3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
March 1, 2015, 5:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
On the site Phil, go into member centre and click on language & theme mate and it's in there.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
chaos33
March 1, 2015, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Ta chaps. Done it. Sorted.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
Mariner Timsky
March 1, 2015, 5:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
While on the theme of iPhones, I have the player app to listen to the town games and watch highlights and the occasional press conference when I want the sound of Hurst instead of Ocean sounds to send me off to sleep, , anyway under the highlights section there is a whole host of past games I would love to be able to watch the highlights of, however they don't seem to want to play, they just load for ages and ages  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Peeler_Crab
March 1, 2015, 6:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
While on the theme of iPhones, I have the player app to listen to the town games and watch highlights and the occasional press conference when I want the sound of Hurst instead of Ocean sounds to send me off to sleep, , anyway under the highlights section there is a whole host of past games I would love to be able to watch the highlights of, however they don't seem to want to play, they just load for ages and ages  

Hahaa! That made me laugh

Seriously though, keep up the good work PH - I know you have your plan of how we will be successful (just hope it pays off)

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
GrimRob
March 1, 2015, 8:19pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
I changed it so the page should fit all on one page without having to zoom out or scroll. I didn't think it looked too bad on portrait (I have android don't have access to an iphone to test on), but obviously not everyone agrees.  

Anyone be more specific about what it is in the new look that doesn't look right? I know the buttons look a bit wonky and the quote blocks don't look quite right, but is there anything else? I can fix those two things.

I can easily revert to the old version if it is a show stopper.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 23
Maringer
March 1, 2015, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
On my android phone, each of the columns takes up 50 percent of the screen. This means that the column containing the text is much too narrow and only contains 1 or 2 words per line! Change it back to the way it was before. Only took a second to zoom out to view the whole screen so it wasn't any real problem!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
chaos33
March 1, 2015, 8:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Agree with Maringer.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
GrimRob
March 1, 2015, 9:26pm

Quoted from Maringer
On my android phone, each of the columns takes up 50 percent of the screen. This means that the column containing the text is much too narrow and only contains 1 or 2 words per line! Change it back to the way it was before. Only took a second to zoom out to view the whole screen so it wasn't any real problem!

You have to do it on every page though. The solution is to hide or shrink the left column in portrait mode.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 17 - 23
GrimRob
March 1, 2015, 10:06pm

Quoted from GrimRob

You have to do it on every page though. The solution is to hide or shrink the left column in portrait mode.

I have made the left column narrower and also the quote blocks have less padding so fit on better now. It looks better in portrait. I'll consider more improvements.

Let me know if anything does not look great.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 18 - 23
Maringer
March 1, 2015, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
Well, it is a little better than earlier, but worse than it previously was from my viewpoint. Sorting out the quote blocks has helped a good bit.

Not a real issue for me, however, as I generally access this site by PC and the odd occasion I use my phone, I can just use landscape mode.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fishy on iPhone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.