3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
November 12, 2014, 10:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
The tightness of our current goals against record is going to be highly significant for the rest of the season - |i would take every 1-0win going in crap games until we are promoted - this defence could be our saviour this year, as it has consistently been the down fall in the important play off games in the last couple of years.

The current squad seems to have really got together with a great understanding, and we even now have a deputy holding midfielder in Disley if needed.

Clean sheets mean less pressure on the rest to score multiple goals to win - may not be pretty or draw in huge crowds, but has to be the solid way forward now we have a clear 2nd best goal difference.

Some tough and trying games coming up to the year end, but by the New Year, I would hope that we are at least knocking on Barnet's door and worrying their heels - could it be so good that we go past them, like Luton did with Cambridge's lead last season - is it our turn this year ????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
Rodley Mariner
November 12, 2014, 11:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from psgmariner

I have heard from York fans that he will sign permanently in January.

That'd be superb. The fact he can cover right back, centre back and centre mid could be invaluable as the season goes on.

What are people's thoughts on Pell?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
grimsby pete
November 12, 2014, 11:05am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

What are people's thoughts on Pell?

I saw him at Braintree and was impressed,

He could be a very useful player to have in the squad if we can keep him a bit longer.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
horsforthmariner
November 12, 2014, 11:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

That'd be superb. The fact he can cover right back, centre back and centre mid could be invaluable as the season goes on.

What are people's thoughts on Pell?[/b]

He's pretty good at breaking up the opposition and he is a real physical presence. However I wouldn't call him cultured. His control is average. Overall a good signing and would be good if we could keep him for the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
oldun
November 12, 2014, 12:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
All teams have to play each other twice at some stage. There are no nailed in wins I this league, teams have take them one by one a work damned hard to succeed. No team will win every game and we the fans have to learn not to get too negative if we lose one. It happens, move on.
With regard to Harry Pell, think he is a good player at this level and we should try to keep him. With him, Brown, Clay, Diz , Parslow and Paddy we should always be able to field a good central mid. However, with Brown coming back, finances might dictate that he goes back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
Garth
November 12, 2014, 12:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from grimsby pete

I saw him at Braintree and was impressed,

He could be a very useful player to have in the squad if we can keep him a bit longer.

A live wire that has physic in his favour, I think he will get better with more games ie match fitness
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
GrimRob
November 12, 2014, 1:03pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
There's other teams we need to worry about besides Barnet. Bristol Rovers, Forest Green and Eastleigh were all fancied ahead of us at the start of the season and there'll all within a few points of us and we've got to play some of them twice yet. They've all got bigger squads than Barnet (and us in some cases).

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 26
Garth
November 12, 2014, 1:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from GrimRob
There's other teams we need to worry about besides Barnet. Bristol Rovers, Forest Green and Eastleigh were all fancied ahead of us at the start of the season and there'll all within a few points of us and we've got to play some of them twice yet. They've all got bigger squads than Barnet (and us in some cases).

True! still not bothered though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
fiveallive
November 12, 2014, 3:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I would hope to keep Harry Pell to January he will be a good asset when we play Lincoln at home with there threat from free kicks and throw ins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
BIGChris
November 12, 2014, 3:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from fiveallive
I would hope to keep Harry Pell to January he will be a good asset when we play Lincoln at home with there threat from free kicks and throw ins.

Despite his height i dont think he is very effective in the air. Doesnt get off the ground
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnet's testing time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.