3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
February 28, 2015, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Wait till he's played a couple seasons see if he keeps up that sort of record, if h does I would have him back no problem, no point saying Hurst made a big mistake letting him go after a single season

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Maringer
February 28, 2015, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,469
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from ackomariner

Can't really rave on about our own strikers can we......dreadful again today but still got 80 mins on the pitch.

Sure Hannah could do better than lewis atm, but won't get to chance to show it

Ah, you're back onto LJL again then.

He was very poor today, no doubt. Pittman was even worse, but there you go. Jolley didn't do any better than them when he came on either which is a bit disappointing as well.

I don't doubt Palmer would have been brought on for LJL at some point had he been properly fit, but it seems sensible to me to be careful when players are recovering from hamstring injuries. Hannah simply doesn't play the same role as LJL so would never be brought on as a like-for-like replacement. To tell the truth, the way that our wingers and forwards were playing today, I doubt that any of the subs could have made much of a difference. It was a really dire performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2015, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer

He was very poor today, no doubt. Pittman was even worse, but there you go. Jolley didn't do any better than them when he came on either which is a bit disappointing as well.

I don't doubt Palmer would have been brought on for LJL at some point had he been properly fit, but it seems sensible to me to be careful when players are recovering from hamstring injuries. Hannah simply doesn't play the same role as LJL so would never be brought on as a like-for-like replacement. To tell the truth, the way that our wingers and forwards were playing today, I doubt that any of the subs could have made much of a difference. It was a really dire performance.

He was average at Barnet and poor Tuesday and today. If we didn't have other options then ok, but we have and at most other clubs, a striker who hasn't scored from open play for 2 months would be dropped, no matter what he brings.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
KingstonMariner
February 28, 2015, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I'm pleased for the lad but the idea that Southwell would have fired us out of this league is a tad optimistic to say the least!

No, because Hurst wouldn't have picked him. Can't be doing with strikers bagging hatfuls of goals can we.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
ackomariner
February 28, 2015, 11:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Maringer

I just can't understand how he keeps his place however bad he is. You can't really moan about Pittman he's just coming back from an injury, jolleys not fit, but you've got other players sat on the bench itching for a game.

Just can't get my head round it. Hannah can have a bad ten mins then we don't see him for another six games, neilson the same when he was here, paddy the same..........

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
MeanwoodMariner
February 28, 2015, 11:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from fleabag1970

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Did I say that ????????????? NO ...................................... FFS does anyone  actually read the posts

Well, in a thread exclusively about Southwell you said: "That is 20+ this season .................... Rough Diamond let go ....................New Stadium ? Just give me someone who can fire us out this league ." You'll have to forgive me for assuming that your post was in some way connected to all the other posts in the thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.