Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we do it?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 242 Guests

Can we do it?

This thread currently has 6,698 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GyMariner
January 27, 2015, 4:50pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
The bottom line is, we can't afford to drop any more points. As soon as we lose/draw a game and Bristol/barnet win, then we've basically ended our chances to an extent haven't we?
Although i think we are capable of going on a run, I think there is also a 'good' chance that we will not get 3 points tonight.

The players need to have the mentality of the fans and just go out their and do it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
chaos33
January 27, 2015, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from ginnywings

We are averaging 1.75 points a game over the season, which if carried on would yield another 28ish points over 16 games. That would give us 81 points and enough for a play off spot IMO. Anything more would just alter where we finished from 5th to 2nd as i can't see us winning the league now. It's a big jump in form to get to 38/40 points from 16 games.

I live in hope as ever.

Totally agree. Anyway, we'll see in good time. There will be a very different mood on here if the results tonight and Saturday are not what we're all hoping for. No doubt we'll go from boundless over optimism to unrestrained doom - neither of which extremes I go along with.

I think we're all sort of expecting Town not to have a case of 'the emperor's new clothes' and we take a real step away from some of our shortcomings. I've got an open mind and am hopeful, but I worry about tactics and selections, and getting the best out of the players we've got. Let's see...

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
pontoonlew
January 27, 2015, 5:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Do we have the squad to do it now? I'd suggest we probably do.

Do we have the man in charge to utilize such squad and win it? I'm almost certain we don't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
GiveUsAG
January 27, 2015, 7:07pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
CAN we do it? Yes, we CAN, whether we will or won't? Only time will tell.

It is certainly possible, and I've always said that if it's mathematically possible, then there is always hope and as fans, we should always hope for the best.

I'm hoping for the best! Onwards and upwards you Mariners!  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
mike_d
January 27, 2015, 9:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +383
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from oldun
If people think Bristol can do it, then we have as much of a chance

Yeah, that one extra point they have really makes them much more likely to do it, even with our 8 goal bigger goal difference, before we've started scoring properly,eh?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
mike_d
January 27, 2015, 9:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +383
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from pontoonlew
Do we have the squad to do it now? I'd suggest we probably do.

Do we have the man in charge to utilize such squad and win it? I'm almost certain we don't.

He had nothing to do with signing a genuine left footed corner taking defender, thus releasing our best player to play on the right, and he certainly didn't sign or play our goal scorer tonight, did he?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
grimsby pete
January 27, 2015, 10:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
With the new signings we have a really strong squad,

So yes we can.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
chicaneuk
January 27, 2015, 10:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
Feeling a lot more upbeat and optimistic than I have in a few months I have to say. We sounded great tonight and hope that'll only get better as the new signings gel with the existing squad. Must be some real positivity and optimism in the dressing room at the minute!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
Marinerz93
January 27, 2015, 10:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I'm starting to sway towards 'it is possible', mainly because of the way we are getting stuck in, this is becoming more like the Town sides we used to know and love (before the decline).

I even sensed some positivity from Hurst in his interview and that gave me more confidence that we are gaining momentum.

This is key going into the business end of the season, Barnet seem to be wilting, Brizze rovers peaked but I feel they will run out of steam.

'Can we do it' , we will if we carry on like this renewed Town side are playing.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
MeanwoodMariner
January 27, 2015, 10:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
We definitely need to go on a Mansfield type run if we are to win it. The last 3 victories - and the manner of those 3 wins - makes me think it is possible, unlikely but possible. UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we do it?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.