This thread currently has 6,285 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
October 22, 2014, 8:15pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
I see the Lincolnshire Lakes plan has been given the green light thus enabling Scunthorpe United FC to submit its own plans for a new stadium.
North Lincolnshire Council has granted outline planning permission for the project.
OH how the other half live.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
fleabag1970
October 22, 2014, 8:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
The thing on their side is the ex chairman  & the current Chairman , One owns the land and the other wants nothing but the best for them............................... Now the thing what will be the downfall ........ They don't have the fan base to half fill never mind fill the new stadium , they have only sold out Glumford park once i think?
Also the land Glumford Park stands on has shot up in value due to the new shopping center next door . How long will the Chairman keep funding them that is the question ?

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
Mariner Ronnie
October 22, 2014, 9:06pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
FFS! :/

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
promotion plaice
October 22, 2014, 9:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from fleabag1970
The thing on their side is the ex chairman  & the current Chairman , One owns the land and the other wants nothing but the best for them............................... Now the thing what will be the downfall ........ They don't have the fan base to half fill never mind fill the new stadium , they have only sold out Glumford park once i think?
Also the land Glumford Park stands on has shot up in value due to the new shopping center next door . How long will the Chairman keep funding them that is the question ?

They might have the fan base in the future with that amount of new housing, Scunthorpe's population would rocket and probably compete with Grimsby's.
Some Towns seem to be moving forward and some seem to be happy where they sit.
Scunthorpe steel works seems to be at risk if you believe the media, so why the need for this development.
Grimsby could be the new Aberdeen ( renewables )
Someone needs to get of their bottom and make things happen in Grimsby.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
bax
October 22, 2014, 10:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from fleabag1970

I might be wrong, but I don't think the ex chairman does own the land for the new ground. I'm sure it's someone else. And the land for their ground is worth the same as it always has been as there's a retail park next to and opposite. the new M&S devlopment won't add any extra value as the value has always been there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 22, 2014, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
I bet there's no lesser spotted flamingos to stop the project either

Our council doesn't want to benifit the team end of. I can almost guarenteed that if it was put to the councillors ; "is grimsby town football club an asset to the local population?" The against'a would outweigh the for's.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
MuddyWaters
October 22, 2014, 10:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from promotion plaice

They might have the fan base in the future with that amount of new housing, Scunthorpe's population would rocket and probably compete with Grimsby's.
Some Towns seem to be moving forward and some seem to be happy where they sit.
Scunthorpe steel works seems to be at risk if you believe the media, so why the need for this development.
Grimsby could be the new Aberdeen ( renewables )
[b][/b]Someone needs to get of their bottom and make things happen in Grimsby.

Over to you John!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
scrumble
October 23, 2014, 8:14am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
So since Town first touted the idea of a new a ground all those years ago Scunthorpe will have had two before we get ours.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 23, 2014, 8:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from scrumble
So since Town first touted the idea of a new a ground all those years ago Scunthorpe will have had two before we get ours.

Which only goes to show they got it wrong first time.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
grimsby pete
October 23, 2014, 9:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
This is only a thought and I have no idea if it would work,

BUT

Could Town build our new stadium on the training ground at Cheapside.?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunthorpes 2nd new ground a step closer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.