Marinerz93
December 18, 2014, 12:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from nickmariners

93 -- I believe that you may have confused "the Club" with the Trust in your opening paragraph.  

I hold my hands up and apologise, it's been an a extremely long day.  I support the trust and appreciate their hard work, sorry if I have caused any offence to trust members.  I think I'll go to bed.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 125
gobby
December 18, 2014, 4:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Marinerz93

I hold my hands up and apologise, it's been an a extremely long day.  I support the trust and appreciate their hard work, sorry if I have caused any offence to trust members. I think I'll go to bed.

And so you should with your tail between your legs don't forget your boots 'Pus sy'
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 125
barralad
December 18, 2014, 7:57am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,289
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Marinerz93

It doesn't matter where or who the questions come from if they are relevant to key points about the club. When JF outed his good self on here he answered a variety of questions and dodged the questions he didn't like, just as most politicians do.  The 'that's the last word on the matter' being a prime example.

As it is, I am a nobody who JF doesn't have to answer to, just like the other nobodies who didn't turn up and ask questions.

I've only ever been to two fans forums, the last being when AB was in charge and if it wasn't for AB it would have been boring as hell.

Maybe the trust could collate some questions next time with a preview on here to generate more interest, because as it is, not many people are interested and not many people feel they will get answers.

Well they certainly won't get answers if they don't ask the questions! As far as I'm aware the Trust did collate the questionswhich came in which takes me back to my original point. This thread has nine pages which suggests there is some interest....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 125
Garth
December 18, 2014, 9:32am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
As one of the old buffoons who had the cheek to stand up and ask a question that had not been vetted by certain members of the Fishy,  who could not be bothered to either submit a question pre forum or turn up on the night I was disappointed with the turn out, but more than happy with the panels response and the Trust`s organisation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 125
moosey_club
December 18, 2014, 10:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
I think the answers that some people may have liked to have asked would have been pointless as they would not have been answered or seemed as sensible maybe?

ie;
Will Paul Hurst be replaced if we do not achieve promotion?    Would we have got anything other than a wishy washy answer regards he has the backing of the board, it would have to be reviewed, as long as we are seen to be progressing..etc etc  I want a yes or no answer to that question not a politician style non commital answer.

Why is Paul Bignot still employed by the club when he is never considered for a starting place under any circumstances? He is a good pro, ready to step in when we need him to, its a squad game and he is part of that squad, trains well....yawn..

I will never know the answers because ...yes..i never bothered asking the question in the first place as i can take an educated guess as those would be the responses given.

No doubt others feel the same.  

Not slagging off the concept overall as i think it is great the club give an access opportunity, just look at Hereford and others of late who dont have a clue who is actually in charge of the club and get threats if they question people motives.

We are lucky in that respect so while its good to have access if need be maybe previous events and non commital answers have dampened interest.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 125
cleethorpes_mariner
December 18, 2014, 1:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from moosey_club
I think the answers that some people may have liked to have asked would have been pointless as they would not have been answered or seemed as sensible maybe?

ie;
Will Paul Hurst be replaced if we do not achieve promotion?    Would we have got anything other than a wishy washy answer regards he has the backing of the board, it would have to be reviewed, as long as we are seen to be progressing..etc etc  I want a yes or no answer to that question not a politician style non commital answer.

Do you think JF would say yes in front of PH when we are at the moment in a playoff place with a potential to get better, what answer would you expect to get from your employer if you went in to a meeting with a customer and they ask if you will be sacked if you don't achieve your task 100%. I would expect my managers backing until I have at least failed and not before.  

Why is Paul Bignot still employed by the club when he is never considered for a starting place under any circumstances? He is a good pro, ready to step in when we need him to, its a squad game and he is part of that squad, trains well....yawn..

Like it or not he is contracted to the club till the end of the season so if no one else wants him we are stuck till the contract expires or we pay him off. if he does not accept a lower payoff than his contract then we may as well keep him as backup

I will never know the answers because ...yes..i never bothered asking the question in the first place as i can take an educated guess as those would be the responses given.

No doubt others feel the same.  

Not slagging off the concept overall as i think it is great the club give an access opportunity, just look at Hereford and others of late who dont have a clue who is actually in charge of the club and get threats if they question people motives.

We are lucky in that respect so while its good to have access if need be maybe previous events and non commital answers have dampened interest.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 125
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.