6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 22, 2014, 5:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Hurst, boring his way to the play offs since 2011. intercourse off with your 5 at the back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
November 22, 2014, 5:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
Very poor today, game plan undone in minute 1, the minute we go behind we dont need a holding midfielder and that is why this formation will not work at home, we need 2 up front!! Pell very poor today and dis should have started, did more in his 20 minutes then the rest of our centre mid all day, arnold best of a bad bunch, means it is a massive game on tuesday and i hope to god we go for it because ive seem woking this season and they certainly will be a test
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
mimma
November 22, 2014, 5:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Beaten before kick off by strange formation for a HOME game.

Two holding midfielders, no wingers, one up front isolated.

Played into their hands, couldn't get going, too narrow, everything through the middle.

No one played well, some were worse than others.

Not the way to win home games or entertain your home fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
grimps
November 22, 2014, 5:23pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 46
Tinkerman strikes again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 56
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Glad I didn't waste the afternoon listening to that utterly predictable performance and result. Yet another home flop. Very poor.

Wasn't there a question posed on here earlier in the week - "Where have all the fans gone?". Well, y'know what......

Just out of interest - what formation did Kiddy play today?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
gobby
November 22, 2014, 5:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Very disappointing
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 56
Lambretta Mariner
November 22, 2014, 5:28pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
Some of the passing, clearances, positional  and overall play was so sloppy. But on another day we could and should have scored a number of goals. Keepers pulled off some saves and we missed some chances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
Mariner Ronnie
November 22, 2014, 5:30pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
kidderminster played well today, i think even if we played well we'd have struggled, they didn't play like a depleted side, we've been on a good run though, come on town v woking

last but not least; if i want to clap my team off at the end i will do, if you don't like it, up yours!

UTM!!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
BIGChris
November 22, 2014, 5:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Not sure how you could say we played 5 at the back BUT we were really poor today. We simply couldn't pass to our own players, we had little or no movement ( making us very easy to defend against).
We were very pedestrian in midfield with Parslow and Pell 'loll oping' around one paced.

Heard some jump ties abusing Aswad for their first goal. he was sold down the river by Pells lack of strength and a pass into space. Thomas had to come across with his man, leaving acres for the scorer to run into. He had no choice.

Felt we had to go at Kiddy today and I would have started with Pittman but after 5 wins in 6 I can see why PH went same again. Had he changed it and we put in a similar display he would have got pesters for changing a winning strategy. Overall we should be more adventurous at home.

Nielson was a passenger first half, got more of the ball2nd half but did all his dribbling 30 plus yards from goal and often over did it.

No idea who got MOM but not sure there was one?

5 wins and a draw in 7 games is not a time to go overboard but I think we are in for a tough game on Tuesday and Wokings movement will cause us problems if we go with a static central midfield combo
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
Mariner Ronnie
November 22, 2014, 5:35pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Quoted from BIGChris
Not sure how you could say we played 5 at the back BUT we were really poor today. We simply couldn't pass to our own players, we had little or no movement ( making us very easy to defend against).
We were very pedestrian in midfield with Parslow and Pell 'loll oping' around one paced.

Heard some jump ties abusing Aswad for their first goal. he was sold down the river by Pells lack of strength and a pass into space. Thomas had to come across with his man, leaving acres for the scorer to run into. He had no choice.

Felt we had to go at Kiddy today and I would have started with Pittman but after 5 wins in 6 I can see why PH went same again. Had he changed it and we put in a similar display he would have got pesters for changing a winning strategy. Overall we should be more adventurous at home.

Nielson was a passenger first half, got more of the ball2nd half but did all his dribbling 30 plus yards from goal and often over did it.

No idea who got MOM but not sure there was one?

5 wins and a draw in 7 games is not a time to go overboard but I think we are in for a tough game on Tuesday and Wokings movement will cause us problems if we go with a static central midfield combo

4-4-2 on tuesday

mckeown
thomas
toto
pearson
magnay
neilson
disley
brown
arnold
ljl
pittman

jobs a gooden.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
Perkins
November 22, 2014, 5:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Neilson got MOM but how he got it god only knows. How the hell anyone can say we have the best defence in the league after today's performance baffles me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
Maringer
November 22, 2014, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Bloody rubbish throughout the team today. Struggling to think of anybody who had a better than competent game and too many of them were well out of sorts. The number of times we just passed the ball either straight to the opposition players or directly into touch was just embarrassing. Unfortunately, 4-3-3 just doesn't work for us at home as, let's face it, we are really playing a 4-5-1 despite what is claimed as the two wide players automatically drop back into midfield all of the time. It's disturbing how we always seem to have a rubbish performance just waiting to come out even when we're on a really good run of form. You could tell almost from the start today that we would be poor.

Considering that Parslow was meant to be a holding midfielder, he was just hopeless today - second to the ball every time and not much use at all. In the first half, Neilson was utterly anonymous but improved a little bit in the second half. On the other hand, Pell was OK in the first half but pretty much invisible during his time on the pitch in the second half. All in all, our midfield was very much second best to that of Kiddy who looked strong, quick and mobile.

The only (very slight) positive I can think of is that despite playing poorly in general, we actually created a few reasonable goalscoring opportunities and their keeper was forced into a few decent saves. The fact that we failed to finish off any of those chances is obviously a problem. Oh, we improved a bit after Disley and Pittman came on as well but still looked shaky at the back.

Ultimately, I don't think we're going to be challenging for top spot this season so we will just have to hope for a run of good form to take us through the play-offs.

I've come to the conclusion that the distribution of our defenders just isn't good enough so teams know they can sit back holding themselves defensively solid and we are going to struggle to pass it through them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
jimgtfc
November 22, 2014, 5:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 45
Poor start and didn't recover. Not sure where Aswad was for the first, shouldn't be up for corner or nowhere to be seen in the left back spot. Second goal was something we have lacked all season, decent delivery and players attacking the ball.

Toto continues to worry me, the guy looks class one minute then Sunday league the next. Huge gaps at back all day. Not sure what Parslow offers at home, looks like a centre half playing in midfield, need someone who offers more on the ball in there. Pell wasn't good enough, Brown didn't look fit to me. Nielson and Arnold were either not wide enough, narrowing the play to much or not supporting Lenny enough who had a tough afternoon up against the impressive Gowling.

Got to be 442 on Tuesday. But neither Hannah or Pittman give me confidence alongside John Lewis.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
RoboCod
November 22, 2014, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Onl caught the second half on the radio but you'd put money on us nt scoring, it's that predictable and inevitable. I can't take swipes at anyone as I wasn't there, but are Pell and Parslow really up to it? Will they actually strengthen our promotion push, I'm sure there are other players out there to still be made available for loan, maybe we need to take a good look and choose carefully because the midfield sounded as weak and lacking bite as ever until Diz came on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
BIGChris
November 22, 2014, 5:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from jimgtfc
Poor start and didn't recover. Not sure where Aswad was for the first, shouldn't be up for corner or nowhere to be seen in the left back spot. Second goal was something we have lacked all season, decent delivery and players attacking the ball.

He wasnt up for the corner, he was marking their player who moved over to our right hand side. Did you think he should have just stood in the left back spot? No blame whatsoever on Aswad for their first goal!!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
DocTower
November 22, 2014, 5:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Posts say it  all ,  Teams come here and know howceasy it's going to be . Pack the defence as we haven't a clue how to break them down . 90 seconds our unknown game plan collapsed total lack of skill , control , passion , leadership  . Two steps forward three steps back . Bilp maybe , but Christmas is getting close .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
Onl caught the second half on the radio but you'd put money on us nt scoring, it's that predictable and inevitable. I can't take swipes at anyone as I wasn't there, but are Pell and Parslow really up to it? Will they actually strengthen our promotion push, I'm sure there are other players out there to still be made available for loan, maybe we need to take a good look and choose carefully because the midfield sounded as weak and lacking bite as ever until Diz came on.

We do have two other midfielders under contract but they're not getting a look in whilst the non-performing loanees are preferred. Frustrating for me that he'll give a loan defender a run of games in central midfield despite not putting in the performances, but he won't afford that same opportunity to  McLaughlin, who's had little more than the odd game here or there out of position and 10 minutes off the bench every few weeks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
BIGChris
November 22, 2014, 5:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from DocTower
Posts say it  all ,  Teams come here and know howceasy it's going to be . Pack the defence as we haven't a clue how to break them down . 90 seconds our unknown game plan collapsed total lack of skill , control , passion , leadership  . Two steps forward three steps back . Bilp maybe , but Christmas is getting close .

Kiddy certainly didnt pack the defence, they got men forward at every opportunity and always had at least two up front
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
Chrisblor
November 22, 2014, 5:57pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
Carl Magnay's hitting the nail on the head on the radio right now. Giving the interview Hurst should be giving - identifying what went wrong, suggesting we don't need a holding midfielder at home and apologising for a shambolic performance.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
oldun
November 22, 2014, 6:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
What a dreadful first half performance and an early goal against stopped us before we got going. It was a joke of a goal so many players caught out of position and Pell's missed tackle was inexcusable. Not sure what Parslow was supposed to be doing. If he was playing a holding role, he did not get near the ball, did not cut out passes, did not win tackles and did not set anything up going forward. He might as well have been sitting near me. The whole team lacked confidence on the ball and were too slow against a sharp Kiddy team. Craig Clay should have replaced Pell to give us some bite and energy. Obviously conceding a second from a corner early in the second half was a disaster and whilst we put them under pressure as the game wore on we did not create any real clear chances and their Keeper saved our efforts on goal well. We will certainly have to play with more pace and quality on Tues to avoid another set back. In terms of cementing our place at the top today was an opportunity missed. On today's showing we do not look like a championship winning side, far from it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
Tangerine Chris
November 22, 2014, 6:00pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
If we continue to play like that, we will not even going to make the play offs.  Very poor today by everyone.

Hope we put up a better performance on Tuesday night, but after todays performance, I think another 500 will not be watching it

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 56
Richard Cranium
November 22, 2014, 6:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
Here we go. First defeat for a while. Credit Kidderminster they played well especially Gowling
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 56
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 6:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
What formation did Kiddy use?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 56
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor
Carl Magnay's hitting the nail on the head on the radio right now. Giving the interview Hurst should be giving - identifying what went wrong, suggesting we don't need a holding midfielder at home and apologising for a shambolic performance.

Quite. I thought Hurst's interview was infuriating.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
ginnywings
November 22, 2014, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33

We do have two other midfielders under contract but they're not getting a look in whilst the non-performing loanees are preferred. Frustrating for me that he'll give a loan defender a run of games in central midfield despite not putting in the performances, but he won't afford that same opportunity to  McLaughlin, who's had little more than the odd game here or there out of position and 10 minutes off the bench every few weeks.

Exactly. We have decent  midfielders on the bench or in the stands and we bring in 2 loan players who are no better. I just don't understand why he keeps bringing in players in positions we don't need, when we have the worst performing strikers in the top 5.

Paddy must be well drunk off watching Pells non performances. Similarly Clay with Parslow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
psgmariner
November 22, 2014, 6:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Agree Kiddy looked pretty good. Passed the ball went, created shooting opportunities, took decent set plays and had a few tasty long shots. That said I think we allowed them to play due to our poor midfield (especially Pell who was abysmal) and dost defending (Aswad and Toto who were both all over the place physically and psychologically!). LJL worked hard but had no decent service as was pleased with Pittmans efforts when he came on.

Neilson and Arnold were both really good in my opinion. Arnold looks a right player and although he struggled for an end product, Neilson's dribbling was immense. I love that trick he does where his belly goes one way as then he dribbles the other way.

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
fleabag1970
November 22, 2014, 6:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
No excuses today  Mr Hurst . anyone in the ground could see our formation wasnt working . I said to the people next to me that he will probably wait till we go 2-0 to change ........ Guess what ............ It should have been changed after 10 mins IMO , Nothing wrong with admiting you got it wrong

Keep Disley in the TEAM
Why does Pell get the nod over Clay ??
If it isnt working change it , even after 10 mins

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
fleabag1970
November 22, 2014, 6:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Oh and the first 10 mins of the Game was as bad as ive seen a Town team play ..............and ive seen some Guff over 30 years

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
brad_gtfc
November 22, 2014, 6:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
If he wants to play 1 upfront, at home, he has to take the holding player out and put a no.10 in behind LJL.

Clay    Brown

Pittman    Nielson   Arnold

LJL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
WappingMariner
November 22, 2014, 6:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +125
Very, very, very frustrating. Not quite ruined my 25th birthday but it certainly doesn't leave me wanting to do a great deal of celebrating.

I thought we started fairly brightly. Arnold looking to build on his strong performance at Alty by running at the Kidderminster defence with vigour. Their goal, ironically, came as a result of a Town corner. Pell didn't win the ball and Marvin Johnson was able to surge forward before slotting calmly underneath McKeown.

After they scored you expected a reaction from Town but that didn't come. Neilson was the only attacking player who looked relatively threatening for us. Unfortunately, though, even he seemed to lose his composure when he eventually got in a position to shoot yet decided otherwise.

My two major concerns were the lack of depth we had in attack and Pell's inability to start a positive move or stand *tall* when Kidderminster broke forward. Quite honestly I would play Clay instead of him in the next game. I don't think, realistically, there was much we could do about the second goal. Byrne's header was powerful and Magnay did well to get a boot on the ball but couldn't stop it from finding the back of the net.

The lack of depth in attack today was concerning. I still do not understand why Neilson is played on the left. It's obvious that he'll move inside, which always leaves Aswad exposed at left-back. Subsequently it also means Aswad is not able to go forward on the overlap as much because of the lack of cover.

I still would persist with LJL on his own up top because I'm not sure how you accommodate Neilson and Arnold if you play two up front. Unless you use Arnold as a striker, of course. Not sure he'd be too comfortable playing that role, though.

The best eleven I think we have is: McKeown - Magnay, Nsiala, Pearson, Thomas - Clay, Brown - Arnold, Neilson, Mackreth - LJL (4-2-3-1). If you want two up top then you could go for: McKeown - as above - Clay, Brown, Disley - Neilson - Pittman, LJL (4-3-1-2). The latter obviously means there is no threat from the wings but gives you more numbers in attack.

Now for a few beers and a curry.

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
carrot top
November 22, 2014, 6:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
We were all over the place today. No bite, no quick movement of the ball from defence and midfield. Playing one up top is unbelievable at home and Hurst us stubborn about it. 3 home league defeats and it is not Xmas yet. kiddy were ok but not brilliant. That said I think they had many more efforts on target than us. I couldn't believe Toto didn't score in the second half with the goal at his mercy. Magnay summed it up really when he said the formation at home needs to be attacking. He also said he thought there was some ill disciplined stuff in the second half (gunho Neilson I think he was referring to)

Disappointed in Hurst's comments about some fans booing at the end. Although I feel it is non productive, the paying fans have a right to show their displeasure at such a poor performance. He annoys with the same comments about the fans when things go wrong. It is not their fault we were shite.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
jimgtfc
November 22, 2014, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris

He wasnt up for the corner, he was marking their player who moved over to our right hand side. Did you think he should have just stood in the left back spot? No blame whatsoever on Aswad for their first goal!!

Poor positioning and lack of effort from Aswad for the goal imo, although Pell should be doing more in the first instance.

Not sure if it's Hurst's instructions for Aswad to get forward, but we always seem to get caught out down our left side while Thomas is jogging back. He doesn't seem to read the game well to me.

They had another chance in the first half when our left back was again caught out of position meaning the centre halves were pulled across, Magnay had to cover them and the guy was free back post, but his strike partner didn't square it for a tap in.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
jonnyboy82
November 22, 2014, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
One striker and a holding midfielder at home should tell you all you need to know.

Just not what we need or expect when we are at home and it is up to us to show all the attacking intent.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
ex-merseymariner
November 22, 2014, 7:45pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jimgtfc

Poor positioning and lack of effort from Aswad for the goal imo, although Pell should be doing more in the first instance.

Not sure if it's Hurst's instructions for Aswad to get forward, but we always seem to get caught out down our left side while Thomas is jogging back. He doesn't seem to read the game well to me.

They had another chance in the first half when our left back was again caught out of position meaning the centre halves were pulled across, Magnay had to cover them and the guy was free back post, but his strike partner didn't square it for a tap in.

I remember that chance, but am not sure it was Aswad's fault; the formation was wrong - surely Parslow playing deep is partly to cover for situations like that, but the communication between the 2 centre backs and parslow was awful.

Having said that, everyone had multiple awful moments today -  could have easily taken off Parslow/Toto and Pell at halftime and brought on Pittman and Disley, but instead, played it safe, and conceded another !!!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
GorgeousGeorge
November 22, 2014, 7:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
Glad I went to IKEA today, simple as that really.  The desire to do a 260 mile round trip to watch inconsistent negative crap left me a long time ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
jimgtfc
November 22, 2014, 7:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

I remember that chance, but am not sure it was Aswad's fault; the formation was wrong - surely Parslow playing deep is partly to cover for situations like that, but the communication between the 2 centre backs and parslow was awful.

Having said that, everyone had multipřle awful moments today -  could have easily taken off Parslow/Toto and Pell at halftime and brought on Pittman and Disley, but instead, played it safe, and conceded another !!!

Agree about Parslow, supposed to shield the back but didn't and can't pass a ball either. If we are to persist with this formation then it has to be Disley holding at home.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
November 22, 2014, 8:16pm
Guest User
Absolute garbage I left as soon as they scored the 2nd knowing full well there was no chance of a comeback. Hurst just been papering over the cracks this last month, I've said it before  il say it again average team in a shockingly urine poor quality league.
Reply: 36 - 56
easypeersy
November 22, 2014, 8:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Absolutely terrible!!!
I predicted we would lose and was not wrong.
We have been lucky to win a lot of matches and I am amazed we are in this false position.
I feel our Christmas slump is coming early this season.
Buck up lads!!
That was shocking!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge
Glad I went to IKEA today, simple as that really.  The desire to do a 260 mile round trip to watch inconsistent negative crap left me a long time ago.

Know what you mean.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
DocTower
November 22, 2014, 9:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from easypeersy
Absolutely terrible!!!
I predicted we would lose and was not wrong.
We have been lucky to win a lot of matches and I am amazed we are in this false position.
I feel our Christmas slump is coming early this season.
Buck up lads!!
That was shocking!!!

Can't understand those red crosses , they must have those special glasses on or didn't go . Mid table side going nowhere playing like this , so pridicable so boring so not exciting .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
arryarryarry
November 22, 2014, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DocTower

Erm, I don't think they came and packed the defence as they created the better chances early on in the game.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
arryarryarry
November 22, 2014, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
It might have worked in a few games but one wonders what sort of message it gives out to away teams when we set up with one striker.

Also Hurst has to be more proactive, the formation clearly wasn't working so we were all saying he must change it at half-time but no and just like Oxford they scored just after half time and game virtually over.

I have been saying it all season, I just don't think we we will be good enough to threaten top spot come the end of the season unless Hurst changes his ways.  
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
pontoonlew
November 22, 2014, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
What I'd like to ask Hurst is why possibly one of the best creative players in this league has been shoved out wide from the central position he was terrorising teams from at the start of the season? He's our best creative outlet, use it ffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
DocTower
November 22, 2014, 9:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Richard Cranium
Here we go. First defeat for a while. Credit Kidderminster they played well especially Gowling

It's the manner of the defeat , not so much a win ,, we gave them them the win . Totally unacceptable from a supposedly professional outfit .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
lee65
November 22, 2014, 9:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
We need to show more confidence at home, rather than setting up like the away team.  Our supposed 433 is NEVER 433, today it was 4141, with the holding "1" a decent but out of place defender
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
arryarryarry
November 22, 2014, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I know some fans were calling for a goal keeping coach when Steve Croudson left but is there any chance we could have a corner kick coach.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
DocTower
November 22, 2014, 9:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm, I don't think they came and packed the defence as they created the better chances early on in the game.

They found themselves one up , unexpectedly , carried on marking 2 to 1 anyone of ours that got into the final third .  Arnold created , but it's obvious we haven't got a natural striker , well Pittman who was on the bench . Chasing the game from 90 seconds , we might have had possession but we aren't dangerous .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
Garth
November 22, 2014, 10:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Chrisblor

Hmm thats him out of Hursty team ASAP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
grimsby pete
November 22, 2014, 10:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
I can not remember a game that was poorer than that,

If  it was not for the jumbo Haddock at Steels,

It would had been a waste of a day,

13 hours away from home, having to make sure the daughter was there to look after my disabled wife,

All for what ?

No movement, no speed ,,very poor defending no idea what to do at all,

I like Neilson but how he got mom baffles me, he spent most of the time running across the pitch not attacking the full back,

Hurst is far too cautious and it could cost us promotion,

If we play like that on Tuesday, Woking will have a field day.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
Fcukthescunts
November 22, 2014, 10:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Shame you didn't get a better performance Pete
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
Maringer
November 22, 2014, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from arryarryarry
I know some fans were calling for a goal keeping coach when Steve Croudson left but is there any chance we could have a corner kick coach.

I could do that job:

1. Beat the first man.
2. Don't chip it in.
3. Don't put it close to the keeper.
4. Don't overhit it.

It's not really rocket science, is it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
Abdul19
November 22, 2014, 11:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from grimps
Tinkerman strikes again

By making one change from last week?

Should've made more (Pell and Parslow out!).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
arryarryarry
November 22, 2014, 11:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

I could do that job:

1. Beat the first man.
2. Don't chip it in.
3. Don't put it close to the keeper.
4. Don't overhit it.

It's not really rocket science, is it?

Erm, I wasn't actually being serious, still never mind.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
November 23, 2014, 12:40pm
Guest User
it costs me travelling and ticket about £50 to regularly watch a good squad misused by an incompetent manager, how long have we  got to put up with it and then get abused by him when we show are frustrations. I wonder if Fenty will be having words with Hurst on monday i would like to think he would but i doubt it. We have been turned into an average non league side and they wonder why fans are unhappy,never mind a new stadium will sort it  
Reply: 53 - 56
Madeleymariner
November 23, 2014, 4:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Just back from my weekend in Lincs. The fish and chips from the chippy was superb, seeing family great, football what football all I saw was 11 blokes trying to kick (unsuccessfully) a ball around a bit of grass. Shambolic, glad it only cost me a fiver. normally come up for the last home game before Christmas but wont bother now. 4-5-1 at home to a depleted team without its 2 first choice strikers your having laugh Hurst. And as for moaning about the fans well he can just FISS OFF back to Yorkshire and never come back. I didn't boo, never do but what do they expect when serving up negative dross like that at home. Crowd will be down to 2800 on Tuesday if were lucky, that'll be a great atmosphere to get the players going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
Madeleymariner
November 23, 2014, 4:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
PS Pell should be sent back today, waste of a shirt, slow to react, half paced and my 98 year old Gran could of knocked him off the ball and won the aerial  battle against him during the last 2 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
grimsby pete
November 23, 2014, 4:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Just back from my weekend in Lincs. The fish and chips from the chippy was superb, seeing family great, football what football all I saw was 11 blokes trying to kick (unsuccessfully) a ball around a bit of grass. Shambolic, glad it only cost me a fiver. normally come up for the last home game before Christmas but wont bother now. 4-5-1 at home to a depleted team without its 2 first choice strikers your having laugh Hurst. And as for moaning about the fans well he can just FISS OFF back to Yorkshire and never come back. I didn't boo, never do but what do they expect when serving up negative dross like that at home. Crowd will be down to 2800 on Tuesday if were lucky, that'll be a great atmosphere to get the players going.

I agree with the above,

I did not boo but I did not have anything to cheer about either.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.