This thread currently has 1,410 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
RoboCod
January 26, 2015, 1:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Not really sure what to make of this. Actually I am, but as a huge fan of Big Keith and great memories of what he did for us in a Town shirt I won't pass comment.
Apart from...its hideous
[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-30951625[/url]

Logged Offline
Private Message
gary_elton
January 26, 2015, 1:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Apart from the tribute to Keith... the rest of it is pants and belongs alongside a run down canal in a sh1t
little two-bit town... oh.. wait....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
ska face
January 26, 2015, 2:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
So a project carried out by vulnerable local young people, presumably for free, is now getting national media coverage based on the opinions of a couple of gobshites on facebook.

Just imagine being one of the people who stood out in the cold for however long, and now seeing something you've done getting absolutely panned for no real reason. People expect young people to help out & try to improve their communities, then they get cained for it and exploited for cheap hits! There's no wonder there's such a reluctance from people to get involved in projects like this.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
MarinerWY
January 26, 2015, 2:40pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from ska face
So a project carried out by vulnerable local young people, presumably for free, is now getting national media coverage based on the opinions of a couple of gobshites on facebook.

Just imagine being one of the people who stood out in the cold for however long, and now seeing something you've done getting absolutely panned for no real reason. People expect young people to help out & try to improve their communities, then they get cained for it and exploited for cheap hits! There's no wonder there's such a reluctance from people to get involved in projects like this.

This x 1000. Well put ska face.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
BeijingMariner
January 26, 2015, 2:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MarinerWY

This x 1000. Well put ska face.

totally agreed. I like it, but that's not the point. Ska Face's point is the point.
plenty of walls in Grimbo that would look much better if you let some kids loose on them
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
RoboCod
January 26, 2015, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Nothing wrong with street art in the right place, I think there's better places for it than the football ground however. Sincil Bank area needs improving massively in the same way that some surrounding areas of BP does, but personally I wouldn't want to see this outside BP.
Obviously dividing opinion though, as art will always do.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
moosey_club
January 26, 2015, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
As a former exponent of the "art" i like the idea, probably would have connected with more people if club colours and historical images that are easily recognisable to the Lincoln public had been used, however as Ska has mentioned it was youth trying to do something positive so it really shouldnt be knocked.
I wonder if they did any consultation with what people may like to see in a mural first?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
dapperz fun pub
January 26, 2015, 7:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Anything to do with big keef is ok by me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincolns football linked erm...street art

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.