arryarryarry
November 22, 2014, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DocTower
Posts say it  all ,  Teams come here and know howceasy it's going to be . Pack the defence as we haven't a clue how to break them down . 90 seconds our unknown game plan collapsed total lack of skill , control , passion , leadership  . Two steps forward three steps back . Bilp maybe , but Christmas is getting close .

Erm, I don't think they came and packed the defence as they created the better chances early on in the game.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
arryarryarry
November 22, 2014, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
It might have worked in a few games but one wonders what sort of message it gives out to away teams when we set up with one striker.

Also Hurst has to be more proactive, the formation clearly wasn't working so we were all saying he must change it at half-time but no and just like Oxford they scored just after half time and game virtually over.

I have been saying it all season, I just don't think we we will be good enough to threaten top spot come the end of the season unless Hurst changes his ways.  
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
pontoonlew
November 22, 2014, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,834
Gold Stars: 167
What I'd like to ask Hurst is why possibly one of the best creative players in this league has been shoved out wide from the central position he was terrorising teams from at the start of the season? He's our best creative outlet, use it ffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
DocTower
November 22, 2014, 9:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Richard Cranium
Here we go. First defeat for a while. Credit Kidderminster they played well especially Gowling

It's the manner of the defeat , not so much a win ,, we gave them them the win . Totally unacceptable from a supposedly professional outfit .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
lee65
November 22, 2014, 9:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
We need to show more confidence at home, rather than setting up like the away team.  Our supposed 433 is NEVER 433, today it was 4141, with the holding "1" a decent but out of place defender
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
arryarryarry
November 22, 2014, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I know some fans were calling for a goal keeping coach when Steve Croudson left but is there any chance we could have a corner kick coach.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
DocTower
November 22, 2014, 9:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm, I don't think they came and packed the defence as they created the better chances early on in the game.

They found themselves one up , unexpectedly , carried on marking 2 to 1 anyone of ours that got into the final third .  Arnold created , but it's obvious we haven't got a natural striker , well Pittman who was on the bench . Chasing the game from 90 seconds , we might have had possession but we aren't dangerous .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
Garth
November 22, 2014, 10:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Chrisblor
Carl Magnay's hitting the nail on the head on the radio right now. Giving the interview Hurst should be giving - identifying what went wrong, suggesting we don't need a holding midfielder at home and apologising for a shambolic performance.

Hmm thats him out of Hursty team ASAP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
grimsby pete
November 22, 2014, 10:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I can not remember a game that was poorer than that,

If  it was not for the jumbo Haddock at Steels,

It would had been a waste of a day,

13 hours away from home, having to make sure the daughter was there to look after my disabled wife,

All for what ?

No movement, no speed ,,very poor defending no idea what to do at all,

I like Neilson but how he got mom baffles me, he spent most of the time running across the pitch not attacking the full back,

Hurst is far too cautious and it could cost us promotion,

If we play like that on Tuesday, Woking will have a field day.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
Fcukthescunts
November 22, 2014, 10:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Shame you didn't get a better performance Pete
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.