March 27, 2015, 2:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from psgmariner
Approved by the council.

I thought it was part funded by the council?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
psgmariner
March 27, 2015, 2:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from BIGChris

I thought it was part funded by the council?

Updates here. My colleague follows them and I wasn't really listening.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11884610.Crunch_meeting_on_Community_Stadium_plans/

Interstingly will be at Monk Cross which is already massively busy (even more than the rest of York) due to John Lewis etc opening up.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
TownSNAFU5
March 27, 2015, 2:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,848
Gold Stars: 42
Living in York, this is an ongoing saga, nearly as long as getting as our own new stadium.  

I am pleased for York City fans that I know, but it sticks in the throat when we have had so many delays with our new stadium.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
sutton mariner
March 27, 2015, 8:32pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Living in York, this is an ongoing saga, nearly as long as getting as our own new stadium.  

I am pleased for York City fans that I know, but it sticks in the throat when we have had so many delays with our new stadium.  

Big up the York massive!!

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Grim up north
March 27, 2015, 8:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
I see from the live link that the council bar one fully backed it ,would be interesting to see if anyone who has watched York in the last x amount of years is allowed to vote .? As that is what our council want again which along with a handful of vocal Nimbys on this is Grimsby could prove the downfall of what has the potentiall to be a quality asset to the area.Get yourself heard or I reckon we lose out again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
moosey_club
March 28, 2015, 8:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Grim up north
? As that is what our council want again which along with a handful of vocal Nimbys on this is Grimsby could prove the downfall of what has the potentiall to be a quality asset to the area.Get yourself heard or I reckon we lose out again.

Ignoring the fact we havnt got enough money to build it in the first place of course...or we dont actually have the land......or that we need to get a housing developer to get permission for a new estate as part of the package....

the council have so far granted permissions on this site to assist the club with time to plan and to discuss outline development to enable potential partners to come forward, as the club announced this week they still have a funding shortfall ( how much ...?? no ones saying are they? ) then i dont think the council can be shot at just yet.

I for one dont think NELC can assist in directly funding a stadium as that would fall upon the tax payers, giving up a piece of land on the cheap maybe but beyond that its the clubs baby, they need to demonstrate they have a truly viable scheme and when they can do that the full application can be heard and if properly done should fly through.

Has it been 12 months now that we have had agreements on this site? Are we anywhere nearer to actually having partners, a scheme, a viable plan?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
wigworld
March 28, 2015, 8:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
That bit of ring road near Monks Cross is a traffic nightmare at the best of times. I can't imagine how awful it will be if you add in a load of football traffic.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 11
lukeo
March 28, 2015, 9:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Quoted from wigworld
That bit of ring road near Monks Cross is a traffic nightmare at the best of times. I can't imagine how awful it will be if you add in a load of football traffic.  

they got no FANSSSSSSSSSS

Traffic will be fine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
big al
March 28, 2015, 10:24am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
feel the thread would have been better titled 'New York City Ground'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › York City New Ground

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.