I'm ducking out here. I'm off to find a sense of humour.

UTM

Think so in this case mate, he`s as much a fan as  the rest of us,  more so if taking all the sh1t that he does and still cones back for more, cut the guy some slack support the team/management/directors  as I`m sure you do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 64
RichMariner
October 19, 2014, 12:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,133
Gold Stars: 209
Well this is embarrassing.

John has every right to post on here if he so wishes. We can't deny him that. In my personal opinion, if I were the major shareholder of a football club, I'd probably steer clear.

I'm not so much annoyed at the fact he's posted; it's the content of his post, and the way he's said it.

If he was so ecstatic with the win, why couldn't he have just said that? Instead of goading a certain group of fans. We were always told at school to ignore the clown at the back of the class who was always messing around. Starve him/her of attention and they'll soon stop it.

But John's decided to stir it up.

I'm sure he's a nice man, and I truly believe he has the club's best interests at heart, but as a senior figure at the club he really needs some help in knowing when to speak, and what to say when he does.

He also needs to know that 'having a go' at our fans, whether they deserve it or not, is never a good idea. That might seem unfair to him, but by simply talking about how happy he was at yesterday's result, and ignoring the prats that wind him up, he's rising above it.

But he keeps stooping so low, taking pot-shots at them, and that makes him as bad as them.

Rise above it, John. Please.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 32 - 64
Garth
October 19, 2014, 12:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Mariner21
So has my club!!! The issue being a certain john Fenty! The man is a disgrace! Seriously the man is a walking comedy sketch

What ever floats your boat!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 64
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 19, 2014, 12:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
He's achieved what he was after. I suggest we let this thread slide into oblivion until next May.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 64
chaos33
October 19, 2014, 12:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from RichMariner
Well this is embarrassing.

John has every right to post on here if he so wishes. We can't deny him that. In my personal opinion, if I were the major shareholder of a football club, I'd probably steer clear.

I'm not so much annoyed at the fact he's posted; it's the content of his post, and the way he's said it.

If he was so ecstatic with the win, why couldn't he have just said that? Instead of goading a certain group of fans. We were always told at school to ignore the clown at the back of the class who was always messing around. Starve him/her of attention and they'll soon stop it.

But John's decided to stir it up.

I'm sure he's a nice man, and I truly believe he has the club's best interests at heart, but as a senior figure at the club he really needs some help in knowing when to speak, and what to say when he does.

He also needs to know that 'having a go' at our fans, whether they deserve it or not, is never a good idea. That might seem unfair to him, but by simply talking about how happy he was at yesterday's result, and ignoring the prats that wind him up, he's rising above it.

But he keeps stooping so low, taking pot-shots at them, and that makes him as bad as them.

Rise above it, John. Please.

Which is precisely what I mean. That's all.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 64
RoboCod
October 19, 2014, 1:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
He's achieved what he was after. I suggest we let this thread slide into oblivion until next May.

Or until the next couple of defeats, when the negative types get their turn  to play with the ball, and so on..... Dismal thread, can't believe the Fishy has turned to this after such an exceptional win.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 64
grimsby pete
October 19, 2014, 1:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Heading towards 6,000 now John.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 64
chaos33
October 19, 2014, 1:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from RoboCod

Or until the next couple of defeats, when the negative types get their turn  to play with the ball, and so on..... Dismal thread, can't believe the Fishy has turned to this after such an exceptional win.

I know. That's was my other key point. Gonna leave it for a while I think.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 64
GorgeousGeorge
October 19, 2014, 4:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
John Fenty in 'normal behaviour' shock.  Jeez guys, give the man a break.  He can't do right for doing wrong in the eyes of some.  John, if you read this (please bear in mind that I have 'previous' when the amber nectar flows), I for one see nothing wrong with wearing your heart on your sleeve.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.