Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The players are doing all they can, lets join them
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 239 Guests

The players are doing all they can, lets join them

This thread currently has 2,895 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Promotion Train
March 28, 2015, 9:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +16
We've longed for a squad of players to give effort deserving of the shirt, we've got a bloody minded manager who remains calm and methodical. In a nutshell it's all there for us, the fans. Some lucky enough to remember glory days of the past, some youngsters unfortunately have only the hope of better days.
Now is the time for us, the fans both young and old, to rally round for 5 games, pack the Park - bring your mam, Dad, neighbour, mates even your enemies. To Alfreton and Southport get a ticket, fill you car or jump on the (promotion) train, just be there. No moaning just 450 minutes of singing, clapping and positivity.
In May 2010, I said we'll be back. Let's make this happen, we are Great, we are Grimsby. And I wanna be in the football league. UTM!

SORRY ABOUT THE USERNAME, SEEMED A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
March 28, 2015, 9:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I can't make Alfreton but I'll be at every other game. 6,000 realistic next Saturday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
cmackenzie4
March 28, 2015, 9:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
All aboard that promotion train!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
FishOutOfWater
March 28, 2015, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to my trains so for me it has to be

Oh when the Town go steaming in
Oh when the Town go steaming in

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 10
grimsby pete
March 28, 2015, 10:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I am coming up for the Wrexham game,

The way we are playing it will be a sell out ,

AND

I wont get a ticket,

Onwards and upwards.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
nightrider
March 28, 2015, 10:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I thought we normally crumble under the pressure of a big crowd?

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
MarinerWY
March 28, 2015, 10:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from nightrider
I thought we normally crumble under the pressure of a big crowd?

That was in the past. We are in very different cirumstances now: great spirit within the club, great fight from the players and a unified backing from the fans. We can beat any team and BP being packed will only increase our advantage.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
rancido
March 29, 2015, 12:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
I think PH has put together an excellent squad and with the recent additions seems to have all bases covered. The team spirit and confidence is high and us fans should do all we can to support them through the final games. I know PH has had his criticisms in the past and a lot of fans have questioned his ability. He is still a relatively young manager learning his trade and is bound to make mistakes but if he can learn from them all the better. Our recent form speaks for itself and surely this is no lucky phase but a concerted effort by the players and management team to achieve the ultimate goal of getting us back into the football league. UTM

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Rick12
March 29, 2015, 12:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Promotion Train
We've longed for a squad of players to give effort deserving of the shirt, we've got a bloody minded manager who remains calm and methodical. In a nutshell it's all there for us, the fans. Some lucky enough to remember glory days of the past, some youngsters unfortunately have only the hope of better days.
Now is the time for us, the fans both young and old, to rally round for 5 games, pack the Park - bring your mam, Dad, neighbour, mates even your enemies. To Alfreton and Southport get a ticket, fill you car or jump on the (promotion) train, just be there. No moaning just 450 minutes of singing, clapping and positivity.
In May 2010, I said we'll be back. Let's make this happen, we are Great, we are Grimsby. And I wanna be in the football league. UTM!
Well said my friend. Maximum positivity needed from everyone to get the club back where it belongs  league football   UTM

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
Rick12
March 29, 2015, 12:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I can't make Alfreton but I'll be at every other game. 6,000 realistic next Saturday?
More the better

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The players are doing all they can, lets join them

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.