Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Same old....same old.......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 198 Guests

Same old....same old.......

This thread currently has 3,019 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
November 22, 2014, 8:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from lee65
Was it Hursts fault that they scored in under 2 mins from OUR poor corner?

Not at all Lee!  But he should of made changes sooner than he did, Even Tondeur and Buckley said this.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
November 22, 2014, 8:50pm
Guest User
This seasons a right off for me already but there is no point in sacking him now, bring in the new man for the last month of the season to evaluate the team.
Reply: 11 - 23
cmackenzie4
November 22, 2014, 8:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 2578
This seasons a right off for me already but there is no point in sacking him now, bring in the new man for the last month of the season to evaluate the team.

I wouldn't say sat 2nd in the league is a right off, a couple of good additions in January and we should be strong contenders, For me we need an out and out striker, easier said than done though i suppose.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
GrimRob
November 22, 2014, 9:06pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Sussexmariner

How come Luton walked this league last season and every other team that has got promoted?

Luton are a much bigger club than us with a much bigger budget and lost 5 times last season. Cambridge a comparable club to us lost 10. We have lost 5 so far and are half way through the season almost, So we are on a par with Cambridge. We are second/third, we're on target for a decent season and we're ahead of all the other clubs who have a bigger budget than us. It's not the time for existential debates!.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 23
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Are Luton a 'much bigger' club than us? Really? Bigger sure. Their ambition, single-mindedness and investment is much bigger than us and that's the key.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
promotion plaice
November 22, 2014, 9:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
[quote=3898]Are Luton a 'much bigger' club than us? Really? Bigger sure. Their ambition, single-mindedness and investment is much bigger than us and that's the key.[/quote

Yes but they also can tap of loads of clubs for players that don't have to move home.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
GrimRob
November 22, 2014, 9:19pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from chaos33
Are Luton a 'much bigger' club than us? Really? Bigger sure. Their ambition, single-mindedness and investment is much bigger than us and that's the key.

Sorry, but yes. They averaged over 6000 every year they were in the Conference. They were founder members of the Premier League, we've never been within spitting distance of it. They probably had twice as big a wage bill than us all the years we were in it together.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 23
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice
[quote=3898]Are Luton a 'much bigger' club than us? Really? Bigger sure. Their ambition, single-mindedness and investment is much bigger than us and that's the key.[/quote

Yes but they also can tap of loads of clubs for players that don't have to move home.

Fair enough, I don't disagree, but that doesn't make them 'much bigger' than us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Sorry, but yes. They averaged over 6000 every year they were in the Conference. They were founder members of the Premier League, we've never been within spitting distance of it. They probably had twice as big a wage bill than us all the years we were in it together.

Well I know that last comment to be untrue based on last year.
Yes they are bigger than us, but wow - 6000 at home average! That makes them 'much bigger'!?!

Nottingham Forest are much bigger than us. Sheffield Utd, Bolton Wanderers.
There's not that much between us and Luton. They just think bigger. They set their stall out. Luton showed single minded determination to win promotion and, by the time they pulled it off, had no tolerance whatsoever for second best, substandard or mediocre. You delivered the goods, or you were gone.

I'm not splitting this hair any more.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
November 22, 2014, 9:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I wouldn't say sat 2nd in the league is a right off, a couple of good additions in January and we should be strong contenders, For me we need an out and out striker, easier said than done though i suppose.

Yeah I maybe sounds a bit over the top but just based on recent performances 2nd in the league feels wrong, And I just can't see the team getting a grip of the inconsistency, I've watched them enough now to see that there's there's something missing, because we look a good team on paper more than capable of running away with the title, but it's just not happening we don't dominate teams like serious champions should, we looked  like the part timers at times today and hurst has to shoulder most of the blame.

Sorry Chris but I've resigned myself to another season of non league mediocrity next year I'm afraid, sorry for the pessimistic view but I had more enjoyment at my mothers funeral than watching today's performance excrement I hope a feel better than this in the morning  
Anyway I hope I'm wrong  I want to see them go up just for your sake you deserve it pal you've been the most positive poster on here since it started, you must have more patience than Joseph of Nazareth.
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Same old....same old.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.