Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we do it?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 228 Guests

Can we do it?

This thread currently has 6,696 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc_david
January 27, 2015, 3:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -23
What does everyone think about out chances of the title?

IMO i think we will do it, it will obviously be a struggle but if Hurst keeps his cool, and plays the right teams for each remaining game, i genuinely think we will do it, Barnet seem to be dropping points here and there, and with our games in hand that would put us just 6 points behind them, and if they keep going how they have in recent weeks, and we take advantage, the title is ours.
BUT this is only if every single player puts 110% in their game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
January 27, 2015, 3:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,385
Gold Stars: 527
ask me after tonight!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
AdamHaddock
January 27, 2015, 3:07pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Unlikely. I think we'll have a strong finish to the season and consolidate our play off place but points dropped earlier on have left us with too much to do finish top. Happy to be proven wrong though...

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
cmackenzie4
January 27, 2015, 3:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
I'd love to see us do it, but I feel we've left it a little too late, it will be either Barnet or Bristol who will get that top spot in my opinion, But with the squad we have now we are more than capable in the play offs..barring injuries and suspensions of course.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
horsforthmariner
January 27, 2015, 3:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
worst odds are 7/1 but I think that's about right. I think it's unlikely and we do need a Mansfield type run which is very rare.

However I reckon we have a really good chance in the play offs. We've lost against the rubbish sides not the good ones. It seems on good pitches against open sides we have more quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
ackomariner
January 27, 2015, 3:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from gtfc_david
What does everyone think about out chances of the title?

IMO i think we will do it, it will obviously be a struggle but if Hurst keeps his cool, and plays the right teams for each remaining game, i genuinely think we will do it, Barnet seem to be dropping points here and there, and with our games in hand that would put us just 6 points behind them, and if they keep going how they have in recent weeks, and we take advantage, the title is ours.
BUT this is only if every single player puts 110% in their game.

IMHO ,, no we won't win it as champions, we needed players like what we've signed at pre season, so to much of an ask but these are my thoughts.
But I'm more confident about reaching the playoffs and succeeding in them this year

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
Fcukthescunts
January 27, 2015, 3:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Think Brizzle will do it. I think we will get around 38-40 points out remaining games which will be comfortable into play off places. I think we will make the final and then it's just the case of which team turns up on the day Come on Town make this our season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Doctor Sanchez
January 27, 2015, 3:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
[img]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/55269689.jpg[/img]

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
oldun
January 27, 2015, 3:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
If people think Bristol can do it, then we have as much of a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
ginnywings
January 27, 2015, 3:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Think Brizzle will do it. I think we will get around 38-40 points out remaining games which will be comfortable into play off places. I think we will make the final and then it's just the case of which team turns up on the day Come on Town make this our season

We are averaging 1.75 points a game over the season, which if carried on would yield another 28ish points over 16 games. That would give us 81 points and enough for a play off spot IMO. Anything more would just alter where we finished from 5th to 2nd as i can't see us winning the league now. It's a big jump in form to get to 38/40 points from 16 games.

I live in hope as ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we do it?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.