Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Traffic Issue?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 382 Guests

Traffic Issue?

This thread currently has 9,266 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner83
December 15, 2014, 11:02am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ivanosandwich
I am not normally easily upset but the sight of this really upset me and did so for several hours after. A friend of mine has other information that suggests a 2 year old lost their life in this accident, although this is speculation and not confirmed, I really hope that is not the case.

Sadly it's true
[url=http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Boy-2-killed-M180-crash/story-25712100-detail/story.html]http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Boy-2-killed-M180-crash/story-25712100-detail/story.html[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
Garth
December 15, 2014, 11:58am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from promotion plaice

I blame the driver
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/34o29n7.jpg[/IMG]

Homeeeeeeeee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 70
Perkins
December 15, 2014, 12:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
3 times in how many months? If going slightly off route to pick players up is the problem let's stop it and managers for that matter.

Agree totally. the club/manager should insist that all squad players stay in Grimsby on the night prior to a game, then there would be no need to divert to pick up players en route to the game. I know you can't legislate for traffic hold ups but at least it would give the driver options. Should do it for home games also, didn't one of our players fail to make the start of a home game last season because he got stuck in traffic on the M62?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
grimsby pete
December 15, 2014, 1:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Terrible news about the little lad who lost his life in the accident,

Hurst said its just bad luck we have been delayed 3 times,

It's only a matter of time before the league start to fine us or even take points off us if it happens again,

I can not think of any club that has been late twice for a game never mind 3 times,

As a professional club we must look at this so we can avoid it happening again,

Somebody said we left 6 hours before KO for a 2 hour journey,

I am sure the team was not held up for 4 hours ,

Never mind what Hurst says, sort it out Mr Fenty,

Funny how John and most of the fans can get to these games in time.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 70
FishOutOfWater
December 15, 2014, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from rancido

Some common sense, at last, about a situation that is out of the clubs control. Sure , the club could have left earlier but who's to know they wouldn't have got caught up in another traffic jam or even involved in a RTA? Too many fans seem to want to blame the club for anything that happens, even those that are unpredictable. The saddening thing is that this was a road traffic accident and although I don't know the outcome it is quite possible there were casualties or even, God forbid , fatalities ! All this right on Christmas as well. This puts delaying the match or inconveniencing the fans in a different perspective , especially if one of their " nearest and dearest " had been involved.

I can't believe someone would give you an x  for posting this Rancido

Given the latest information, now confirmed about the young lad having lost his life and how this will impact on his immediate family for ever I find it completely despicable that someone has such a callous outlook on life and death. Shame on them
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 70
FishOutOfWater
December 15, 2014, 1:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from rancido

Some common sense, at last, about a situation that is out of the clubs control. Sure , the club could have left earlier but who's to know they wouldn't have got caught up in another traffic jam or even involved in a RTA? Too many fans seem to want to blame the club for anything that happens, even those that are unpredictable. The saddening thing is that this was a road traffic accident and although I don't know the outcome it is quite possible there were casualties or even, God forbid , fatalities ! All this right on Christmas as well. This puts delaying the match or inconveniencing the fans in a different perspective , especially if one of their " nearest and dearest " had been involved.

I can't believe someone would give you an x  for posting this Rancido

Given the latest information, now confirmed about the young lad having lost his life and how this will impact on his immediate family for ever  I find it completely despicable that someone has such a callous outlook on life and death. Shame on them
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 70
cleethorpes_mariner
December 15, 2014, 4:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from grimsby pete
Terrible news about the little lad who lost his life in the accident,

Hurst said its just bad luck we have been delayed 3 times,

It's only a matter of time before the league start to fine us or even take points off us if it happens again,

I can not think of any club that has been late twice for a game never mind 3 times,

As a professional club we must look at this so we can avoid it happening again,

Somebody said we left 6 hours before KO for a 2 hour journey,

I am sure the team was not held up for 4 hours ,

Never mind what Hurst says, sort it out Mr Fenty,

Funny how John and most of the fans can get to these games in time.

As it was said on the post match interview it was not the Scunthorpe accident that made them late but the second accident on the M1 just before the M66, unless you have a crystal ball who knows what the best way to get to a match would be.
we where lucky and chose the a46 and got there in time, but one accident on those single lane roads and we would have been stuffed.
for me 6 hours before KO is more than enough time to travel 120 miles

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
louth_in_the_south
December 15, 2014, 4:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,551
Gold Stars: 94
It's incompetence on the behalf of the coach company esp as it's happened 3 times this season . Any transport company with an ounce of professionalism should have transport managers who keep an eye on what's happening on the routes there vehicles are taking and reroute if necessary . Esp if they are time critical EG 3pm ko .

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 70
grimsby pete
December 15, 2014, 5:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221

for me 6 hours before KO is more than enough time to travel 120 miles

Obviously not , once is understandable, twice is unlucky, 3 times is just bad management ,

I am not calling the club, the coach company are the ones to blame

Four times and I bet we get a fine.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
Les Brechin
December 15, 2014, 6:56pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
It's incompetence on the behalf of the coach company esp as it's happened 3 times this season . Any transport company with an ounce of professionalism should have transport managers who keep an eye on what's happening on the routes there vehicles are taking and reroute if necessary . Esp if they are time critical EG 3pm ko .

Can they predict when and where there will be a fatal crash too?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Traffic Issue?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.