13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
December 16, 2014, 3:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
thanks for all the coverage, but there's been no mention of the 'elephant in the room'

what's the current situation viz a vis thermos flasks?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 125
Garth
December 16, 2014, 4:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from forza ivano
thanks for all the coverage, but there's been no mention of the 'elephant in the room'

what's the current situation viz a vis thermos flasks?  

Bit of a vacuume TBF, too much of a hot topic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 125
cardiffmariner
December 16, 2014, 6:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,308
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from ska face
Someone asked if it was difficult to get players going on Saturday given all the time on the bus, ground was empty, etc.

Has this bloke got nowt better to do with his evening? Does he really care about that? flipping hell.

I was going to ask the same question about you. Did you just go so you could insult and take the mick out of anyone who asked a question?

I've stopped as you've managed to bore the life out of me. I'm guessing if I kept reading I'd get to the pertinent and oh so clever questions you eventually put forward. But I can't now be arsed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 125
Garth
December 16, 2014, 6:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from cardiffmariner

I was going to ask the same question about you. Did you just go so you could insult and take the mick out of anyone who asked a question?

I've stopped as you've managed to bore the life out of me. I'm guessing if I kept reading I'd get to the pertinent and oh so clever questions you eventually put forward. But I can't now be arsed.

He did not go but thinks its clever to jibe at those who did, betcha he was pineing to know what the questions were and how they were answered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 125
ska face
December 16, 2014, 6:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,558
Gold Stars: 839
I didn't go mate. I was struggling to listen through Mariners Player.

The problem mate is that plenty of people, myself included, can't get to these events for one reason or another and are offered the opportunity to submit questions electronically. However, these are then "vetted" (read 'ignored') ignored in favour of some mouth breather who has been able to walk around the corner to complain about the colour of someone's boots.

I submitted questions last night and have done in the past, I've seen other people do the same and meet the same fate. Sorry mate but I've absolutely no time for any fornicator who goes to events like this and asks why LJL can't finish. One person went on for about 10 minutes, can we not have someone moderate these forums properly?  

Had I not been doing these updates or been waiting for an answer to my questions, I'd have turned it off after the first question as it was clear what was going to happen AGAIN. A waste of everyone's time I'm afraid mate.

Thanks for the feedback though mate. Will take it on board and hope to change my attitude towards dickheads in future.

All the best.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 125
cleethorpes_mariner
December 16, 2014, 7:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from ska face
I didn't go mate. I was struggling to listen through Mariners Player.

The problem mate is that plenty of people, myself included, can't get to these events for one reason or another and are offered the opportunity to submit questions electronically. However, these are then "vetted" (read 'ignored') ignored in favour of some mouth breather who has been able to walk around the corner to complain about the colour of someone's boots.

I submitted questions last night and have done in the past, I've seen other people do the same and meet the same fate. Sorry mate but I've absolutely no time for any fornicator who goes to events like this and asks why LJL can't finish. One person went on for about 10 minutes, can we not have someone moderate these forums properly?  

Had I not been doing these updates or been waiting for an answer to my questions, I'd have turned it off after the first question as it was clear what was going to happen AGAIN. A waste of everyone's time I'm afraid mate.

Thanks for the feedback though mate. Will take it on board and hope to change my attitude towards dickheads in future.

All the best.

out of interest what was the question you have tried two years to ask with out getting an answer.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 125
rancido
December 16, 2014, 8:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Unfortunately what happened is typical of these occasions. Instead of sensible questions about the club and it's way forward you get things like LJL's shooting ability and McKeown's thoughts on his goalkicking.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 125
GTFCNick
December 16, 2014, 8:25pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +65
Quoted from barralad

The actual question related to the fact that players have to warm up in a designated area but the area at GTFC is in front of where the disabled supporters sit and it is their view that is obscured. It appears the players can't go elsewhere and the fans can't either so a bit of an impasse. P.H. did mention that he thought it might come within Nick Dale's remit...

Unfortunately we have no say as this is stipulated by the FA. Players warming up are not allowed to be the same side as the lino and the linos are not allowed to change the side that they officiate over. I have already asked the FA this question in light of the obscured view that the disability supporters sometimes have.

Sorry it's not more helpful however our hands are tied by regulations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 125
LongEatonMariner
December 16, 2014, 8:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GTFCNick

Unfortunately we have no say as this is stipulated by the FA. Players warming up are not allowed to be the same side as the lino and the linos are not allowed to change the side that they officiate over. I have already asked the FA this question in light of the obscured view that the disability supporters sometimes have.

Thanks for taking the time to come on and answer though Nick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 125
BIGChris
December 16, 2014, 8:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GTFCNick

Would it not be possible to relocate the disabled supporters to say the Osmond for the vast majority of games?
It seems grossly unfair that they have someone stood in front of them for long periods of the game
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.