10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
October 29, 2014, 8:21am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
I didn't see this one coming,

Ambitious plans for a state-of-the-art football stadium and complex on the 110-acre former Huntsman Tioxide site in Grimsby have been backed by UKIP - but the party will not be coming up with the cash to fund it.

It also claims there is a "real possibility" the complex, dubbed the Mariners Key Project, could attract more than three-million visitors a year to the area.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
October 29, 2014, 8:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
http://grimsbyukip.webplus.net/page88.html

Sod Johnny Foreigner that gets my vote.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 93
barralad
October 29, 2014, 8:28am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
This has just jogged my memory.....

Did you happen to get this detail from a leaflet through the door?

I was in a taxi last week and the taxi driver (who lives off Weelsby Ave) was telling me he'd had a leaflet through his door advising him that this stadium was a "goer". He didn't have the leaflet with him (surprisingly!!) and he couldn't tell me where it had come from.

Unless someone is going to fund it the idea remains like so many others over the years very large "pie in the sky".

It would be interesting to see whether NELC offer any response

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 93
psgmariner
October 29, 2014, 8:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Not much on that website is there?

Come on Farage, I know you post on here, spill the beans!

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 93
promotion plaice
October 29, 2014, 8:31am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from barralad
This has just jogged my memory.....

Did you happen to get this detail from a leaflet through the door?

I was in a taxi last week and the taxi driver (who lives off Weelsby Ave) was telling me he'd had a leaflet through his door advising him that this stadium was a "goer". He didn't have the leaflet with him (surprisingly!!) and he couldn't tell me where it had come from.

Unless someone is going to fund it the idea remains like so many others over the years very large "pie in the sky".

It would be interesting to see whether NELC offer any response

Source- in today's Grimsby Telegraph.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 93
psgmariner
October 29, 2014, 8:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Seems it is just another madcap UKIP idea. Fenty and others have rubbished the idea:

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....16-detail/story.html

I spent a blissful summer working at Tioxide but don't think it is suitable for  new ground.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 93
ivanosandwich
October 29, 2014, 8:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 16
Novartis is a top tier COMAH site which basically means that it has some very nasty chemicals and they have to have a plan in place should the worst happen.

One part of the plan is that all of the neighbours, within a mile radius or thereabouts, are aware that they need to stay indoors, close all windows and doors and wait for instructions.

Having around 5000 people next door, in the open air with no means of refuge means that for this reason alone, it would never be allowed to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 93
biggles9999
October 29, 2014, 8:59am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Mr Mawer, the man who is behind the idea, has sent out 130 leaflets to residents in the Grimsby area to gauge support for the ambitious development project.

This part of the article made me laugh. In a town the size of Grimsby/Cleethorpes thats hardly going to be much of a gauge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 93
tashee69
October 29, 2014, 9:09am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +955
Gold Stars: 23
UKIP have just picked a large area where a ground could be built, put no idea into the matter whatsoever. Roads, smell, finances, buses, it makes me feel like they want to play politics....oh we did think of the idea but you're not getting any money off us. I've an idea build it on the old Western school site or how about near Morrisons.  If UKIP do win Gy I think it's even a further step backwards for the stadium. Just when you don't think it could get any worse.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 93
moosey_club
October 29, 2014, 9:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ivanosandwich
Novartis is a top tier COMAH site which basically means that it has some very nasty chemicals and they have to have a plan in place should the worst happen.

One part of the plan is that all of the neighbours, within a mile radius or thereabouts, are aware that they need to stay indoors, close all windows and doors and wait for instructions.

Having around 5000 people next door, in the open air with no means of refuge means that for this reason alone, it would never be allowed to happen.

Exactly...the same reason the Great Coates site had so many issues initially, plus add the stench from the sewage works next door and the fishmeal factory , its a great location for attracting crowds..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 93
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'NEC Arena-style' stadium for Tioxide site

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.