This thread currently has 5,134 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
November 26, 2014, 8:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Hurst is at odds with the Fans of which 800 stayed away last night . He went 442 and didnt seem happy about it ? . Could it be that he has been told to entertain the crowd and fill the seats ? 2600 certainly doesnt pay the bills . I actually think he is under pressure from all sides which is  a shame as we are 2nd in the league .
What if Hurst calls everyones Bluff and takes another job ? He doesnt seem overly happy atm . I shall watch with interest

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
MyDogsThoughts
November 26, 2014, 8:16am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Over 2,600 did turn up though.

800 = Exiles who can't make evening games; shift workers; Live football on TV; Christmas only a month away; parents with school aged children. Very few were anti Hurst and his tactics.

Bring on Telford.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
fleabag1970
November 26, 2014, 8:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
So why is Hurst getting tetchy then ?  2600 is a poor crowd , down to the bare bones .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
MyDogsThoughts
November 26, 2014, 8:24am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from fleabag1970
So why is Hurst getting tetchy then ?  2600 is a poor crowd , down to the bare bones .

Just like you: I have no idea why Hurst is getting tetchy, not sure he is to be honest. Obviously threads like this are not helping him or the cause though.

Yes the crowd was low, can not disagree there, but the reasons are plentiful, not 800 disillusioned fans all wanting a change in manager.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
fleabag1970
November 26, 2014, 8:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
I'm just asking questions thats all . I wouldnt want PH to leave the club

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
Doubled
November 26, 2014, 8:36am
season ticket holder
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +43
Looking for a problem that doesn't exist here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
MyDogsThoughts
November 26, 2014, 8:38am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Doubled

Just an old Dog and a Fleabag having a scratch mate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
highcliff mariner
November 26, 2014, 8:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

Just like you: I have no idea why Hurst is getting tetchy, not sure he is to be honest. Obviously threads like this are not helping him or the cause though.

Yes the crowd was low, can not disagree there, but the reasons are plentiful, not 800 disillusioned fans all wanting a change in manager.

Did you listen to the interview ? sounded like a stroppy kid stamping his feet.

Of course there are multiple reasons for the low gate . The main one been saturdays performance .
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
MyDogsThoughts
November 26, 2014, 8:46am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Did you listen to the interview ? sounded like a stroppy kid stamping his feet.

Of course there are multiple reasons for the low gate . The main one been saturdays performance .

Yes I did listen.

I think Paul sees the post game interview as an unwanted chore which he struggles with most days. He does not appear to be a natural, fluent speaker and this is highlighted by radio and it's instant/live broadcasting. A few private lessons with a good PR person might be the answer for our manager, it would certainly help.

Saturdays performance did sound poor, but we have all witnessed poor games at BP over the years, at least I have. It has never stopped me from going the next chance I've had.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
Trawler
November 26, 2014, 8:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Doubled

I don't think you can say that with any certainty.  It is not the interview of a man happy in his work.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Doesnt look good to me

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.