Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we do it?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 308 Guests

Can we do it?

This thread currently has 6,713 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
EY Mariner
January 27, 2015, 10:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GyMariner
The bottom line is, we can't afford to drop any more points. As soon as we lose/draw a game and Bristol/barnet win, then we've basically ended our chances to an extent haven't we?
Although i think we are capable of going on a run, I think there is also a 'good' chance that we will not get 3 points tonight.

The players need to have the mentality of the fans and just go out their and do it.

I actually think there is a bit of leeway, but not much. Barnet have been consistently getting an average of just over two points per game all season and are currently on course to get around 93 points. To beat that, after tonight, would mean we need to get 38 out of the 45 points still available. That's a tall order but the pressure will only grow on Barnet. Having been at the top all season, it's theirs to lose to an extent. Let's see how they handle the pressure on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
GrimRob
January 27, 2015, 10:36pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
With every win the maths generally moves in our favour. I still think if we don't win the league having the second play-off game at BP will be to our advantage, for which we need to finish second or third. It certainly has been in the past!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 40
gtfc98
January 27, 2015, 10:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Ask me again after Saturday! It's the poor sides we struggle against, especially at home

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
LH
January 27, 2015, 10:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from GrimRob
With every win the maths generally moves in our favour.

No way?!
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
Marinerz93
January 27, 2015, 10:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from LH

No way?!

Way  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
GrimRob
January 27, 2015, 10:42pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LH

No way?!

Well it doesn't when the teams above us also win. In terms of winning the league we'd be better off drawing and the others losing than all of us winning!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 40
sparko501
January 27, 2015, 11:33pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
I don't know about anyone else but I've not felt this kind of buzz at this point of the season for quite a while. It may be just the aftermath of winning tonight but I kinda have the feeling we actually might do it this season.

Maybe not as champions but a deffo strong play off place.  It seems to me that the camp is well up for everything that is thrown at us and the recent signings have made that even greater.  We have a great squad at the moment just hope no injuries etc get in the way, we could really do with Barnet and the other 'bigger boys' slipping up now and we just keep our heads and pick up those precious points UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
EY Mariner
January 27, 2015, 11:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Not only that, but I'm sure Barnet will be tested with bids for Akinde before the end of the transfer window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
lee65
January 27, 2015, 11:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
The first half tonight was excellent in every aspect apart from killing the game off. If (and its a bit of an unrealistic if) we played like that for the rest of the season then no one in this league would compete with us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
sparko501
January 27, 2015, 11:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
Quoted from EY Mariner
Not only that, but I'm sure Barnet will be tested with bids for Akinde before the end of the transfer window.

Good point, I just hope we keep our 'Akinde's' too  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we do it?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.