4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
November 25, 2014, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
So so much better! We pressed and battled but credit woking, they are a good side! Looked good with balls into channels, must admit i was nervy when woking pulled one back and thought only a matter of time before they got the second but credit our boys for digging in and getting that third, mentions to dis who i thought was outstanding, also hannah who was very good when he came on, along with LJL and JPP. Pleasing journey home, mention to the linesman in the second half against us who was useless. Awful decisions against hannah twice!!' But UTM!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
mr b
November 25, 2014, 10:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +28
4-4-2 simple !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
jonnyboy82
November 25, 2014, 10:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Hagrid
So so much better! We pressed and battled but credit woking, they are a good side! Looked good with balls into channels, must admit i was nervy when woking pulled one back and thought only a matter of time before they got the second but credit our boys for digging in and getting that third, mentions to dis who i thought was outstanding, also hannah who was very good when he came on, along with LJL and JPP. Pleasing journey home, mention to the linesman in the second half against us who was useless. Awful decisions against hannah twice!!' But UTM!!!

good result hagrid.

Puzzling though because buckley said in the radio woking were a poor team and how they were third he will never know.

Keeping the pressure on barnet too.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
Hagrid
November 25, 2014, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from jonnyboy82

good result hagrid.

Puzzling though because buckley said in the radio woking were a poor team and how they were third he will never know.

Keeping the pressure on barnet too.

Did he now?? Well i guess its all about opinions but i disagree with alan there!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
November 25, 2014, 10:16pm
Guest User
Who am I to disagree with the King of Blundell Park? But I do! I thought they moved the ball very well, I do like that Josh Payne, he can ping a ball and has a good range. Good thing Rendall went of as he knows where the net is and that keeper was a clown. But they didn't deal with crosses too well, play a very high line and always looked like we would outscore them.
Reply: 4 - 37
Les Brechin
November 25, 2014, 10:17pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
To be fair to the lino I thought he got both offsides spot on. The first one Hannah was well offside, it was just the late flag and he was just offside for the second one too,, although it was very tight. In fact, I thought that all 3 officials had decent games,

It was mentioned that the ref likes dishing out cards but if anything he was a bit lenient at times.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
jonnyboy82
November 25, 2014, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Hagrid

Did he now?? Well i guess its all about opinions but i disagree with alan there!

Yep.

I do suppose alan can see things different sometimes.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
Mariner Ronnie
November 25, 2014, 10:19pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
well done town, see y'all at telford

UTM!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
BIGChris
November 25, 2014, 10:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Enjoyed that!
Woking are a good footballing side but not convinced they threatened our goal enough. Losing Rendell early on limited them severely but in all honesty he hadn't done much prior to that.

First goal came from a great Magnay cross which Disley got up very well to head home. Thought there may have been the chance of a foul but not given?

Huge credit to JPP for the 2nd chased a lost cause, their keeper wants shooting for not seeing it out by using his body but the Pope got to it, crossed and the shop dived to head home.

Wokings goal came at a stage when they had the least of the ball. Parslow stood off and the shot went in off the far post ( did McKeown think it was going wide?). They then had a fine effort from Payne which hit the post before Hannah's clever ball saw Arnold have the freedom of the box to set up LJL's 2nd and 13th of the season.
Hamish had a couple of mins and looked promising in his brief appearance.
Arnold got man if the match but could have been anyone from Pearson, Toto, Magnay, Disley, Arnold the Pope or the Shop.

Shame so many chose to stay at home  given that is 6 wins and a draw in the last 8. Can't do anything about that, just keep gathering points.
We have gained points on Barnet in last few days. Long way to go, we will lose again, but maybe people will realise that the best chance we have of getting back in the league is total support for the team until end of April. We then see where we are and make decisions as appropriate at that time. In the meantime, let's enjoy the roller coaster.
UTM
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
Tony_GTFC
November 25, 2014, 10:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Woking always let us play that's why we have a goodf record against them. Most other teams try and contain us.

Ask any man what nationality he would prefer to be, and ninety nine out of a hundred will tell you that they would prefer to be Englishmen.

CECIL RHODES

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.