BIGChris
January 24, 2015, 7:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Never in doubt!

Laboured in the first half and Macca made a great save when one on one.  JPP made space for himself and slammed a effort against the bar but frankly we hadn't created much.

We got better in the second half, movement much better off the ball and Zlatan began to be such a great influence on the game. His effort struck the post ( probably should have scored) Arnold's follow up from the edge of the box was pushed out but 3rd time lucky fell to the Pope to hammer home. He and the rest of the team were delighted but he got cautioned for celebrating.. The worlds gone mad!

After that we looked in control. Zlatan, Clay and later Paddy all had chances before Toto rose like a salmon to head down for Hannah to flick home from 3 yards with his back to goal.

Nuneaton on that showing will struggle. There number 5 by far there best player.

Not fantastic but 3 points on a difficult pitch. One ball just leapt a metre in the air from a divot.

Magnay made a mistake today and also I saw a fishy poster wearing the worst coat I have ever seen

A word about the officials. I cannot understand how he can stop the game when we are on huge attack,3 against 3 and he calls it back because someone's boot has come off on the half way line. That starts a hell of a precedent. Next time a team is attacking take a boot off and the game stops allowing you to regroup!!!

Hope to be able to get to Eastleigh for Tuesday
Private Message
bobbyturtle
January 24, 2015, 8:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
clean sheet, 3 points, job done, well done lads.
on to the next one. utm

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
chaos33
January 24, 2015, 8:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from BIGChris
Never in doubt!

Laboured in the first half and Macca made a great save when one on one.  JPP made space for himself and slammed a effort against the bar but frankly we hadn't created much.

We got better in the second half, movement much better off the ball and Zlatan began to be such a great influence on the game. His effort struck the post ( probably should have scored) Arnold's follow up from the edge of the box was pushed out but 3rd time lucky fell to the Pope to hammer home. He and the rest of the team were delighted but he got cautioned for celebrating.. The worlds gone mad!

After that we looked in control. Zlatan, Clay and later Paddy all had chances before Toto rose like a salmon to head down for Hannah to flick home from 3 yards with his back to goal.

Nuneaton on that showing will struggle. There number 5 by far there best player.

Not fantastic but 3 points on a difficult pitch. One ball just leapt a metre in the air from a divot.

Magnay made a mistake today and also I saw a fishy poster wearing the worst coat I have ever seen

A word about the officials. I cannot understand how he can stop the game when we are on huge attack,3 against 3 and he calls it back because someone's boot has come off on the half way line. That starts a hell of a precedent. Next time a team is attacking take a boot off and the game stops allowing you to regroup!!!

Really he should be disciplined for that boot decision. That's farcical.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
A.l.f.
January 24, 2015, 8:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Yes I agree Chris - We were not at our best and they were poor.  Thought some of our players were coasting in the first half but thankfully they stepped it up second half.
Another poor referee who got several decisions wrong.
A great turn out by the Town fans who outnumbered the home supporters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
bobbyturtle
January 24, 2015, 8:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from A.l.f.

A great turn out by the Town fans who outnumbered the home supporters.

The fans sounded awesome on the radio

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
moosey_club
January 24, 2015, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from BIGChris
Never in doubt!

Are you sure you were at the game today?
I usually hold a similar viewpoint to you after games but after reading the above report i have to question your judgement....   Must be hard getting old.  

Agree Nuneaton were poor yet they still managed 2 or 3 clearer cut chances than us,and from pretty basic poor defending.  Good save from Macca for the first one, stood up well making the striker bottle it...if that was the other way around we would be calling for the head of the striker.
Possible penalty shout when Palmer followed up on a Pitman effort but from our viewpoint hard to tell how clear cut.
Palmer was the pick of the bunch for me and the only one who looked like being able to create something, first half he probably over thought and tried to lay off to colleagues rather than realising the time and space he had for himself.
Ineffective wingers on either side, i can only recall one cross by Makreth today in 90 mins, and that was second half late on and Arnold looks like he could start a fight in a phone box at the moment.
Definately need a left back to release Magnay who was again largely untroubled although the lively Nardiello who they have just taken from Stoke certainly raised his stakes.....but without him on the right we are too lightweight.
Definately need the addition of winger(s) too.

UTM.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
barralad
January 24, 2015, 8:44pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Agree with pretty much all of that-hope it wasn't my coat!

In the first half they looked like a team that had played for two hours on Wednesday. Whatever Hurst said at half time struck a cord and they played with much more tempo.
Palmer is fast becoming a cult figure. The lad clearly loves playing and for someone supposedly lacking in match fitness never stopped running. It is nice to see a Town forward not scared to have a shot regardless of distance/angle.
Pearson, Toto and Magnay were class. Parslow improved after a hesitant start.
Paddy put in some decent dead balls in his time on the pitch-certainly better than Arnold...
Disappointed with Clay and Mackreth (again)
Macca produced two trademark saves to keep the scores level in the first half...    

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
Mariner Timsky
January 24, 2015, 8:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Back in Northampton, nice easy trip on the train.

Ace turn out today from the black n white army, my uncle said 986 attendance and 400 odd from town but no way did they have over 500!!

First half we battled and played like them and both teams could of scored one or even two, Macca MOM for me, , Second half we stepped up and once we got the goal we looked confident and almost showed a bit of 'swagger' and with 16 Cup Finals to go a bit of 'swagger' is what we need.

Overall a good day out a good away day and a great week, , another 6 points this time next week will be perfect!!

UTMM

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
Mariner Timsky
January 24, 2015, 8:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
, , and no Brown, Nielson or LJL in the squad today and we got the points needed. Keep it going Town; , , very impressed with Zlatan, , looks decent and puts in a good shift

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
cleethorpes_mariner
January 24, 2015, 9:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Spoke to one of their directors after the game and she said it was 980 with at least 550 town fans they knew off (there was a few town fans in the home end)

poor pitch made for a scrappy game, Linesman on one side was watching a different game as the chap who had a 1 on 1 with Mac was 5 yards at least offside. he also gave god knows how many throw ins the wrong way to the displeasure of Pearson who at one point resorted to some choice words .

They looked poor and we looked like a team who have played 3 games in a week.
I must also say Palmer is for me looking like a great signing, lets hope he stays till the end of the season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.