Reply: 1 - 25
RichMariner
February 28, 2015, 5:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,133
Gold Stars: 209
Have you seen Boston's home record just recently? Their last 6 results have been:

5-3
5-1
5-0
1-1
5-0
5-2

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Tinymariner
February 28, 2015, 5:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
He's found his level, good on him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
ginnywings
February 28, 2015, 6:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RichMariner
Have you seen Boston's home record just recently? Their last 6 results have been:

5-3
5-1
5-0
1-1
5-0
5-2

Bet that didn't happen when Hurst was manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
jimgtfc
February 28, 2015, 6:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
If he had a different name and wasn't an ex town player we'd all be clamouring for us to sign him, same as any player scoring goals at that level... ala Ricky Miller, Omar Bogle, Liam Hearn to name 3.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
KingstonMariner
February 28, 2015, 6:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Maybe that's why Hurst got rid of him.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
fivestarfish
February 28, 2015, 6:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +23 / -20
Approval: +3
Every dog has his day  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
fleabag1970
February 28, 2015, 6:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
That is 20+ this season .................... Rough Diamond let go ....................New Stadium ? Just give me someone who can fire us out this league .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
MeanwoodMariner
February 28, 2015, 6:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from fleabag1970
That is 20+ this season .................... Rough Diamond let go ....................New Stadium ? Just give me someone who can fire us out this league .

I'm pleased for the lad but the idea that Southwell would have fired us out of this league is a tad optimistic to say the least!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
Garth
February 28, 2015, 6:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from fivestarfish
Every dog has his day  

Meaning?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
headingly_mariner
February 28, 2015, 6:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Might be worth signing him at the end of the season, he needed a clear run of games and wasn't ready without that experience, probably done him the world of good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
ackomariner
February 28, 2015, 6:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Might be worth signing him at the end of the season, he needed a clear run of games and wasn't ready without that experience, probably done him the world of good.

Would you sign again under hurst to be sat on the bench......I wouldnt

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
headingly_mariner
February 28, 2015, 6:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ackomariner

Would you sign again under hurst to be sat on the bench......I wouldnt

Hurst gave him 2 professional contracts and his first games in pro football. I would imagine he would come back to town full time if he got the offer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2015, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Hurst gave him 2 professional contracts and his first games in pro football. I would imagine he would come back to town full time if he got the offer.

Doubt that very much.  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Maringer
February 28, 2015, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
excrement game today, but a third consecutive victory which takes us up to third in the table. I'm quite pleased about this, to tell the truth.

Why some seem to be so interested in the form of players at a team in the division below, I'm not entirely sure. Seems odd to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
ackomariner
February 28, 2015, 7:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
excrement game today, but a third consecutive victory which takes us up to third in the table. I'm quite pleased about this, to tell the truth.

Why some seem to be so interested in the form of players at a team in the division below, I'm not entirely sure. Seems odd to me.

Can't really rave on about our own strikers can we......dreadful again today but still got 80 mins on the pitch.

Sure Hannah could do better than lewis atm, but won't get to chance to show it

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
February 28, 2015, 7:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from jimgtfc
If he had a different name and wasn't an ex town player we'd all be clamouring for us to sign him, same as any player scoring goals at that level... ala Ricky Miller, Omar Bogle, Liam Hearn to name 3.

You're not wrong mate. Definitely need to keep an eye on him, has he signed a new contract? I think he did. He'll be a different player now after being the star man at Boston, only a league below us all season. Whether he would want to come back to a club and a manager that didn't really give him a chance is debatable. But he looks a prospect now alright and I'm pleased for the lad.
Reply: 17 - 25
fleabag1970
February 28, 2015, 7:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I'm pleased for the lad but the idea that Southwell would have fired us out of this league is a tad optimistic to say the least!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Did I say that ????????????? NO ...................................... FFS does anyone  actually read the posts

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 28, 2015, 7:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Having watched Southwell he wasn't good enough at that time. if that changes at Boston then well done to him but he can only be judged at the time, there comes a point when a player just needs to move on and this was it. I'm sure he will return to the conference and will be a better player for his Boston experience.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
sonofmadeleymariner
February 28, 2015, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Wait till he's played a couple seasons see if he keeps up that sort of record, if h does I would have him back no problem, no point saying Hurst made a big mistake letting him go after a single season

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Maringer
February 28, 2015, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from ackomariner

Can't really rave on about our own strikers can we......dreadful again today but still got 80 mins on the pitch.

Sure Hannah could do better than lewis atm, but won't get to chance to show it

Ah, you're back onto LJL again then.

He was very poor today, no doubt. Pittman was even worse, but there you go. Jolley didn't do any better than them when he came on either which is a bit disappointing as well.

I don't doubt Palmer would have been brought on for LJL at some point had he been properly fit, but it seems sensible to me to be careful when players are recovering from hamstring injuries. Hannah simply doesn't play the same role as LJL so would never be brought on as a like-for-like replacement. To tell the truth, the way that our wingers and forwards were playing today, I doubt that any of the subs could have made much of a difference. It was a really dire performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2015, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer

He was very poor today, no doubt. Pittman was even worse, but there you go. Jolley didn't do any better than them when he came on either which is a bit disappointing as well.

I don't doubt Palmer would have been brought on for LJL at some point had he been properly fit, but it seems sensible to me to be careful when players are recovering from hamstring injuries. Hannah simply doesn't play the same role as LJL so would never be brought on as a like-for-like replacement. To tell the truth, the way that our wingers and forwards were playing today, I doubt that any of the subs could have made much of a difference. It was a really dire performance.

He was average at Barnet and poor Tuesday and today. If we didn't have other options then ok, but we have and at most other clubs, a striker who hasn't scored from open play for 2 months would be dropped, no matter what he brings.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
KingstonMariner
February 28, 2015, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

No, because Hurst wouldn't have picked him. Can't be doing with strikers bagging hatfuls of goals can we.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
ackomariner
February 28, 2015, 11:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

I just can't understand how he keeps his place however bad he is. You can't really moan about Pittman he's just coming back from an injury, jolleys not fit, but you've got other players sat on the bench itching for a game.

Just can't get my head round it. Hannah can have a bad ten mins then we don't see him for another six games, neilson the same when he was here, paddy the same..........

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
MeanwoodMariner
February 28, 2015, 11:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from fleabag1970

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Did I say that ????????????? NO ...................................... FFS does anyone  actually read the posts

Well, in a thread exclusively about Southwell you said: "That is 20+ this season .................... Rough Diamond let go ....................New Stadium ? Just give me someone who can fire us out this league ." You'll have to forgive me for assuming that your post was in some way connected to all the other posts in the thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.