Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans saga.........
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 352 Guests

Ched Evans saga.........

This thread currently has 16,622 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
January 8, 2015, 12:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
The Fishy would go into meltdown if we even expressed an interest  
Personally I'd love to see him join us but there's no chance.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 135
dapperz fun pub
January 8, 2015, 12:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Doctor Sanchez
Sign him up!  He could be a new Lee Hughes, feeding off the abuse he gets to perform better.  Hughes' crime was much worse yet he's still been able come back and complete a pretty successful career.  It personally doesn't bother me if Evans was a convicted rapist or not, I don't know him personally and neither am I ever going to.  I don't want to.  But if he'd be willing to put in a shift for the club then why should we care about what goes on in his life outside of football.  There is already a long-established justice system to take of criminals, it shouldn't be anybody else's business to take of it.

I'm desperate to get out of this league but not at any price , that post is awful fella
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 135
Biccys
January 8, 2015, 12:32pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Chosing "what's worse" between rape and murder isn't a discussion I'd want to see on here.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 135
LH
January 8, 2015, 12:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
He's making an announcement this afternoon - retirement?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 135
RoboCod
January 8, 2015, 12:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Biccys
Chosing "what's worse" between rape and murder isn't a discussion I'd want to see on here.....

I think the football authorities have maybe answered that anyway. Hughes was allowed to play on, Evans wasn't / isn't.
Far too many grey areas, and rules that are seemingly made up on the hoof.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 135
ginnywings
January 8, 2015, 12:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Doctor Sanchez
Sign him up!  He could be a new Lee Hughes, feeding off the abuse he gets to perform better.  Hughes' crime was much worse yet he's still been able come back and complete a pretty successful career.  It personally doesn't bother me if Evans was a convicted rapist or not, I don't know him personally and neither am I ever going to.  I don't want to.  But if he'd be willing to put in a shift for the club then why should we care about what goes on in his life outside of football.  There is already a long-established justice system to take of criminals, it shouldn't be anybody else's business to take of it.

No it wasn't. The consequences of the crime were worse but not the actual crime itself. Evans is a sex offender and if he was a bin man, you wouldn't want him living next door to you, never mind playing for your local team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 135
FishOutOfWater
January 8, 2015, 12:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Town's decision not to pursue interest in him seems to have gone down well here

https://twitter.com/RadicalFeminist/status/553155532924940288
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 135
geir
January 8, 2015, 1:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from punk mariner
there's a huge amount that could be said on this issue. personally I do not believe that, as a convicted rapist, Evans should be allowed to play football professionally again and would not want him at GTFC EVEN if it guaranteed promotion. I think Football 365 summed it up perfectly:

"Employing Evans sends a deeply flawed message. It declares that as long as you are gifted you are untouchable, that being good at football gives you an automatic right to be a footballer. And that we care more about our team winning a match than anything else."

Fact is: he has served his time for the crime! So I don`t see any good reasons why he shouldn`t be allowed to continue with his trade. We all have things we are good at - and those are the things that we are most likely to do to earn ourselves a living. In Norway he wouldn`t be allowed to work for the police, in the schools or help-centers for abused women. Otherwise - I see no problem with him working as a footballer. I guess he would regret it if he got an urge to try to rape a footballer in the shower.
The alternative is for people to have him go unemployed and be paid by the social services. Do you really prefer to pay for his living through your taxes?

I would like to change the quote a little - imagine that he was a plumber: "Employing Evans sends a deeply flawed message. It declares that as long as you are good with your hands you are untouchable, that being good at plumbing gives you an automatic right to be a plumber."

The only reason why this is a discussion at all is because he is a "famous person" - this would be no problem if he was a plumber. He didn`t get a life-sentence and society have punished him for what the justice system thought that he did. If people think that is unfair - you should lengthen the time that has to be served for that particular crime and not continue the punishment outside of the prison walls.

And that is exactly why Grimsby Town should employ him if he wanted to come here!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 135
Doctor Sanchez
January 8, 2015, 1:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

No it wasn't. The consequences of the crime were worse but not the actual crime itself. Evans is a sex offender and if he was a bin man, you wouldn't want him living next door to you, never mind playing for your local team.

Well I meant worse as in the size of the punishment that was handed out.  I'm still a believer in giving people a second chance in life if they've taken the punishment for their mistakes.    

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 135
sam gy
January 8, 2015, 1:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
People who would rather a football team they support get promoted at any cost, need to take a long hard look at themselves.

As a male, I cannot and wouldn't even try and speak on behalf of the female gender, but, like many people, I have female relatives. The issue of rape needs to be taken way more seriously than it is....any team taking him on is bad enough for me, but what kind of a message would it be projecting onto our younger, local males? I don't care if he's done his time or not, the thought of my sisters/nieces, etc, growing up in a town where a couple of thousand people celebrate a convicted rapist is one I do not wish to entertain. Ever.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ched Evans saga.........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.