1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
March 26, 2015, 11:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,826
Gold Stars: 42
This is encouraging.  A Gateshead fan lives near to me, who goes up to watch them regularly.  (He had seen my GTFC stickers in the car on the driveway).  

He has been telling me how they are struggling for players.  I took it with a pinch of salt at this stage of the season.  Most teams are struggling a bit and have tired players.  

Today (Thu) he has emailed me with the the latest injury/suspension report.  This is shown below:  (Assuming it is true, It is a lot better for us than Gateshead having a fully-fit squad).

"We are down to the bare bones. We literally have a full team of first team players out. We have a striker playing centre-half, emergency loan 20 yr old keeper and a bunch of 17 year olds on the bench.  We now have to play two games a week. Our latest loan signing went and got himself a red card so he's out for 3 games. It's a miracle we are picking up anything.

I can't say that I'm looking forward to the trip to Grimsby".
  (My comment: Jon Shaw is the good striker playing at the back from what I can make out).
Logged Offline
Private Message
BeijingMariner
March 26, 2015, 11:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
we need all the help we can get. never like to see anyone struggle but its going to be our season so I dont mind the Heed's misfortune....
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
horsforthmariner
March 26, 2015, 11:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,580
Gold Stars: 9
Hopefully they are still in crisis next week but after that all there players make a dramatic recovery and they are at full strength against Barnet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
moosey_club
March 26, 2015, 11:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,180
Gold Stars: 224
No sympathy for them at all, sh/t pitch doesnt help them with fixtures and probably causing injuries in some instances i imagine, the amount of falling over they do probably causes additional wear and tear on their bodies.
I did read last week that John Shaw had played centre half and was apparently decent, ala Gary Jones & Gary Birtles.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
AdamHaddock
March 26, 2015, 2:58pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,795
Gold Stars: 25
Hopefully these injuries clear up before they play  Barnet on te last day

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
MrsMariner
March 26, 2015, 3:06pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Its a tough run in for Gateshead don't think they will make the playoffs this year, hope they pick up a few points though especially against Barnet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
KingstonMariner
March 26, 2015, 10:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
They'll probably be motivated to play out of their skins. Let's not get too hopeful about this - we've seen it happen before down here with teams scraping the barrel for fit players.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead struggling badly for players

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.