Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you owned Grimsby Town FC ......
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 126 Guests

If you owned Grimsby Town FC ......

This thread currently has 7,557 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
February 26, 2015, 9:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Just for fun while it's a bit quiet.

Let's suppose your ship came in this week and the biggest Euromillions jackpot ever was all yours to play with. You can do as you have always dreamed and own the club you have supported and loved since being an infant. What would you do?

Apart from hot Bovril and better toilets, how would you take the club forward?
Where would you locate a new ground? Or would you re-vamp the BP you have cherished all these years?
Is there a manager you would entice to Grimsby?
Are there players you think could get the club straight out of the Conference and up the leagues?
What would be your realistic ambition for the club?

To be fair, hot Bovril and better toilets would be a huge step forward.

If money really was no object I would build a "Fishing heritage" stadium on the docks; new stadium to be shaped like a trawler and have the Buckley stand as the home end, and a Bill Shankly stand and a Mcmenemy stand. The stadium restaurant would serve the finest fish dishes known to man with porthole windows overlooking the pitch, and the site would include wet fish shops and something like Steels world famous fish and chip shop.

I would get the best manager money could buy, and get him to change his name by deed poll to Buckley, and then buy players to play the Buckley way.

Fentys benign loans would be paid back at 50 pence a week, and he would become the clubs new official handyman complete with uniform and oversize gloves.

Prices would be subsidised to ensure 15k went every week.

I reckon my plan is a winner but the only trouble is I don't even play the lottery which is a shame.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 55
promotion plaice
February 26, 2015, 9:16pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from BIGChris
Make JF an offer for his shares/debt.

Clear every penny of other borrowing.

Talk to Paul Fletcher( former CEO of Burnley & Bolton) and one of the most knowledgable people I know about football and football clubs. Taking advice on board I would pay top dollar for the best, forward thinking exec I could find.

Push on with the stadium

Incentivise fans over pricing, I.e. Sell 4000 season tickets at one price & 5000 season tickets @ a lesser price.

Every 5 yr old in the area to get a free Town goody bag contains something like a shirt or track suit top but various smaller items. Set up reward schemes for them to attend with their family.

Everything would be geared towards  developing a real community club

Huge investment in the academy, including facilities, residential hostel for youth team. Attract the best local kids and the best youngsters released from Prem clubs. Look into the Southampton model for youth set up

Training ground revamp with emphasis on sports science, strength and conditioning coaches

Enough money provided to be top budget in the league but again more would be provided if the fans show their commitment with season tickets shirt sales etc.

No involvement in what players we sign as that isthe managers job!

All good fun but I will never win the lottery

All that and free entry to the Fishy Pontoon Buster Game ( present Fishy members only ) with a £50,000 prize pot.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 55
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2015, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from LH
BIGChris for FIFA president!

After he's been chair of GTFC and taken us to Champions League glory.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 55
Nelly GTFC
February 26, 2015, 9:35pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
In the first year of taking over, I would give EVERYONE a free season ticket, to make a small compensation for the excrement people have had to put up with over the last 15 years or so.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 55
moosey_club
February 26, 2015, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
1. Register myself as a player.
2. Make myself captain.
3. Sign friends and family as players.
4. Re-name the ground.
5. Have one season pretending to be a footballer.

6. Sell the club the next season for £1 to suitable interested parties which would include £30m funding for the new owners to develop the club.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 55
kingster72
February 26, 2015, 10:21pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
The 1st and most important job of anyone taking control, would be to rid us of Lord Fenty once and for all.  He is solely responsible for the clubs 10 year decline and where this club currently is.  The sooner he is gone the better, so please someone win euro millions and invest in GTFC, so the good times can at last return that JF has taken away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 55
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2015, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from kingster72
The 1st and most important job of anyone taking control, would be to rid us of Lord Fenty once and for all.  He is solely responsible for the clubs 10 year decline and where this club currently is.  The sooner he is gone the better, so please someone win euro millions and invest in GTFC, so the good times can at last return that JF has taken away.

You'll get loads of red crosses for radical views like that  
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 55
gaz57
February 27, 2015, 12:44am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
1. Register myself as a player.
2. Make myself captain.
3. Sign friends and family as players.
4. Re-name the ground.
5. Have one season pretending to be a footballer.

6. Sell the club the next season for £1 to suitable interested parties which would include £30m funding for the new owners to develop the club.

Numbers 1,2,3 and 5 makes me think your real identity is Mike Lyons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 55
Abdul19
February 27, 2015, 12:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I'd appoint 80sglory as manager.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 55
Green27
February 27, 2015, 7:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Build a training ground with the best facilities.

Buy all the houses behind the Main Stand rotate the pitch 90 degrees use the Findus as an end stand and build larger stands either side and construct a covered grass bank at the end with heaters lots of heaters.

Every summer plan a huge summer beach football tournament for local and national teams to compete in.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you owned Grimsby Town FC ......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.