14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
January 7, 2015, 4:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from acko338
We make loads of chances, but need a natural goalscorer to take them.

We have completely changed how we play from when Hannah was on loan and scoring for fun, so he's out in the cold.

Get Scott Brown back fully fit & on form and this team will vastly improve - his injury and poor recovery from it has been noticeable in team play and tactics.

The spine was in place when he started this season in strong midfield form - took a lot of strain off Disley, worked well with Clay as well - gone down after his injury, in my own humble opinion, others may think differently !

Same happened to Scott Kerr last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 134
headingly_mariner
January 8, 2015, 9:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from acko338
We make loads of chances, but need a natural goalscorer to take them.

We have completely changed how we play from when Hannah was on loan and scoring for fun, so he's out in the cold.

Get Scott Brown back fully fit & on form and this team will vastly improve - his injury and poor recovery from it has been noticeable in team play and tactics.

The spine was in place when he started this season in strong midfield form - took a lot of strain off Disley, worked well with Clay as well - gone down after his injury, in my own humble opinion, others may think differently !

I think you are spot on regarding Brown, he has really struggled for form since his injury, I think it is a similar situation with clay who has been in and out with a few niggling injuries, I would say that Disley has been excellent since he came back in though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 134
January 8, 2015, 10:33am
Guest User
Quoted from SamTheMariner

Good, Hannah is sh!te.

Hannah is shite!!!!!!!!!  this from someone  with a picture of  the magnificent free scoring  LJL.  I assume its a joke
Reply: 122 - 134
mariner91
January 8, 2015, 11:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,543
Gold Stars: 258
Quoted from 4055

Hannah is shite!!!!!!!!!  this from someone  with a picture of  the magnificent free scoring  LJL.  I assume its a joke

Maybe not free scoring but he's scored more than any other player in our league bar three.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 134
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 8, 2015, 1:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from mariner91

Maybe not free scoring but he's scored more than any other player in our league bar three.

Nine goals behind Akinde in the league and his 12 includes penalties. Hardly prolific but just about acceptable for a target man. Someone else alongside him should have scored as many if not more by now.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 134
ginnywings
January 8, 2015, 1:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 548

Nine goals behind Akinde in the league and his 12 includes penalties. Hardly prolific but just about acceptable for a target man. Someone else alongside him should have scored as many if not more by now.

Therein lies the problem. LJL has many assets but prolific goalscorer isn't one of them. Someone alongside him with the same amount plus a few more from midfield/defence would see us top of the table.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 134
mariner91
January 8, 2015, 2:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,543
Gold Stars: 258

I agree to an extent. Only Disley and LJL have been doing enough in the goalscoring stakes so far this season. LJL's goals with a couple of extra each from the other attacking players would have put us in a much better position. I think LJL will end up just shy of 20 for the season but considering not even Reddy or Lump got more than that I'd say that is more than acceptable. Certainly expecting a target man to be scoring many more than 12 (plus the 2 in other competitions) at this stage of the season is asking a bit much in my opinion.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 134
BIGChris
January 8, 2015, 2:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6

Nine goals behind Akinde in the league and his 12 includes penalties.
Hardly prolific but just about acceptable for a target man. Someone else alongside him should have scored as many if not more by now.

Genuine question; How many of Akinde's goals have been penalties? I dont know the answer but Barnet seem to get a lot of penalties
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 134
AdamHaddock
January 8, 2015, 3:59pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,798
Gold Stars: 25

Twelve goals for a target man halfway through the season is well above par.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 134
Maringer
January 8, 2015, 4:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,375
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from BIGChris

Genuine question; How many of Akinde's goals have been penalties? I dont know the answer but Barnet seem to get a lot of penalties

He's scored 6 penalties in the Conference this season. Therefore, he's only scored 15 goals this season as, apparently, penalties don't count towards a striker's tally.

I read it in this thread so it must be true.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 134
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town to Sign OIlie Palmer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.