Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why did you not go last night.....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 202 Guests

Why didn't you go last night.....
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Why did you not go last night.....

This thread currently has 4,694 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
codcheeky
November 27, 2014, 8:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
A lot of fans need to have a long hard look at themselves, In my opinion a major reason that a lot do not go is the the terrible and nasty atmosphere generated by fans themselves at BP. People are saying we should encourage a younger generation to become regular supporters, I know someone who was a regular fan who does not go now because he does not like his young kids to listen to the swearing ,booing and nasty bile spouted by a decent minority of the crowd at BP.  Some there think we have divine right to win every week and the abuse  if we don`t is horrendous. A lot of these same fans moan that the manager doesn`t ever praise them

There is little coincidence that the team seem to play with more confidence away from home and that it is a much more enjoyable for fans, who go to support their team not wait for something to moan about. In fact I would go further and say moaning and getting at the team is frowned upon and discouraged by travelling fans who do not want the day ruined by the miserable
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
jonnyboy82
November 27, 2014, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from codcheeky
A lot of fans need to have a long hard look at themselves, In my opinion a major reason that a lot do not go is the the terrible and nasty atmosphere generated by fans themselves at BP. People are saying we should encourage a younger generation to become regular supporters, I know someone who was a regular fan who does not go now because he does not like his young kids to listen to the swearing ,booing and nasty bile spouted by a decent minority of the crowd at BP.  Some there think we have divine right to win every week and the abuse  if we don`t is horrendous. A lot of these same fans moan that the manager doesn`t ever praise them

There is little coincidence that the team seem to play with more confidence away from home and that it is a much more enjoyable for fans, who go to support their team not wait for something to moan about. In fact I would go further and say moaning and getting at the team is frowned upon and discouraged by travelling fans who do not want the day ruined by the miserable

Any fan who pays money to see a football match is entitled to an opinion, booing is part and parcel of football wrong or right.

the reason the attendances are down is part due to the time of the year but imo more to do with the whole paul hurst package from his interviews to his lack of likeable personality , some are diehards and some are fickle.

I don't like him as a manager and its maybe partly my fault for being stubborn but I cant believe we are second in the table and I still cant take to him , attendances usually say a lot on how the fans feel and 800 down on Saturday shows they cant be arsed,  we then win on Tuesday and if we do on Saturday then my guess is the attendance will be over 3k for the next home game, its just how football is.

respect to the die hards who go no matter what but the manager does not inspire me one little bit and that is just my opinion and don't expect everyone to agree as football divides fans wrongly or rightly.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
fleabag1970
November 27, 2014, 10:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
sooooo 72 people have voted , hardly a fair relection of the 3400 that visited BP on Saturday .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
Grantham_Mariner
November 27, 2014, 10:55am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from fleabag1970
sooooo 72 people have voted , hardly a fair relection of the 3400 that visited BP on Saturday .

It's the ones that didn't attend I was interested in. Well done to the ones who were there.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why did you not go last night.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.