Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 260 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 9,142 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
February 28, 2015, 6:04pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from gtfc82

So he has no idea what to do when he's either up front or on the wing? Pretty useless all round then!!  

I realise others have said he is clueless up front but that isn't my opinion...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
RichMariner
February 28, 2015, 6:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Weird one to sum up. We can't complain too much because we won, and that's now three on the bounce.

Think it's unfair to be too critical of Hurst tonight as he's delivering. It might not be with the style and arrogance that we want, but we can't have everything.

However I think we all feel and sense the same thing. We're not playing well, we're not attacking well and that's a bit of a worry because the way we played on Tuesday night and this afternoon isn't sustainable.

It's great that we've been winning, but we really need to improve our tactics in the final third. LJL's goals have run dry and we're relying on the likes of Disley, Arnold and Mackreth to chip in - as they should anyway, not just when your striker(s) go off the boil.

Anyway, well done to the players for grinding out three points despite stubborn opposition and a really dodgy ref. Job done. Let's prepare for Woking now.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
poomehellt
February 28, 2015, 6:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
How dare you call a young 24 year old prem linesman as the worst ref ever, he'll still be around in 30 years time doing his finest. He's reffed us before and you moaning gits never slagged him off then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 28, 2015, 6:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Hey, we won

Though must admit I fell asleep listening to Waldorf and statler on the wireless

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
ackomariner
February 28, 2015, 6:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from the driver
Slightly lucky to win Iam  convinced the ball was over the line for them in first half as were a few fans close to were I sit in the lower Findus have to agree about the ref why he booked Dis God only knows again a win is a win on we go

I was about ten feet away and the ball was on the line, not over it

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
ginnywings
February 28, 2015, 6:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,118
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from poomehellt
How dare you call a young 24 year old prem linesman as the worst ref ever, he'll still be around in 30 years time doing his finest. He's reffed us before and you moaning gits never slagged him off then.

What he did before has no bearing on what he did today, which was mainly rubbish. Wasn't a dirty game really, yet the cards just kept coming and he made some glaring errors.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
cmackenzie4
February 28, 2015, 6:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Hey, we won

Though must admit I fell asleep listening to Waldorf and statler on the wireless

"No No I won't have that there's a place in Eastbourne" anybody remember that classic from Waldorf salad?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Maringer
February 28, 2015, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Dreadful game, that. Pretty much all of our attacking players were hopeless today so it's not too surprising that we didn't manage to achieve anything up front. I also thought that Braintree had some pretty good defenders. Their No. 20 was excellent at the back, the No. 2 looked an excellent strong full-back and the big No. 6 had quite a bit of nouse, winning most of his headers with the assistance of clever nudges and pushes. A bit worrying that the forward to cause most trouble to defences today was their Number 9 who was better than any of our lot though he never looked like scoring either.

Disley was excellent today and scored another fantastic goal for us. The defence generally did well though there were a number of Toto moments, not least the ridiculous Keystone Kops scramble when they should have scored early on.

All in all, can't complain too much about a third win on the bounce, however it came.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
Garth
February 28, 2015, 7:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from gtfc82

So he has no idea what to do when he's either up front or on the wing? Pretty useless all round then!!  

Must admit I prefer Arnold
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Mighty_Mariner
February 28, 2015, 7:05pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from ginnywings
I can understand Hurst leaving Palmer on the bench and giving him a bit more recovery time but to bring on Parslow at home against Braintree when you are 1-0 up is typical for me of why the fans just never get behind Hurst. The front 2 were shocking and the ball just kept coming back time and again. Palmer would have put them under more pressure with his non stop style but maybe it wasn't worth the risk of further injury and we didn't need a goal, just someone to put his foot on the ball and calm it down. We lost most first balls and were usually second to the second balls. Fortunately, Braintree were very limited and couldn't take advantage. Think the lad was unlucky to be sent off, he just wanted it more.

Ref was as bad as i have seen and i've seen some dross down here.

Paul addressed that issue perfectly for me in his post match presser when he said the 3 points were the most important thing and sometimes you have to protect what you have. Premier league team do it week in week out.

What would your reaction be if he brought on Palmer for Lenny and we ended up drawing 1-1? Would you commend him for his substitution? I think not!

Totally the right decision for me - but each to their own.

UTM!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.